PDA

View Full Version : For the 'late bloomers'

Donnagirl
01-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Hi all,

I found a doctor with the expertise I can trust, she transitioned some years ago. I had my first appointment the other day and she made an observation that intrigued me... She said that for us late bloomers, the rule of thumb is the urge, the compulsion will start from 40 years of age plus two years for each child.

For me that was right on the money...

Donna

Kandi Robbins
01-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Ran the numbers and you know what? Your doctor was exactly right! That's about when CDing really started stepping up for me.

charlenesomeone
01-29-2015, 07:50 PM
Wow, that's when I joined this site, amazing numbers.

juliecd1
01-29-2015, 08:17 PM
I started early 9 or so but the bloom doesn't seem to fade. 240072 Actually look better in Fem male. At 60 something now it seems to be getting late but isn't.

docrobbysherry
01-29-2015, 08:31 PM
40? Ha ha ha! I wasn't married until well after 40 and didn't have all my kids until I was over 50! Also began dressing after 50!:straightface:

It's ok, tho. I NEVER have done anything the easy or conventional way!:sad:

suchacutie
01-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Missed it by 3 years...but that's not too bad!!!

Melissa18
01-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Hi Donna,
I always thought a woman should never divulge her age?

Adelaide

Samantha Clark
01-29-2015, 10:36 PM
If this is accurate then I must have a handful of kids I'm not aware of . . . :D

BillieAnneJean
01-30-2015, 03:40 AM
Brenda.Clark,
How funny!

But for me that number is WAY off. I am a late bloomer.

Traceyjo
01-30-2015, 05:58 AM
I'm a late bloomer and in my case your doctor was very close to predicting my starting age

Alison 15
01-30-2015, 06:25 AM
It works for me but thats if I count children and grandchildren.

Alison

Pauline Wu
01-30-2015, 06:28 AM
Oh wow, I too am a late bloomer, the numbers are right on!

iGenny
01-30-2015, 06:38 AM
The numbers missed me - I didn't start (or even consider) until 10 years after the numbers said.

Marcie
01-30-2015, 09:45 AM
I think the numbers are close for me. However I did play around with some of my mothers clothes when I was young. As the years go on the pink cloud becomes more frequent

Teresa
01-30-2015, 10:12 AM
Donna,
If you call late bloomers 8-9 years old !!
I'm just about to start counselling so I'm intrigued and slightly scared what I might have to face and accept !

MsVal
01-30-2015, 10:21 AM
That's pretty close. Mine would be about three years per child. Maybe that's because one of my children is special needs and will always be six years old.

Best wishes
MsVal

Leslie Langford
01-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Well, add 10 years to the baseline of age 40, and the rest of the numbers would then align for me as well.

Mind you, that's in terms of the CDing urge hitting me with a vengeance, including finally going out and shopping en femme on a fairly regular basis, getting professional makeovers, going to nail salons, wig stores etc....in other words the whole 9 yards. My awareness of my love of women's (girls') clothing actually first began around age 5, and then I dressed up as the opportunity arose throughout my youth, teenage and early adult years, and finally surreptitiously during much of my marriage. I'm well into my 60's now, and enjoying my crossdressing more than ever.

I am living proof that this urge is innate and never totally goes away. The best we can do is manage it in such a way that it doesn't ruin other aspects of our lives - especially our careers and our relationships with out loved ones.

paola_gemi
01-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Very interesting topic, I am linking the perfect example!
I always hear about the crisis of the 30's or the 40's, etc, whatever it means for each one.
For me, I have struggled with my sexuality since I was 12, and had some teen age cross dressing episodes. But the real cross dressing exploded when I was about 34, and from there on it has been an on and of situation, depending on how busy in my life I am, but most of the time was like outbreaks that would go away and come back in a space of several months.
But now that I am 44, is when I think I am having that "40's crisis" I am just learning and accepting that I have Gender Disphoria, and now I think about my CD more than ever. I think about transitioning, I think about not doing earlier in my life, I think so many things that I thought I was going crazy.
But it kind of comforts me to know that indeed there is a pattern, and that I am not alone, and try to convence my self that is never too late.

I just hope that when I am over with the 40's my urges will be put me in a different place, and hope that I have overcome my fears and live a happy feminine life.

Paola.

juliecd1
01-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Very close, have dressed off and on most of my life but really kicked into overdrive at 44. Now widowed at 60 something it is most all of the time when home and androgynous when out

Helen_Highwater
01-30-2015, 11:24 AM
Yep it would have been in my 40's when I started to "do it properly" and become more focused in my dressing. It did make me wonder though if the reason for the late start is due to lack of opportunity before marriage and in the earlier years of marriage, younger kids eat your time and leave you no privacy, coupled to just a lack of confidence that goes with being young and inexperienced. I would guess that it also coincides with the kids flying the nest, going off to uni and allowing more me time.

For my generation it would also coincide with the growth of the internet and that was a great liberator that I'm sure played it's part in my "blossoming".

juliecd1
01-30-2015, 11:40 AM
Internet definitely made a difference. I remember the first time I logged on to web chat room in 1996 before widows, blew me away to find out how many others were engaged.

Dusty815
01-30-2015, 11:44 AM
It seems to be almost spot on in my case.

kimgirl
01-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Aout right for me, just a year out, but who's counting?

MsVal
01-30-2015, 01:22 PM
It just occurred to me how common it is for late bloomers to feel the compulsion. They have a 'rule of thumb' for this.

Best wishes
MsVal

reb.femme
01-30-2015, 05:36 PM
...For my generation it would also coincide with the growth of the internet and that was a great liberator that I'm sure played it's part in my "blossoming".

I'd pretty much go with this statement, as it allowed many of us to discover that we were not alone or as strange as we'd previously thought. Now we know for sure we're strange.....yeah thanks internet! :devil:

Rebecca

Bria
01-30-2015, 07:24 PM
I must be an extra late bloomer, I've got 5 kids, but that only gets the number to 50, that's 23 short!

Hugs, Bria

weyburn
01-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Numbers are pretty close for me<I would like to get an appointment with your doctor

HollySmtms
01-31-2015, 08:17 AM
40, spot on.

Marcelle
01-31-2015, 09:09 AM
Hey Donna . . . late bloomer but for me the number is off by 7 years.

Hugs

Isha

MissTee
01-31-2015, 09:40 AM
I was way sooner. By the math, then, that makes me a pre-mature crossdresser.

Donnagirl
01-31-2015, 09:17 PM
Thanks for all the input, I think it validated my original suspicion, my intrigue that any attempts to quantify, qualify or define us is really an exercise in futility... We are about as far away from a 'one size fits all' community as you can get...

Not that it in any way reduces my trust in the doctor...

Kris Avery
01-31-2015, 09:45 PM
Donna,

My family thought the crisis was when I bought a mustang GT when I was 41.:devil:

I have 3 biological kids and 3 step kids.

@45 all he!! broke lose, and by 46, I am starting my 3rd month of HRT.

Loving statics, I am sure there is a mean age with a reasonable standard deviation to catch most folks.