PDA

View Full Version : Noticed at the Mall

Bea A
01-30-2015, 07:20 PM
Wife and I stopped by a thrift shop at the mall today. She doesn't like to shop at this store, because she rarely finds anything for her. Well she found 2 sweaters and some jeans, and I snagged a cute sweater. On our way out, a group of middle school girls were standing and visiting. One called out from a distance "hey XXXXX" . I know her from the church I volunteer at. I said hello , then she mentioned "what are you wearing"? I had on brown slacks, a soft pink mock turtleneck and a zip up sweater. plus earrings and necklace. I never responded and she said "you look nice". I wonder how the conversation will go this Sunday when/if I see her. Guess we'll find out. Stay tuned.

Tammy Lynn Tx
01-30-2015, 10:59 PM
can't wait to find out. but sounds like a cute outfit

Krisi
02-02-2015, 08:31 AM
You knew what you were wearing when you left home and I assume you knew you might run into someone you know. I guess you own it now.

Me, I try to be one way or the other, not somewhere in the middle.

Bea A
02-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Saw her at church Sunday.... didn't even mention it.

Lauri K
02-02-2015, 08:13 PM
You handled it very well in my opinion, as often times when you answer one question, you just get bombarded by more of them.

I tend to be defensive about those types of questions too, so no answer can be a good answer.

Sounds like a nice outfit the way you described it.

BTW any reactions from your wife on this ?

kimdl93
02-02-2015, 08:40 PM
hindsight is always 20:20, but it might have been better addressing the obvious right at that point, rather than putting it off. At least she complimented your outfit :)

ChristinaK
02-03-2015, 12:36 AM
You have a lot of b#%lls for a girl! Sounds like it went well for you, but keep in mind that EVERYONE has a camera with them these days and not everyone is so understanding or nice. Course, I'm calling the kettle black too. Just as guilty, Hon. Fortunately, very few people in my town know me.

erika_kerrie
02-03-2015, 02:29 PM
I got noticed at the mall years ago. It was my third trip to the mall so I was feeling very confident. I remember I was looking at some high heels when I saw one if my older sister's best friends. We made direct eye contact, so I quickly looked away and left the shoe store but she followed me and I know for a fact she recognised me, I was actually wearing my sister's jacket at the time. Anyways she never mentioned it to me, but for the next week or so I was super nervous. Oh well!

natalie_cheryl
02-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Well I hope it goes well I think it will be ok