PDA

View Full Version : Any CD's taking advantage of the opportunity to re-make yourself?

docrobbysherry
01-10-2015, 12:15 AM
TS's r often interested in consolidating their inner self with outer appearance.

But, CD's, especially closet dressers, may spend their time and energy creating new and disparate female identities. I certainly do anyway. It hit me while watching that 2 year old video they just showed here in the US of a fetish, masked event I attended and they filmed back then.

The background announcer talked about Sherry this and Robert that while showing me alone and in the first group scene at the convention. Then, they showed all of the attendees in groups going out, etc. without singling me or anyone else out by name. I realized that my looks/outfits were so different in figure, mask, and presentation, no one that wasn't at the event would know those masked female characters were me! :eek:

Many people, not just dressers, do this at Halloween. But, I wonder how many of u create various female personas? Many won't want to, naturally. But, I'll bet some of u do. Maybe some do it for the same reason I do, just because u can!?:heehee:

Persephone
01-10-2015, 02:41 AM
I think I've pretty much had one fairly consistent female personality, but I have played with male persona a bit. Some of it was professional in that I was a radio announcer for a while and my air name and air personality were different, some were just different aspects of life. Could it be that my male personal was more fluid because it was less "real"?

There were totally differet clothing eras in my male life. In high school I wore mostly work uniform type clothes, usually got 'em at Sears. At one point as an adult my entire wardrobe for several years was pink shirts with green pants. At another point it was years of all black. Then there were years where I played the business guy, always in high end three-piece suits. During that era there were even jokes like "What does he wear to bed?" Answer, "Three piece pajamas." In reality maybe they were all just really role plays.

Hugs,
Persephone.

RADER
01-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Sherry;
This was the first time I viewed this video; it was amassing. I often wish I could have a suit,
or a mask like yours. But being of an extra large size, the thought of me in a suit like yours
would just not work. I did get a simple mask with a wig attached like some others here use;
But the thought of going out wearing that is just not doable for me.
I love to dress, and often do at home. I try to schedule myself to have a whole day or two
where I can stay dressed and not go out. I even go to the mail box by using my car from the
garage to the street and return while dressed so no one can see me.
You might say I am hopelessly in the closet with no doors on it. LOL
I tip my wig to you Sherry, You look great when you dress up.
Rader

Teresa
01-11-2015, 05:31 AM
Sherry,
I haven't seen the video but can understand your reasons for dressing the way you do ! It's not for me, but I related your thread to the one about who would like to look like ?
When I thought about it, there are some very attractive GGs in the media but I've decided that I'm happy looking like me, and wish I could more open and be out and about like that !

PaulaQ
01-11-2015, 05:43 AM
TS's r often interested in consolidating their inner self with outer appearance.

For me, it's making the exterior correspond to my interior self, getting rid of stuff I was socialized to do as a man, and trying to improve my inner self so that I can be the best woman I can be.

I think this last part could apply to anyone - if you are going to be someone, be the best version of yourself that you can be, regardless of gender identity. This usually takes some work...

Marcelle
01-11-2015, 06:07 AM
Hi Sherry,

I don't think of myself as separate personalities and while I may use one name "en femme" and another "en boy" I am still me. However, re-making myself is something I do engage in as I am trying to integrate the two halves of my existence into one being . . . kind of more a Redoux than a Re-make :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
01-11-2015, 06:21 AM
Nice thought Sherry - but I think you are exceptional amongst us... :cheer: although not quite unique...

I suspect most of the folk here are just reflecting that combined or duo- persona thing that is part of the CD/TG condition - me too, to a certain extent. Besides which, the range of Sherry's portfolio just requires so much imaginative energy (not to think of the resource-intensive aspect too!), it would be way beyond most of those who water here... ;)

I can run to my auburn side (more casual, girl-next-door type... I like to think!) and the blonde side (a little more upper crust, Sloaney or county girl) and I do dress slightly differently because of how it feels different - and yes, why shouldn't we allow ourselves a little bit of 'cosplay' variation in what we do? :D

Katey x

Lexi Moralas
01-11-2015, 09:05 AM
I have reinvented my female persona . Several times. Keeping the traits I liked from the old and adding traits I think I might like to the new. Each time with a new name. And usually when returning after a purging period. My first few personas didn't even have last names.
It's funny , but the old personas almost feel like old friends I lost touch with and will never see again lol

CarlaWestin
01-11-2015, 10:35 AM
Most of the time, my outward presentation is an attempt to emulate the fantasy character or scenario that's dancing in my head. I've done a run of costume themes, lately. Housekeeper, various maids, cheerleader, sissy. I'm waiting for the next character to capture the imagination.

S. Lisa Smith
01-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Thinking about this, I believe that I am like any other woman. I may get tired of my look and decide on a change. My changes center on my hairstyle mostly and then makeup colors. I have experimented with a number of different wigs?mu but clothing taste and overall look/ persona doesn't change.

DorothyElizabeth
01-11-2015, 01:08 PM
I don't change my female persona. I may dress up or down, but Lizzie is still the same person underneath.

I can't say that so much for my male persona - during the sixties and early seventies, I was a member of an acid rock band, and dressed, acted (and got stoned) accordingly.

During the eighties and nineties, I worked for large engineering firms, and being a licensed professional engineer, I was considered upper middle management. I dressed accordingly - Corneliani suits, Ferragamo ties, cap toe oxfords, Bulgari watch etc - the whole nine yards.

Now I am semi-retired, and work in a company that is employee owned. Most days I wear jeans (Lee women's) and casual shirts - tee shirts or sweat shirts on Friday, depending on weather. So I suppose you could say my male "persona" changes.

Kate Simmons
01-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Being a spy gal I have to kind of do this by necessity sometimes. Those who saw the premiere of "Agent Carter" know what I mean.:battingeyelashes::)

Jorja
01-11-2015, 08:59 PM
I remade myself once. Unfortunately Mrs. Potato head filed a lawsuit against me for impersonation of a spudhead.

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have remade myself over they years. Times change. A girl wants to look good and stay current with fashion.

sometimes_miss
01-12-2015, 02:24 PM
I do it in reverse, sort of. As I definitely feel more girl than boy, my public presentation is a creation of what I feel is 'standard issue guy'; I simply act the part of a normal male whenever I'm out in public. I've been doing it so long, that it's easy to switch it on and off. Whenever I'm alone I can be, or at least feel, like what I feel like I should have been; standard issue girl.