PDA

View Full Version : sad day

slamddoger
01-10-2015, 07:03 PM
imeet crossdresser at work had to let go because he went to my boss and told her that he was crossdresser which was not good so bring up on the job that uou are crossdresser that could coste you your jobe

Missy_am_I
01-10-2015, 07:41 PM
I would think that is against some sort of discrimination law or something?!?

Samantha_Smile
01-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Ya never know - they could be Russian

Natasha V
01-10-2015, 07:44 PM
That's doesn't sound Legal, Well Lawsuit Time $$$ that's Discrimination. If the story is complete.

chelyann
01-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Some thing is wrong with this picture.
1) why would some one come out with out looking into it first.
2) why would this cost them their job with out having other reasons also.
3) what country is this in?

Majella St Gerard
01-10-2015, 08:03 PM
this don't make sense.

MelanieAnne
01-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Legal has nothing to do with it. If an employer wants to fire you, they can, and they will. It may take a while, while they lay a trail of poor job reviews, etc. But there aren't many laws they can't get around these days. Regarding crossdressing at work, my old girlfriend had a rather crude saying, "You don't sh!t where you eat".

"Gabriela"
01-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Well, I don't think that taking that step is not something easy to do. So I don't think it was as simple as not "s*it where you eat", there must have been a serious necessity to be accepted in the work as a crossdresser. But the story isn't clear enough, so it's hard to make an opinion :P

Eringirl
01-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Very sad, sorry to hear that. You be careful slamddoger, so that it doesn't happen to you.

Erin

BLUE ORCHID
01-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Hi SD, I think that you have a cause for action.

Cindy J Angel
01-10-2015, 10:23 PM
If its a right to work state no reason need . Its like your service is no longer needed. Or as u can take it your fired

JenniferR771
01-10-2015, 11:10 PM
There is hope. The attorney general has stated that title IX applies to transgender discrimination. Find a lawyer; pay him a lot and see what happens.
http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2013/07/15/trans-woman-wins-employment-discrimination-suit-using-civil-rights

MelanieAnne
01-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Find a lawyer; pay him a lot

Easy for you to say. :doh:

RachaelInLv
01-10-2015, 11:16 PM
There is hope. The attorney general has stated that title IX applies to transgender discrimination. Find a lawyer; pay him a lot and see what happens.
http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2013/07/15/trans-woman-wins-employment-discrimination-suit-using-civil-rights

This would depend on whether we are dealing with a US state or a foreign country, they may not see things the same as we do ( recent events in Russia are prime example)

slamddoger
01-10-2015, 11:26 PM
it not me new prson so the story line is don't come out on the if you are new on the job

emma-louise
01-11-2015, 04:57 AM
Why does crossdressing cost you your job? something not right with this story, doesnt make any sense

Shelly Preston
01-11-2015, 05:01 AM
We simply don't have enough information on this case.

Why did they tell the employer they were a crossdresser ??

Did they intend to crossdress at work ??

Was it going to affect the way they work depending on the job ?

That's before we get to the legal options of individuals and employers

Marcelle
01-11-2015, 06:22 AM
I agree . . . we don't have enough information about this situation, particularly what country we are dealing with (different employment laws in various countries). Even if this was a country with labour laws similar to Canada, dismissal by an employer is their right so long as due cause is given. If the employer comes right out and says "I am firing you because you are a cross dresser" well then yes, you have a leg to stand on for wrongful/discriminatory dismissal so long as TG rights are enshrined in your legal system (i.e., it is discriminatory to fire someone based on gender identity). However, it is more likely an employer will simply say "services no longer required", "cutting back staff" or one of several legitimate reasons and you will be placed in a position of taking your lumps and leaving or taking them to court to prove wrongful dismissal (lengthy and costly prospect which employers hedge bets that most dismissed employees won't pursue).

My recommendation to anyone thinking about coming out at work is do your homework. What TG policies are in place at your work place? If there aren't any, what is the HR take on it. You can do some covert checking without exposing yourself.

Hugs

Isha

DonnaP
01-11-2015, 08:33 AM
all things considered I guess the person who was fired will not do much if still in closet. Does not want problems at home ? or with friends that have no idea. So this will just disappear even though it is very wrong.

Carolana
01-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Great comments and advise, Isha. To add to it, In Canada at least there is also a three month probation period where an employer does not legally need a reason to let a person go. However, some jobs are not worth fighting to keep. I wonder why the employee felt it necessary to share.

sometimes_miss
01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Wow, a lot of you have never worked as a manager. There are all kinds of ways to railroad an unwanted employee out of a job, and they never have to mention that any gender issues have anything to do with it. For example, past reviews can be altered, so that gradual deterioration of work performance can be detailed. Or you can change their job slightly to include things they aren't good at or simply increase the workload of things they don't like to do to the point where the job becomes intolerable, or they simply hate doing it so much that their performance really does suffer. Work is a symbiotic environment; all should get along well in order for production or work to be of best quality and quantity. Screw that up, and you won't be wanted at your place of employment. In other words, why rock the boat? If you do so, you do so at your own risk. There's no reason to out yourself at work unless you're a female impersonator. While you may feel that what you do shouldn't be of any concern to anyone else, the real world doesn't always work that way.

Lorileah
01-12-2015, 03:07 PM
discrimination or not, transgenders are not protected in many states. And won't be until someone pushes for protection. Remember, we aren't gay or lesbian or of an ethnic minority or genetically female or any of the protected statuses.

DorothyElizabeth
01-12-2015, 06:20 PM
And the Equal Rights Amendment (for which my mother fought so long and hard in Maryland) expired, three states short of ratification into the Constitution.

giuseppina
01-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Legal has nothing to do with it. If an employer wants to fire you, they can, and they will. It may take a while, while they lay a trail of poor job reviews, etc. But there aren't many laws they can't get around these days. Regarding crossdressing at work, my old girlfriend had a rather crude saying, "You don't sh!t where you eat".

This. While antidiscrimination protection is nice, the employer can use the performance issue as reason to fire with near impunity. The onus is on the ex-employee to prove discrimination. If, as is becoming more common these days, the employee is a contract employee, there is no job security. Employers can dismiss these employees as they see fit with no notice or recourse for the employee.

It might be a good idea to find alternate employment, Slamdogger. Make sure you don't use company computers or networks to conduct your job search, as these activities can be monitored and are fair game to discredit an employee. Other obvious clues are not wearing interview clothes to work and scheduling interviews outside normal working hours.

MelanieAnne
01-12-2015, 11:45 PM
More importantly, if you aren't going to fully transition, and need to prepare people for your change, why does anyone feel the need to come out at their place of employment? This is just asking for trouble. Those who claim they have the right to this or that, are missing the point. We don't live in a perfect world. And you are quite likely to find yourself asserting your rights down at the employment office.

slamddoger
01-13-2015, 01:37 AM
I got this prson job back tow cond. that he dos not talk about crossdresser on the job and do not come to work whith any women close on he lost clean gril restroom an the gril lock room thay given him the band room to do and the shop to do

Persephone
01-13-2015, 03:33 AM
Great that you were able to get his job back. Tough situation.

Hugs,
Persephone.

heatherdress
01-14-2015, 12:14 AM
Always best to keep personal life/issues/beliefs/behaviors private - out of workplace. Regardless of laws and rights, if you need a job and want a successful career, you can't act and dress like you can "off-duty".