PDA

View Full Version : Smart femme, scruffy drab

Lilith Moon
01-29-2006, 04:55 PM
As a male I'm not known for my great fashion sense...alright, I tend to be downright scruffy. I often throw on whatever I cast off the night before if it happens to be lying next to my bed. Usually black vest, black jogging bottoms, pair of sandals. Drag a comb quickly through my hair to remove the knots and shave every couple of days, unless I'm going to dress. In short I'm a slob. I will make an effort to dress up when I go shopping with the wife, but only for her. She has complained bitterly about my public male appearance and so I'm trying to improve it.

In femme, I spend hours making sure everything is as perfect as I can get it. Everything has to match. I shave very carefully, face, legs, arms etc. Makeup takes me ages and I will start over if it is not quite right. Cotton blouses are carefully ironed. And so on.

I'm wondering how many others are like me, so here is a poll.

Tina Dixon
01-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Well I can tell you I have not shaved my face since yesterday morning.

Raychel
01-29-2006, 05:08 PM
When in my male clothes it is always work pants and a T-Shirt. When I am dressing up it is most always in the finest gowns or dresses.

TaraB
01-29-2006, 05:15 PM
i always try to look my best femme or drab. I exercise a ton...gym 3 times a week and cardio daily. I don't dress femme much at all anymore though but as far as clothes go...either way i make sure my appearance is as good as i can get.

ronna
01-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Oh boy, Lilith, you hit a sensitive spot here!
Guys just don't primp and preen.
It's not fun.
But...if you like girlie things, it is a whole different matter!

I tend to look like the typical "bum" when I'm not Ronna, but turn Ronna loose and look out!

Nice poll, thanks for asking!

Kimberly
01-29-2006, 07:18 PM
wow - I'm with the 50% majority on this one!

good 'o xx

Paula Rae
01-29-2006, 10:09 PM
I never dress in drab anymore, my normal going to the store type of clothing is:
Women's slacks, pants or shorts (California) with knit tops or sweaters. I go the whole nine for most other occasions.
Never a slob. :angel:

Ricki B

Wendi {LI NY}
01-29-2006, 10:19 PM
i am joe slob in drab,but when i am infemme everything has to be right .Oh forbid if i am out and i get a run in my stocking.it is a major problem..[lol]
I would not have it any other way though! I love myself in femme ,but in drab ,I am just one of the boys ![ugh] hugs,Wendi:(

Jodi
01-30-2006, 09:28 PM
When in drab, I make sure that everything matches and is coordinated, ie brown shoes/brown belt. Also--I spent a career in the army. My military appearance is my appearance.

Jodi

Megan72
01-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I try to look my best all the time. I have a very public job and never know if i may be meeting with a kid in a t-shirt or a lawyer in a suit. Typicaly slacks and a jacket for me.

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-31-2006, 12:19 AM
You're only drab if you let yourself be.

MelissaL
01-31-2006, 12:46 AM
I may skip shaving once or twice a week, and my usualy attire is jeans and a t-shirt ( or polo) I try to look decent when in drab, as a woman (when I get the chance) I try to look as good as i can, whether its formal or casual or even a womans t-shirt and jeans. I cant stand being slob though not say havent ever been one on occasion but only in drab.

neat freak (that whole military thing)

Melissa

Imogen_Mann
01-31-2006, 03:32 AM
I slip down into into slobby ways sometimes, but usually not for long. I need to look smart (and imposing) at work, so I gravitate towards smart all the time anyway. The only real problem has been my financial situation made it rather awkward to buy decent clothes (fem of drab) for quite a long time, so after a long time looking like a parrifine on his day off, I'm re-building both wardrobes (drab first, I need that for work and work pays for the finer in life).

XX

Jayme

TGMarla
01-31-2006, 08:59 AM
When presenting as a male, which is almost all the time, I run the full spectrum from slob to well groomed. As a lady, I always try to look my best. No category up there for that, so I couldn't vote.

Lilith Moon
01-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Thank you girls for responding so far. Maybe I should have added a few more options. I can see that one group dresses smartly for business related rather than personal reasons, while others run the whole spectrum from scruffy to smart whether dressed femme or not. Keep 'em coming :bs:

KateW
01-31-2006, 11:58 AM
I often spend ages shaving my body then quickly run an electric razor over my face. I am also a lot more scruffy in male mode then female, as I'm simply not interested in buying male clothes.

SandraInHose
02-01-2006, 10:17 AM
That was one of the things that shocked my wife when she discovered this side of me. She says that since I hate dressing up as a man, she can't understand why I'd want to dress to the nines as a woman. Although I'm not a complete slob (I wear polo's and pullovers and dockers occasionally), I hate wearing suits and ties, tuxedos, or anything formal. But give me a nice women's business suit (skirt, blouse, jacket), and I'll have it on as quickly as possible!

Like everything else involving CDing, I can't explain that one either.

Donnie
02-01-2006, 12:36 PM
pretty much with TGMarla on this one

Lilith Moon
02-01-2006, 06:25 PM
That was one of the things that shocked my wife when she discovered this side of me. She says that since I hate dressing up as a man, she can't understand why I'd want to dress to the nines as a woman. Although I'm not a complete slob (I wear polo's and pullovers and dockers occasionally), I hate wearing suits and ties, tuxedos, or anything formal. But give me a nice women's business suit (skirt, blouse, jacket), and I'll have it on as quickly as possible!

Yes, my wifes reaction was similar. She had, more or less, accepted my scruffy male image but when she learned of my dressing and the care I took she changed. She is now quite resentful of my lack of interest in male clothes and I'm trying to smarten up a bit, at least when we are out together.

CammyT
02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Aloha,
Well groomed in drab. I use Clinique skin care products to take care of my face. Facial scrub, moisturizer, non-alchohol after shave and under eye treatment. :cool:

Lindahexi
02-01-2006, 06:55 PM
I went for Slob in drab........... because it was the best of the options on offer for me. The truth is that I'm probably not really a slob as such, but I try much harder to be immaculate when dressing in female attire.

bridgette63
02-01-2006, 06:58 PM
When Im in drab I go from slob to snob it depends on the day the circumstances the job or project thats going on. Hard to pin me down to an always... I guess usually jeans and T-shirt and no shaving the face on Saturday... Gotta have one day not to care. If I'm dressing up I try to take care of all the details... but even then not every time. Guess I all over the place.

RenaCD
02-01-2006, 07:33 PM

Sandra I'm with you on this one, although shaving is not an option, thats the first thing done every morning,First after coffee! But thats what work demands, neat, well worn, Jeans and Flannel the uniform of the day
The Al Borland look think Tool Time!
Lots of Flannel! (Sorry Angel Darling)

Jasmine Ellis
02-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Always trying to look the best as I CAN FEMME.....Trying to be the lady that I can be. Knowing there can be done more to get that WOW look.
Rating myself 5 out of 10. And I think thats over rating.....

Butterfly Bill
02-12-2006, 04:21 PM
When I am in "drab", it's because I am doing some kind of work that gets me dirty. But most of my drab (trousers as opposed to skirts) clothes I find on the ladies' side of the aisle. So " I'm a slob in drab, try to look good when femme" is not all the way correct. And maybe "I'm 24/7 femme" applies to me, but I don't think that's quite what I think you mean.