PDA

View Full Version : So Many Things!

Aly Cat
01-29-2015, 08:31 PM
So! Goodness, where to begin...

It's been a good long while since I've been on here and I thought I'd pop in and give an update on what's been going on with my life.

As some of you know, I've been full time for a while now. I'm approaching my 10 month mark on HRT! That's a big deal! Whew time flies!! Lots of body changes...obviously. I am officially being recognized as a woman all the time now. I had a customer tell me that I was a hottie and that I look like those sexy biker chicks because I was wearing knee high boots.
I am also getting compliments from total strangers telling me that they like my haircut and the new style. Apparently I am now known as the friendly neighborhood transsexual by people who have witnessed the duration of my transition. For those that haven't witnessed it, I am simply a girl. I had one girl today who's husband made a silly comment as he was walking away. She liked at me while laughing and rolling her eyes and says..."men!" I just laughed and enjoyed that I am now finally in the official girls club.

Also!! I have a girlfriend now! She lives in OH, but after 3 months of long distance dating, we finally met! Sparks flew, butterflies fluttered, and we had an absolutely amazing time! She makes me very happy!!

Voice...
It's a work in process. I feel like it could be better, but apparently I am rather convincing to those on the phone and drivethru workers. Those are the real test. I put a sample clip of my voice on Reddit and everyone else agreed that I sounded completely cis female. So I've got that going decently well.

Last but certainly not least, I am in the joyous waiting period of getting my name legally changed!! My name is running in the paper for about another week or so and then they will give me a court date to petition a judge. I'm so ready for that process to be done!! So in roughly a months time, I will legally be Alyson Rae. *giddy*

All in all, things are going rather swimmingly and the only real thing I have left is surgeries which won't be any time soon. The soonest is 2 years so that my insurance well cover it. Patience= substantial discount.
If I didn't work with people who knew me prior to my transition, I could probably go stealth to a certain degree.

I couldn't be happier!!!

P.S. here's a few pics of me and my girlfriend!

JessMe
01-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Congratulations, Aly!!!! Glad to hear that things are going well!
Also, Y'all make a cute couple! :)

S. Lisa Smith
01-29-2015, 08:49 PM
That is soooo wonderful!!

justmetoo
01-29-2015, 09:50 PM
Awesome! Congratulations! You 2 do make a cute couple.

MayaMe
01-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Aly, it's great to hear that all going well. Aww, such a cute couple.

Eringirl
01-30-2015, 09:40 AM
ALY !! So great to hear from you !!! Wonderful update! So happy that things are going so well. And love the new "do". Avatar is just so lovely. Don't be a stranger. Keep the updates coming. Just made my day.

Erin

kimdl93
01-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Good for you. I hope everything continues to go smoothly. When it doesn't, just keep your chin up.

MsVal
01-30-2015, 02:25 PM
It's good to read that your life has settled down, you're accepted, and you have a girlfriend. Each of those is great individually. Taken together, it's wonderful.

P.S. Good photos of a couple having lots of fun.

Best wishes
MsVak

Bria
01-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Aly, thanks for the update, I've wondered how things were going for you!

Hugs, Bria

StephanieCLT
01-30-2015, 03:07 PM
That is great, Aly! So glad you had a good time with your girlfriend, too!!!

Steph

DaphneMiller
02-18-2015, 06:49 PM
So happy for you!

Daphne

charlenesomeone
02-19-2015, 04:46 AM
Happy for you, and really for both of you.
Hope it continues to go great.
Hugs

Marcelle
02-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Hi Aly,

Very glad to read your life is moving forward in the direction you need to be going. Very cute couple BTW.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
02-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Aly,
It is nice to see smooth progress and I hope you have a good relationship there.
You do need support on your journey.

Claire Cook
02-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Aly, It's wonderful to hear how things are going for you. You guys (I'm told this is now a gender-neutral word now!) look great together. Thanks for sharing!