PDA

View Full Version : A Boob Bite!

Persephone
01-26-2015, 02:54 AM
I don't believe it! I woke up this morning with a pain in my left breast. Not the usual dull "growing" pain, this was rather sharp. And there was a red mark that itched all day.

I just took a closer look and it looks like a bite or sting. Some damned critter bit me on my sweet little innocent, barely there boob!

Ouch!

Hugs,
Persephone.

TinaZ
01-26-2015, 02:55 AM
Shoo fly, don't bother me!

Sorry about your bite. But the good news is, you can rub some lotion on it!

Closeted Kat
01-26-2015, 06:57 AM
Persephone, that is a bummer. Usually if i wake up with a bite its likely a spider. just make sure to keep it clean. Hope it goes away soon.
-kat

I Am Paula
01-26-2015, 06:59 AM
That reminds me of the gradeschool saying 'Those aren't boobs, they're mosquito bites.'

anna kate
01-26-2015, 11:43 AM
If you were here on the east coast, I'd say keep a watch on it for the "bulls eye" from the deer tick. Lymes disease can be a nasty thing to deal with. I've had it twice now and it knocks the pizazz out of you.

Seana Summer
01-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Probably just a spider bite but.........

If you have been traveling lately you might want to check for bed bugs. I not trying to be a smart alec, bed bugs have been making a come back for several years now. Hotels that are likely to have infestations are actually some of the more upscale ones that see a lot of international travelers. There are also getting to be enough infestations domestically that everyone should be a little careful about used furniture if you don't know where it came from.

I have not encountered any bud bugs yet in my travels, but some of my colleagues have! They are nasty little blood suckers!!

Persephone
01-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone. Pretty sure it is a small spider bite or something similar.

Very true, Seana, one must be careful about bedbugs. One of my friends recently had an infestation and it costs hundreds of dollars to get rid of it. When we travel and stay in hotels I always check bedbugregistry.com.

Hugs,
Persephone.

phylis anne
01-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Hi Persephone sorry to hear of your bite but please do keep an eye on it case what you tangled wiht is a brown recluse
hugs phylis anne

JenniferR771
01-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Could be a bee sting. Percy. I had a similar situation last fall. The little buggers fly inside your shirt sometimes. Wear a good bra for protection.

docrobbysherry
01-26-2015, 11:00 PM
R u certain it wasn't your SO!?:heehee:

DebbieL
01-26-2015, 11:11 PM
Sometimes the combination of dry skin and growth can result in an itch that you scratch in your sleep. If it's just red, this may be the case, some lotion or oil can help. Even olive oil can give you some lasting moisture. Spider bites and tick bites usually leave a small bruise, it heals from the center, looking like a ring as blood vessels heal, until the whole wound heals. If you have a visible mark, you should probably have your doctor look at it, since some types of spiders and ticks can do serious damage such as rotting flesh, Lyme Disease, or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

Marcelle
01-27-2015, 04:48 AM
Hi Persephone,

I have to admit the "title" drew my curiosity and I had a few other assumptions before reading :heehee: I feel you pain (not in the same location that is). We have a nasty spider out my way known as a "Wolf Spider" and they have a habit of burrowing (including in your bed sheets). They like warm places and needless to say one bit me where a guy should never be bit . . . the venom is not dangerous . . . just very painful.

Hugs

Isha

Persephone
01-27-2015, 04:53 AM
Thanks again, everyone, for your thoughts and wishes.

It is healing from the inside out and I'm pretty certain it was some small critter (No, Doc, not my spouse, she would leave a much bigger mark!). And I really do appreciate everyone's concern, but given the small size and the rapidity with which it has pretty much ceased itching and seems to be healing, I'm pretty sure it isn't a tick, a brown recluse (very rare in California), nor anything that might cause significant disease.

Hugs and Thanks,
Persephone.