PDA

View Full Version : A Big First for Me

RADER
01-31-2015, 04:38 PM
I have been cross dressing forever, since a little kid.
My first wife divorced me for wearing girdles under my
street clothes. My second wife was totally OK with my dressing,
even pick out things for me to wear. Since I am a big Lumber Jack
body type, going out of the house dressed was never an option.

Well last night I broke the Ice; I was all day in my jean skirt, bra with
forms to give me a DD look, and a plane black top.
I jumped into my truck to go down to the mail box to get the mail.
I did not want to change into pants so I get into the truck and go
to the mail box.
Well I thought I might get something to eat as well as I was out,
so I went through the drive through at an Abby's, wearing a skirt.
Now this is a big first for me, yes I still have my mustache, and bald
head, but it felt daring for me to leave the friendly con finds of the Closet,
just to drive down the street to get some food.
I must admit that this forum has given this old man a lot of confidence that
a few years ago I would never have even tried. I leave the drapes open,
no longer wondering if some one looks through a window.

Free at last.
Rader

justmetoo
01-31-2015, 05:04 PM
Good for you! Makes me a little misty-eyed reading about you finding some freedom. :)

Mikhaela
01-31-2015, 05:40 PM
WOW! What a great wife you have! Good for you! You gone further than I ever have, LOL.

kimdl93
01-31-2015, 06:09 PM
That's a great, amazing, huge step!

Julie Denier
01-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Good for you! ;)

Jamie Lynn
01-31-2015, 08:24 PM
Way to go Rader! It's not so bad, is it?! Where's your next excursion to?

Leslie Langford
01-31-2015, 09:04 PM
I guess you CAN teach on old dog new tricks...;)

TxCassie
02-01-2015, 12:28 AM
Congrats Radar!

I know how you feel. Every step is a huge step for us. It will get easier next time. Remember, GGals come in all sort of shapes an sizes too. True, the moustache may be a something you will eventually have to deal with, but being a big masculine guy, Ha! Don't you dare let that stop you for growing and glowing!

Smooch... and a big HUG!

Cassie :love:

docrobbysherry
02-01-2015, 01:11 AM
Good for u! It's amazing the things we'll do after we get used to going out isn't it, Rader?

I finished a shoot earlier tonite at a vacant property on a cul de sac. When I pulled in, I was wearing jeans, loose shirt, and drab shoes over my skimpy leopard outfit! (See avatar).

Then, on leaving I got out of my car still wearing me leopard wedges and tites. (No jeans!) Had to close and lock the car gate. I don't think the neighbors saw me. But, if they did? Well, they're not MY neighbors!:devil:

Andy66
02-01-2015, 01:45 AM
Yay, Rader! :cheer:

emma-louise
02-01-2015, 04:41 AM
you go gurl x

pamela7
02-01-2015, 05:11 AM
awesome, well done!!!

Beverley Sims
02-01-2015, 05:57 AM
Rader,
I am glad that you can spread your wings a little more.

I have been doing it constantly for years even if only a small bit at a time.

Marcelle
02-01-2015, 06:11 AM
Hi Rader,

CONGRATS! Any step forward is a good step.

Hugs

Isha

STACY B
02-01-2015, 06:53 AM
Y.O.L.O. YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE ,,,, lol,,,,, Make the Best of it !!!

RachelB.
02-01-2015, 07:02 AM
Congratulations, That urge to get out and about will grow as you spread your wings.

Nikkilovesdresses
02-01-2015, 07:09 AM
How wonderful to arrive at a state of mind like you have Rader. One of the compensations for growing older.

Congratulations and thanks for letting us know.

xNikki

HollySmtms
02-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Congratulations Rader, that is a great story and your sharing of feeling free is touching.

Seana Summer
02-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Congratulations Rader!

The first time I ever left my house dressed was also to get the mail and go for a drive, that was probably 10 years ago. It gets easier and easier, though I don't go out very often, and I don't just go anywhere I still plan my trip and scout it out first. Like you I am not a typical female body type....................I guess I just think that one still needs to be cautious

Victoria Demeanor
02-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Several years ago we were having dinner at Cracker Barrel when an older man, my guess is in his late 60’s, came in by himself totally dress. It was a fashion fitting his age, but there was one thing that totally stood out. He/she wasn’t wearing a wig and had that type of bald head, you know with the little ring of the last bit of hair around it. At that time I didn’t know what it was, but she walked in and sat with such confidence and extremely nonchalant. I truly admired her courage. I noticed people did look up and maybe glanced a little longer then normal, but then went right back to their dinners and conversations. I think the key isn’t how you look, but how you handle yourself. I only hope to get there someday.
Congrats and keep it up.
Victoria ;)

Katey888
02-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Crikey!!! That is a HUGE step... Well done you - and hopefully you feel better for it... :cheer:

Take care now... it's a small but escalating step to ball gowns and tiaras and somewhere to promenade... :)

You just might need some duct tape for the tiara... ;)

Katey x

AlanaG
02-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Radar, congratulations on your first step. I too have worn a skirt out and about lots of times. I own a Utilikilt also that I wear. However I don't wear a wig or makeup (or bras and forms). I have a very short buzz cut on what hair I have left and a mustache. I'm not trying to pass as a woman, I'm just a freestyler who likes wear some articles of women's clothing.

If you like this type of dressing I suggest that you check out http://www.skirtcafe.org/

Just thought that I need to change my name on this board someday. As I'm not trying to present as a woman, so I shouldn't be using a woman's name.

RADER
02-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks to all for the Congratulations;
It is from the encouragement here that I got the gumption to venture out of the closet.
Yes, I can see more of the same in the future. I must admit, it was a little daring and
exciting.
I could get hooked real easy.
Rader

Kandi Robbins
02-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Good for you, these little victories feel just great!

Angie G
02-01-2015, 09:22 PM
You go girl.:hugs:
Angie

girlbh44
02-01-2015, 10:25 PM
AWESOME!!!! I have the same body type and I would never have the courage to go out.

Girl

Alice Torn
02-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Free at last? Must be nice. My 94 yr old control freak father, and brother and sister, will not let me be free. i was there stuck in the blizzard two nights ago, and in bed, yelled out "frrrreeeedoom", three times, and my sister yelled at me to shut up. They would not talk much with me the next day. I left a note saying that after March, when my mean brother returns form another of his vacations, I am not lifting my dad any more. I have a very bad left shoulder, and suffer deep depression from this crueel sicko family. Sorry i got off topic, but your "free at last" statement spurred me. I yearn to be free to have my own life, and maybe go out dresses like you did, once in a blue moon.