01-29-2006, 05:30 PM
How do you think age playes in the lenght of mini skirts? michelle

black leotards
01-29-2006, 05:33 PM
What can i say? If the legs fit, wear one :cheeky:

GypsyKaren
01-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi Michelle

I'm 53 now, I got great legs, so I figure what the heck. I like short skirts, I think they're fun, I wear them out where the situation calls for it.

GypsyKaren

SherriePall
01-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm a little older than Karen and I've been told by a couple of GG's not to cover my legs. Although I like the long skirts, I have worn some above the knee in public. But I feel I shouldn't because it draws too much attention in November in the Great Northeast of Pennsylvania.

Amelie
01-29-2006, 06:55 PM
It doesn't matter if the skirt is long or short, once it ages and gets old, it's time to get a new skirt.

Lindahexi
01-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Age doesn't matter at all, if you've got good legs why not show em, I love mini skirts, always have, always will.

Paula Rae
01-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey Michell and Ladies,

I'm 64 years old and have very nice mini hanging in the closet (15 inches). I've never had the nerve to wear it when going out. Thanks to this thread, it's given me the motivation, so tomorrow night I'll wear it, the occasion is: Joining eight other crossdressers for dinner. I'll post some photos in the Picture Gallery. :bs:

Ricki B

Deanna2
01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
I love mini skirts. They are one of my fantasies. I love my fantasies at around 30cms (12" to the non-metrics).

Fallen Angel
01-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Im 46 belive it or not and that is one of my most faverite things to wear a very very short and tight mini xxxx

uknowhoo
01-30-2006, 12:25 AM
Im 46 belive it or not and that is one of my most faverite things to wear a very very short and tight mini xxxx

Oh, don't worry Angel, we believe you. :bs:

Ricki, we'll look forward to those pics.

As for the original question, I suppose there's a certain age at which minis aren't really appropriate. That said, we CDers wear the clothing we do for different reasons than do GGs. I expect I'll probably be wearing my minis when I'm using a cane. Sorry 'bout the double standard, that's just how I see it. Perhaps an example will clarify my reasoning. I wouldn't expect to see an 75 year old GG in a mini. But if she were talked into wearing one for a part in the church play, more power to her! I hope this made sense.

Hugs,

Tammi

tara 24-7
01-30-2006, 08:06 AM
mini dress or skirt, its a must have item for the closet, im 42 and 6 foot 5 tall, without the heels, love my leggy looks in a mini and 5 inch heels, long, long legs, kisses tara xxxx

ERIKA1963
01-30-2006, 07:03 PM
I love them and I'm 42 the day my legs go south then I'll switch to a longer skirt until then ladies you'll only see lots of leg with me. Sometimes too much ERIKA1963 :o atleast that's what my wife says!!!!

Aloha_Dana
01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Love 'em dear! I picked up several from last year's fashion blitz of the pleated mini. I'm 45. Going out is one thing (you simply must to dress your age). Dressing to make yourself happy is another. I'd never wear a mini 'out', but almost exclusively at home.

To get a better line on your answer, look at the GG's. I've seen some older 40's and younger 50's in mini's and they looked awesome.

Aloha,
Dana

Staci
01-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Age does not matter. You wear what you like. It is all about you.

genevieve
01-31-2006, 10:43 PM
although am only 5'5" my legs are quite nice and prefer to show off my best feature, each of us has her best feature and should focus there and how to surround our asset!:angel:

AprilMae
01-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Look at Tina Turner. She's what..104 and still has wheels that go all the way up. If you got em...show em

Stacy Reso
01-31-2006, 10:47 PM
i love mini skirts being 18

Nicole Lee
01-31-2006, 11:38 PM
i love mini skirts being 18
Same. :)

And if you happen to be older with not-that-attractive pair of legs, there's always the pantyhose solution! :D

Keely
02-01-2006, 07:17 AM
I love minis and have several. Doesn't matter your age.

Keely

TGMarla
02-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Well....I sure hope so. I'm not saying that you shouldn't enjoy what you want to enjoy, but if you're rather aged, the general public probably doesn't want to see you prancing around in a mini-skirt. At least when out and about, act your age. While at home, do as you please.

Nicole Lee
02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Well....I sure hope so. I'm not saying that you shouldn't enjoy what you want to enjoy, but if you're rather aged, the general public probably doesn't want to see you prancing around in a mini-skirt. At least when out and about, act your age. While at home, do as you please.
Well said. :) :thumbsup:

But also remember -- much of the general public probably doesn't want to see you prancing around in women's clothes to begin with. So, might as well go all out. Hahh.

cdsheri6977
03-03-2006, 02:47 AM
i dont think age isnt what you should ask your self its more the mood,the look, if im feeling more like a lady i ware some thing that show some leg, but if im in the mood for looking like im in a sexy mood ill ware some thing that shows a lot of leg and in the **** mood ill ware some thing you shouldnt bend over in. but then thats just me i think if you like it you should go for it and if you have the leggs for it dont you think you should show em off, it's not right to keep them to your self hehe, but again thats just me. :doll: sheri

VeronicaMoonlit
03-03-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm one of those prudes that think CD's should dress appropriately for their age and that includes not wearing super short skirts. There is such a thing as too much leg.showing :-) If I can see your stocking tops, the skirt is too short.

I think in part my antagonism as it were is fashionista based. It just looks wrong, the proportions, the scale. Perhaps its due to the mini-wearers buying "junior" sized skirts which are scaled to young women of average height 5' 4" (162.5 cm) or so and the average CD being about 5' 10". ( 177.8 cm) so it looks shorter on them than the young woman it's designed for. Maybe if the skirts were from the tall sized range the proportions would be better.

On me a nice 21-23 inch hemline would look better than a 16 inch anyway.

Veronica

Jasmine Ellis
03-03-2006, 08:34 AM
sorry girls with legs like mine, Mini's a no, no

Tiffy
03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I am not small, but, I have GREAT legs and love mini's.

Kisses, April Marie

Dragster
03-04-2006, 06:52 PM
If you think us older CDers shouldn't wear miniskirts, look at some of Reana's posts. Check out her her date of birth, she's in her late 50s, wears the shortest skirts on this forum, and she looks terrific!

Tony

Laurie Ann
03-04-2006, 08:22 PM
It doesn't matter if the skirt is long or short, once it ages and gets old, it's time to get a new skirt.

:rolleyes: :p :thumbsup: :D