PDA

View Full Version : A weekend of firsts

Kandi Robbins
01-25-2015, 12:16 PM
First.....waxing (arms in preparation of Saturday)......nails (beautiful glue-ons, I felt like a princess)...being totally hairless (I resemble one of the Geico cavemen otherwise).....borrowing various items from my wife, whom I adore (purse, shoes for pictures, etc.)....having my wife see me in some form of being dressed (I drove to Detroit dressed from the neck down)....driving dressed....getting a complete MTF transformation at Janet's Closet.....photo shoot (can't remember the last time I had my picture taken by myself)......selfie.....walk through a mall in a dress (and I looked damn good!)....getting made (damn teenage girls)......checking into a hotel em femme.......gay bar.....use of a women's bathroom (and I stood to pee!).....dance (albeit poorly) with one of our own.

Yesterday, I went to Janet's Closet in Detroit and got a complete make over. I have been at this thing for my whole life, but never wore a wig (for any extended period of time) or make up (really, never at all). They dressed me up, got out the paint roller and did me up. Walked over to the mirror and just melted, giggled like a school girl. Wow, did I look good! I don't complement myself very often. I did not see that coming. We did a two outfit photo shoot and I just had a ball. What an experience!

Then this girl walked through the mall. I know I was overdressed to have done so. I believe I was passable from a distance (like from Chicago!), but the gallons of make-up necessary to cover my beard made me an easy make for those damn teenage girls! Hey, I did it though!

Then I had the incredible pleasure of meeting up with Ms. Sammie Rogers and her friends She is a doll! I had a very good time, although I am not a club-type girl. I felt very much at ease and never even stopped to think that I'm standing here in a dress. My thanks to everyone I met last night and believe Sammie may be posting pictures here soon.

I will do the same when I get my photo shoot pics and I figure out how to do this picture posting stuff.

Any way, I had a blast, learned a lot about myself and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I did learn that as it relates to my body, that was A LOT OF WORK to get to where I got, so we'll see where this all takes me. I do know, I am very comfortable in my skin.

Hope you enjoy my little tale.

Jenniferathome
01-25-2015, 12:48 PM
An incredible amount of firsts! Talk about diving into the deep end. Glad you had fun.

Katey888
01-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Well done you!!! :cheer:

You must be feeling very content and happy right now... :c9:

And another score for the delectable Ms Rogers in having Detroit branded as the CD outing capital of the Midwest... how cool is that girl...? :cool: (Just wish I was closer to Detroit... :()

Nice one Kandi - you'll be enjoying the feeling and the recollections for quite some time...

Katey x

Pat
01-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Wowzers! Really packing the experiences in! Excellent!

Don't mind the teenagers -- your teen years are the last time in your life that you know everything. ;)

DorothyElizabeth
01-25-2015, 07:58 PM
When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

― Mark Twain

Julie Denier
01-25-2015, 10:35 PM
Wow! Sounds awesome - can't wait to see the photos ;)

Rhonda Darling
01-25-2015, 11:20 PM
Candi:

All those great accomplishments. But, I was once told it only takes one "oh sh_t" to wipe out a bunch of "atta boys". You win the prize with: "use of a women's bathroom (and I stood to pee!)....." I was stunned. If any single act can get us outed, cause GGs to instantly turn on us, immediately draw unwanted attention, and help the reporter write the opening line of a derogatory article about TG/TS/CD, that's it.

I'll step off my soapbox now.
Rhonda

Lynn Marie
01-25-2015, 11:46 PM
Very cool Kandi. Isn't it amazing what a difference hair and makeup can do? I never looked in a mirror or took a picture of myself until I got hair and makeup. Also, how much fun is it to be out with one or more CD girlfriends? I'd die if I had to live this experience just by myself!

Kandi Robbins
01-26-2015, 06:58 PM
You win the prize with: "use of a women's bathroom (and I stood to pee!)....." I was stunned.

Sorry about that, didn't mean to be insensitive, but there was not a single GG in the place, I was alone, it was just easier given what I was wearing and I Ok'd it with one of the girls I was with before I did it. I did not do so flippantly. I was in a gay dance club.

Marcelle
01-27-2015, 04:44 AM
Hi Kandi,

Sounds like a great weekend of firsts for sure. Yeah, getting made is never a fun thing but if you just assume people will read you, I find you can get back to being relaxed . . . you aren't doing anything illegal you are just being you so let some have a giggle or two (so long as they aren't mean or violent that is) and just enjoy. I am sure Sammie went through great lengths to show you a grand time and you could not have picked a better person to share you "club girl" experience with. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to the photos.

Hugs

Isha

Kandi Robbins
01-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Thanks again all. Getting made really didn't bother me, it was just another experience I wanted to share.

MsVal
01-27-2015, 07:47 PM
That's an amazing set of experiences you had there Kandi. Individually wonderful, collectively astonishing.

Now that you've busted down the door and left it in pieces, will you be doing any of those again soon?

Best wishes
MsVal

Kandi Robbins
01-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Val,

Let me tell you (and I'm sure you know this), that was the culmination of a lot of work. I will certainly be doing it again. Now that I've been out in the great wide world, I'm already planning my next outing. I will definitely get back up to your neck of the woods again!

Kandi

MissTee
01-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Good for you, Kandi!