PDA

View Full Version : "You should try being a crossdresser"

UNDERDRESSER
01-31-2015, 02:54 PM
That's effectively what I say to people about 2 or 3 times a week. I work retail, and amongst other things, we sell clothing. For the most part, you can consider it "technical" clothing. When we don't have the item in the men's section, I will sometimes suggest trying the female one. Often, they are the same thing, but with different cut. With stretch fabrics, the fit has enough "give" that it can work. Occasionally, it works better. Typically, the ladies stuff has shorter inseams and sleeves, so that can work in your favour. Happens the other way round as well, some of the very tall girls around here end up buying the guy's stuff, otherwise parts of their anatomy are not covered. Reactions vary, a lot just shrug it off, some say "No, don't think so..." or similar, but about half go "That's an idea.." One guy came back to me yesterday and told me the pants I gave him to try were a perfect fit, he was very happy.

Just struck me as funny the other day, that what I was suggesting was just, "You should try being a crossdresser"

RADER
01-31-2015, 04:19 PM
You re so rite; I find that womans jeans fit me much better than men's jeans,
and the stretch fabric ha a hands down better feel that anything in the men's
wear side of the store.
Rader

Tracii G
01-31-2015, 07:33 PM
I am that way with shoes a guys 9 is too big and an 8 1/2 is too small but a womens 9 is prefect.
Had a friend say are those womens boots you have on because my wife has the same pair.
I said yeah they are and I explained my problem with shoes and he said OK that makes sense.
I told him womens shoes are way cuter. He laughed and thought I was kidding I'm sure LOL

SharonDenise
01-31-2015, 08:47 PM
I agree. I feel that women's jeans fit better than men's jeans. I've been wearing Gloria Vanderbilt's for years. The pockets in their plus size are equal in size to what are found in men's jeans.

docrobbysherry
02-01-2015, 01:22 AM
The women's jeans I tried a while back fit great! Until I tried to put my check book, fat wallet, 2 sets of keys, change, and a hankie in the pockets!:sad:

I WAS able to get my Chapstick and 37 cents into the ladies jean's pockets!:heehee:

larissa-laurie
02-01-2015, 01:46 AM
I wear 3 pair of ladies Rider jeans and they fit great, a little higher in the waist and perfect length. I have one women's Worthington slacks from penney's and they are soft and fit real nice too. These I wear anywhere and nothing is said or noticed I believe.

Andy66
02-01-2015, 01:51 AM
Hah! I knew those crossdressers would start converting people eventually! :heehee:

Teresa
02-01-2015, 05:27 AM
Underdresser,
Being 29" inside leg does give me problems as most guy stuff is usually 31" I wanted a pair of waterproof overtrousers to walk the dog and found ladies size 12 the perfect fit, I actually had a female SA looking for some knowing they were for me ! My wife was not impressed with me for doing that but accepted my explanation, with the comment ," Any excuse !"

Beverley Sims
02-01-2015, 05:53 AM
I agree, if the cap fits, wear it. :)

Marcelle
02-01-2015, 06:13 AM
LOL . . . gave me my first chuckle of the day.

Hugs

Isha

Missy_am_I
02-01-2015, 06:36 AM
I agree with most that womens pants tend to fit better. But unless I started carrying a purse, I could never fit all my stuff in those little pockets! Maybe I will get a purse and just call in a "European carry-all".

Carrie R
02-01-2015, 11:45 PM
I recently bought a pair of women's work shoes at Skechers as all the men's work shoes didn't go down to my size. Tried quite a few men's shoes, after a while it was like, oh what the hell. The shoes look manly enough and nobody has said a thing at work.

JoannaCD
02-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Here's an easy solution to the shallow pocket problem I posted today.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?222492-Ladies-pants-and-pockets/page2

DorothyElizabeth
02-02-2015, 12:16 AM
I have been wearing Lee "Monroe" classic fit jeans for about three years now. The fit is better through the seat, and the back of the waist does not gap when I sit forward on the front edge of a chair, as men's do. (I sit that way when I am playing a musical instrument, from four to seven nights a week.) I have never carried a lot of stuff in my pockets, even when wearing all "man" clothes. Carrying a wallet and keys is hard on suits, and makes the jackets drape oddly. (When you spend $1000.00 or more for a suit, you think about these things - and I have worn Corneliani and Hugo Boss suits since about 1980.) I have carried a Coach shoulder bag ever since my college days, back in the sixties. If anyone says anything, I just tell them it is a "man bag", not a purse.

Allison Chaynes
02-02-2015, 02:46 AM
I love the stretch in many women's jeans. They are so much more comfortable.

I too have recommended CDing, but to my own mom. I told her that a Payless associate recommended women's shors because I could not find any that fit me right. Wouldn't you know it, now the only athletic shoes I own are women's. My mom told me her feet were swelling so I suggested trying a men's size and seeing if it helped.

Alison 15
02-02-2015, 06:50 AM
I have found that womens sandals and flip-flops are a much neater fit. Something about them being made narrower than mens styles.

Alison