PDA

View Full Version : the strangest feeling keeps coming over me

phylis anne
01-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Between the day job and my wife with alzheimers,I am kept pretty busy and stressed .Today when the rodeo started "phylis came out of my subconscious and gave me some moral support and the strangest sense of calm I have ever experienced and this has happened several times over the last 6 months in a way it is a bit eerie and yet on the other hand it gives me the longlasting uplift I need to deal with the day the guys at work have asked what has put me in the unusual good mood (grumpy old machinist) any ideas here?
hugs phylis anne

kimdl93
01-26-2015, 10:12 PM
I don't think you have to explain. If you're a better mood because you have accepted this part of yourself, that your business. If people notice, just explain that life is hard enough. Letting it drag you down just makes it harder.

Natasha V
01-26-2015, 10:29 PM
Completely feeling the Same way...

phylis anne
01-26-2015, 10:51 PM
kimdl93 ,
I run the machine shop where I work it is a 3 man operation me ,myself and I , so I always have a stern and serious countenance about me , however those who really know realize this is me in a good mood so they were just joking with me but you are right I owe no one an explanation . besides we have great sport wiht th eshop newbies with me and my "grump"
hugs phylis

Nikkilovesdresses
01-27-2015, 03:59 AM
Self acceptance feels good. It feels strange because you've spent most of your life blocking it (her).

Sounds like you've made being grumpy a lifestyle- it was/is just your way of coping.

You can let go of that now.

Vikky
01-27-2015, 04:46 AM
Hi Phylis

A lot of people here have written about how CDing is a stress reliever. For me, I find that when I can fully dress and spend a few hours around the house as Vikky I am in a state of bliss.

Vikky

Teresa
01-27-2015, 05:02 AM
Phylis,
I've tried to explain more than once to my wife that she's missing the best side of me ! I hate being short tempered and irritable over things that don't matter !
She must know when I've dressed because I have a feeling of calmness and acceptance afterwards !

phylis anne
01-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Thankyou for all the nice replies, I agree with Nikkilovesdresses maybe I have been blocking it out all these years Vikki,Teresa , I am now finding what you said to be true as well thank you all again for the helpfull support