PDA

View Full Version : A step ahead equals a step back

Leah Lynn
01-22-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm a truck driver, which many of you know. I've been at a company for five years now, a job I took when my wife's health began failing. Since her passing, I've been looking for another good job like my previous one, but set tighter parameters for the next one. Anyway, I've been quite disgruntled with the present one, not enough money, too much bs, etc. So, last Friday, I finished early and went to check out a company I heard about from a driver friend. Today, the president of that company called me, offering me a job. Newer equipment, and LOTS more money. I accepted the offer.

My roadmap has been stalled for lack of funds. Now I'll be earning more, but will be gone all week, home on weekends. I'll soon be able to get some things started again, like electolysis. However, starting at a new company, I won't be able to start the name/marker change and rle just yet. So, it'll be one day at a time, taking things at a slower pace, until I figure out how transitioning will work there. I know, take my time, it's not a race.

Maybe, instead of a step back, it's a step to the side????

Leah

S. Lisa Smith
01-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Yes, just a step to the side or a stutter step. You will be fine in the long run!!

Kris Avery
01-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Leah,

I'm so happy for you!

It's never a step back if you keep your eyes on the prize..

Jorja
01-22-2015, 10:52 PM
One step forward, two steps back, step to the left, step to the right, shake that booty and do it all again. :)

Happy for you, Leah !

Karen62
01-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Leah, I see it this way. You have a fresh opportunity to start with a new job, leaving the one that left you disgruntled long behind. You'll be earning LOTS more money, enabling you to save your pennies for the nice things that you've always wanted, needed, and deserved. Everything is a fresh start, and you'll meet new people, drive nicer, newer equipment, and likely have a good time. A new job can be an invigorating change. I see this as terrific news, my dear. Kudos to you for reaching out, knocking the socks off the of the company president, and getting the promotion you deserved. Congratulations! I wish you only success and happiness there.

Karen

Rachel Smith
01-23-2015, 05:51 AM
Leah congrats. Take good news for what it is good news. Hold your course. In time you will be you.

Emma Beth
01-23-2015, 08:12 AM
Congrats Leah. I'm sure things will work out better in the long run like they are for me.

I'm having to do the same thing as you, yet my situation is completely different. I've had to take a side step because I have remained with the same company, but I transferred to another location out of state from where I had been working.

Things for me at work couldn't be better. It's been a real improvement for me as well. I now just have to work on other stress factors that are not work related and I will be off and running myself.

Leah Lynn
01-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Thank you so much! I'm really excited to start this new journey. My boss isn't happy, but he understands that I have to go. The guys don't want me to leave, either. It's such a good feeling to know that they care and understand. I'll really miss them, but then, I still stay in touch with some of the gang from the job I left 5 years ago, so I'll stay in touch with these guys. And I'm sure I'll make some new friends as well.

Then, I'll have to move closer to that town, and there's a small city in between. I grew up there, so I'll really be going home. Most all of my family knows about me now, so being seen en femme won't be a biggie now. Heck, I've been going there enfemme for a couple years anyway, and haven't seen a relative yet. Upside, Waterloo has a fair sized lgbt community.

I'm focusing on all the good in this change. I'm going to make it.

Jorja, do you do the "Time Warp?"

Hugs,

Leah

Jorja
01-24-2015, 06:45 PM
Yes, time is warped for me. You gotta have fun with it or go friggin' nuts. They say I am already nuts.:)