PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing seems normal compared to????

AccidentalDresser
02-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Just a quick funny one here girls to lift a few spirits as well as my own.

As some would know I am having to rent my spare room out to afford the rent & bills in the house I live in since my SO turned out to be an SOB.

Some of the people who calledto rent the room seemed normal enough but I am left scratching my head over 2 aplicants.

1) A girl in her late 20's seemed fine when I called her back and asked all the normal questions about the room for rent & how much & what was included.
On Offer is my spare lockable room which is a large second master bedroom with built in wardrobe with its own ensuite complete with Shower & Bath together, Toilet & linnen closet & a medium vanity. Pretty nice ensuite actually.
Power and water are included in the rent & share the rest of the house.
Kitchen, Lounge Laundry etc & another common bathroom & toilet. Medium size well kept yard space & outdoor under cover area. No pets. $220 a week.

Her further questions "Who cleans the house"
Me: I usually clean my own house.
Her "So you dont have someone to tidy the rooms & make beds etc"
Me: No your room is your responsibility
Her "WOW for that kind of money I thought there would be a maid or something but its OK for now. My boyfriend might stay over some times would that be a problem?
:doh:

At about this point I stop hearing her questions and imagine I am trapped in my maids outfit running around after a spoilt 28 year old and her stoned jobless boyfriend & so I just tell her I have another call & I will call her back at a later date but she should really think about what type of accomodation she is looking for.

2) Guy with an almost monotone voice sounds in his late 30's
Sounds normal enough but doesnt seem interested in my description of the room & ensuite.

Guy "What is the internet like where you live"
Me: I wouldnt be sharing the internet with you. I could let you use my WIFI for a few weeks but you could have your own connected.
Guy "Is it quick? Are you far from the nearest exchange cause some streets in your area are on the fringe & get bad latency"
Me: What?
Guy "You need really good speed & latency if you want to acheive quick FPS in WOW"
Me: What is WOW??
Guy "Dude Seriously? World Of Warcraft? You will love it, I will get you on to it straight away"
Me: OK Im not in to computer games but thanks for your call. I have a lot of aplicants to call tonight so I will be in touch.
NOT :eek:

I can see him... Almost smell him... a fat balding nearly 40 year old gamer geek with one pair of shorts & one badly undersized T-Shirt whos only journey out of the bedroom is to collect the Pizza at the front door & only shower is once a month when the internet goes down or he has to report to the dole office.

So thinking about weird things in your lives....
What is it that you know of that makes Crossdressers seem more than normal?? :GD:

P.S. There were other more normal sounding applicants but I havent called them all yet

Jaymees22
02-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Crossdressing seems normal compared to a lot of things. May be with a little luck you could find a crossdresser to rent your room. There have been many movies about roommates from Hell so be careful!! Hugs Jaymee

Zylia
02-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Hah, the gamer dude might have been me, except I'm not really into WOW. I wouldn't mind a housemate who is not going to use the kitchen and whose only friends all live in Azeroth. Feels good to be a tad on the judgemental side every now and then, doesn't it? :D

Anyway, I guess crossdressers look pretty normal compared to adult babies, although there a few painful similarities, at least in some cases.

Alice Torn
02-02-2015, 11:41 AM
You are right, in being very cautious about renting. Sadly, we live in a selfish age, and too many people only give a darn about themselves, and not about other's interests or property, and too many are quick to sue, and take, not give. Take your time. Maybe a nurse, or nursing school student would be good.

Nikkilovesdresses
02-02-2015, 12:25 PM
I think the gamer sounds ideal. Few needs, probably a loner so none of his friends to deal with, will stay in his space, just wants a quiet life. He also won't remotely care or even notice what you're wearing.

The girl sounds like a major hazard in every respect.

I suggested to you before that you advertise for a CDer, but it isn't the only type that would allow you to be you 24/7. WOW could be the answer!

Can't wait for your next batch of enquiries!

Seana Summer
02-02-2015, 12:37 PM
When I watch the news at night, or some of the junk on TV, I see a lot of very strange people doing things that seem far stranger than crossdressing!!!

The thing I hated about college life was roommates!! It was my big inspiration to work hard and study so I could afford my own house. The only roommate I ever want is my SO and close family

Kate Simmons
02-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Playing golf I would say. :battingeyelashes::)

Andy66
02-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Crossdressing seems normal compared to alot of things in Vegas.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was walking past a convenience store, looked in the window, and saw Elvis and a cowboy having a fist fight? :eek:

Or the guy who asked me for a cigarette... He was very grateful. Apparently most people wont give him a cigarette because hes a real werewolf. :eek:

The neighbor who makes a living by dressing in costumes and posing for pictures on Fremont Street... Imagine my surprise one night when I walked out my front door and Predator is walking towards me. He just about gave me a heart attack. :eek:

Susi
02-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Hahaha, I laughed reading your message. The world is really full of people very much stranger than us CD...

But the most fun was imagining me in your situation, dressed in a maid oufit, cleaning the house for a young couple ... :p

reb.femme
02-02-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm feeling your pain here. I can think of so many people that I have known and enjoy being around, both at work or out on a social, but there isn't one that I could imagine sharing a house with. Thank heaven I found my wife when I did.

There are plenty of strange people out there, working on the rather selfish assumption of course, that I am completely normal. :heehee:

Take your time selecting the one.

Rebecca

Stephanie47
02-02-2015, 05:25 PM
The last time I had an unrelated roommate was in the army-all forty of them. Me? I'd live in a smaller cheaper place and preserve my sanity. Although I live doing my own housework, cooking, laundry, vacuuming, baking, etc, I'd wouldn't mind having a female housemate who enjoyed the company of a fully en femme cross dresser. The maid's outfit does not appeal to me. I'd rather go for a black skirt, white blouse, hosiery and heels. Maybe some tips would be OK! :)

ShannonDragon
02-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Crossdressing seems normal compared to........ well I work in a prison, so don't get me started!

ophelia
02-02-2015, 09:49 PM
I once had occasion to seek lodgings in Kingston in an emergency. It was 2am before I settled into a bed in a residence at Queens University. When I used the loo in the morning I suddenly found myself using one of four urinals surrounded on both sides by Elvis, Elvis, and...Elvis.
If that was not enough, after breakfast I shared the elevator with a pair of female Elvis's (elvi?)
The crossdressing Elvis's have left the building!
Everyone has a song to sing it seems

CarlaWestin
02-02-2015, 10:23 PM
I like the part about being trapped in a maid's outfit. I forgot the rest.

Maria Blackwood
02-02-2015, 11:31 PM
As an older gamer, thanks for the stereotype. Would you like to trot out some crossdresser stereotypes next?

I have, in fact, played video games in a maid outfit.

ChristinaK
02-02-2015, 11:42 PM
Well, just to be devil's advocate, suppose you didn't crossdress and an applicant asked if it would be okay to run around the house in a maids outfit? Most people would prefer the other people you mentioned.

AccidentalDresser
02-03-2015, 04:37 AM
As an older gamer, thanks for the stereotype. Would you like to trot out some crossdresser stereotypes next?

I have, in fact, played video games in a maid outfit.

Sorry if you feel stereotyped by my post Maria. I have nothing against video games and used to enjoy my PS3. In particular Assasins Creed and Heavenly Sword but it wasn't the only thing I could talk about when I was talking to a potential landlord or flat mate.
Sorry if my words offended anyone. I'm just not used to sharing my private space with anyone but my SO hence I am freaking out a little cause I don't know these people

Marcelle
02-03-2015, 05:15 AM
Hi AD . . . it takes all kinds of folks to make the world go round. What is funny is that depending on what side of the fence you are on will flavor your definition of normal. Your "gamer guy" probably sees his life as normal and might thing "party people" are odd. We see our cross dressing as normal because to us it is. Good luck with the rest of your potential renters . . . I think you might want to examine the open mindedness of your potential renters since what you do might seem odd to them.

Hugs

Isha

donnalee
02-03-2015, 05:34 AM
When I first went to college in the early '60s (think '50s; '60s didn't really start until '65). I was assigned a single room in the dorm and found I liked it. (The only other one with one of these was an African student and being of a minority myself.... Well, it was then; I leave it to you to figure it out). Eventually they did move me into a double room, which I decided would do better as a single. If you aren't like other people, it sometimes doesn't take too long to lose a roommate (in this case about 6 weeks). The rest of the year it was a single. The next year I was allowed to live off campus and I did.
So you, see, almost anything can be accomplished with a little effort

AccidentalDresser
02-03-2015, 06:01 AM
See I never saw myself as a cross dresser originally. I only used to do it occasionally or every day in a very small way. Now I have had the chance to be on my own for a while it has really progressed and to see me at home you would honestly think I am a girl/woman.
When SO moved out I started to dress completely and bought more and more things and clothes to the point where now my Femme wardrobe equals my male wardrobe. The second I get home from work..... The second I have unlocked my front door I am already dropping male clothes like they were on fire. I step into the shower and emerge as a shapeless form in a towel until I get dressed again and am actually more passable than I thought.
I got on Chat Roulette and found not a single person I talked to picked me for a 34yo man in a corset, wig and makeup.

After this short time of freedom to be whoever I want at home I am loath to rent out my spare room in case it restricts my activities too much. But bills are bills and I don't really want to leave this house so my unnamed female side may be restricted to the bedroom for a while.

geek
02-03-2015, 07:53 AM
I can honestly say WoW is a very addictive and expensive game. Last time i was in the world it was $80 every 6 months just to play and that was about 5 years ago. if they can afford warcraft, they can probably afford to lease your room.

kimdl93
02-03-2015, 08:08 AM
I don't have any opinions of gamers other than I don't know where they find the time. As for the young lady, my guess is that she figured $880 per month was a bit steep and threw in the comment about the housekeeping as a joke.

But to your larger point, a friend of mine, who happens to be a counselor, has observed that "Everyone has something they don't want other people to know about them....Everyone" We're told that transgendered people make up something like 5-10 percent of the population. That's enough to put us under the "normal" portion of the bell shaped curve.

Katey888
02-03-2015, 08:15 AM
This is a funny thread, AD - and with a serious backstory, I think... just that more people might be accepting if so many didn't think all CDers were sex-obsessed perverts and serial killers (thanks Hollywood... :p)

Just have to keep trying, think of it as a business proposition only and hope that 'normal but tolerant girl/guy' comes along sometime soon. :)

Personally I think we're certainly less harmful than a lot of 'tribes' - but more normal...? Maybe not in most folks' lexicon...

Katey x

Maria Blackwood
02-03-2015, 04:44 PM
I really meant it as a bit snarky with the playing games as a maid. :)

As for finding the time, as kimdl93 wondered, gaming replaced the time I used to waste on TV. An hour or so after work to unwind.

AccidentalDresser
02-04-2015, 04:32 AM
Here is the latest in potential house mates.

Had a very polite Vietnamese man call up the other day and since he works in a factory a couple of suburbs away it would be perfect for him and I know he's working so he would be able to pay the rent.

I had him round today after work to look over the room and house.
He seemed to like it and was happy to put up the Bond and it all seemed like I had rented the room out rather quickly.
Then he asked how much extra would I take to empty out the garden shed and rent that just to him.
I asked why he needed so much storage room. He replied that having his wife's mother living in the same room as he and his wife was really interrupting their efforts to have a third child.

:eek:

So as a result the room is still for rent and I don't plan on living with a family of four and their mother any time soon.
I feel sorry for him, really I do but his kids are 5 & 2 and they all plan to live in the one room and put mum in the shed.

Jane G
02-04-2015, 06:08 AM
Very funny thread. During the winter we dress head to toe in Neoprene and take cold salt water baths, here in Cornwall, all in the name of fun and know one bats a eyelid at a 50+ guy, standing out side a church in his Speedo's. :heehee:

Lily Catherine
02-04-2015, 06:54 AM
Considering I've crossed paths with visibly disturbed cultists, dogs trained to bark at volunteers from the residents' committee (in a very visible polo shirt, honestly) among other things, cross-dressing is fairly mundane when done in the open.

Time and time again, however, I hear 'pervert' and, much to my anger, 'trap' being thrown about whenever us cross-dressers are being discussed. Especially 'trap' when used regardless of intention - compare 's*emale'. Grrrrr!

One of the inevitabilities of communal living is having to put up with the other residents' quirks. For NIMBY/DADT/non-accepting* folks, if we are to go full out with and on our whims, it'll cause them discomfort eventually. Which is pretty inconsiderate to some.

*I choose not to use the un- prefix due to the subtle negative connotation.

Katey888
02-04-2015, 08:19 AM
So as a result the room is still for rent and I don't plan on living with a family of four and their mother any time soon.
I feel sorry for him, really I do but his kids are 5 & 2 and they all plan to live in the one room and put mum in the shed.

AD - I think that's very sensible of you not to want to... and thank you for sharing that and making me cry tears into my coffee this morning... I know stereotypes are just that because it embodies reality but it's still funny when you come across a live one... :lol2:

Katey x

AccidentalDresser
02-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks Katey. Looking hot as BTW. I think mymale side is fighting back a bit or you are just looking especially lovely :love:

Worst part with that Vietnamese guy was I didnt know if I should be more shocked that he expected to be able to move his wife and kids all in to my single room. Or that he wanted to put mum inlaw in the shed.

I tend to be a daydreamer and I had visions of coming home to find he and his family gone still owing two weeks rent & the poor mother sitting out the back by the shed asking me when I think they will be back.
I have a very overactive mind but it keeps me amused.

There are some good leads though on the rental front but it would be boring to talk about them.
I have pretty much decided though that I wont be taking in any mid 20's females.Some of them seemed nice but I dont really want their boyfriends or partners hanging round all the time or worse still getting jelous or trashing my house if they have a fight and break up.
Also Ido think its a bit improper for a boy and girl to live in such close quarters like that unless like my X SOB & I they plan on being married. I suppose I still have a little of the old fashioned values left in me from Mum & Dad & the Grandparents.

This was this one gay guy who came to have a look but was pretty much texting the whole time I showed him the place and took 3 phone calls during the tour. He said he didnt really like the colour scheme and the bathroom was depressing so no thanks.
He was mainly just a rude and arrogant person & I think he was just looking for the sake of looking.

The only smart thing I did at the start of advertising the room was to buy a cheap pre-paid sim card and put it in an old mobile so once the process is finished I dont get continuous calls & sms from people about the room for months to follow.
I am still seriously considdering showing the place to one or two potential renters as my female self. While its an exciting thought I doubt I will work up the courage to do so. But I like to think that I could.

I hate showing the place to strangers almost as much as I hate moving house.
But perhaps this process will be good at preparing me to meet new people and make new friends.

AccidentalDresser
02-04-2015, 09:52 AM
This is a funny thread, AD - and with a serious backstory, I think... just that more people might be accepting if so many didn't think all CDers were sex-obsessed perverts and serial killers (thanks Hollywood... :p)

Katey x

Crossing a serial killer can be awful.
You end up in a hospital with a nasty knife wound and a large medical bill. :sad:

At least if your attacker is a sex-obsessed pervert as well you would have something interesting to reflect upon while you lay there and recover form your injuries.
:tongueout
Sorry it just sprung into my head. I hope others see the same twisted humour as I do in this.

AmandaM
02-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Wow, I think I'd rather eat Top Ramen and Mac n Cheese and get by without a roommate!

Jackie7
02-04-2015, 10:38 AM
This might be too radical for you but I liked your thought about just coming out yourself. Since you are being careful and picky (and rightly so), why not pick a roomie who is OK with girly you? And from that perspective, I wouldn't rule out the young women either, though I do agree about the distatpsteful boyfriends. but hey, you might find a makeup whiz.

donnalee
02-05-2015, 02:31 AM
One excellent technique is to place your ads in a LBGT newsletter, post the ad at a drop-in center, etc. Explain who you are (don't use a last name and male or female as you prefer). The burner phone is a great idea and should keep you safe, just in case; the down side is that they already know where you live. Targeted ads are a great way to filter your responses.

Vickie_CDTV
02-05-2015, 05:19 AM
There is nothing more disgusting than a guy who is fat, bald, 40 years old and plays computer games... Seriously? Isn't that awfully judgmental, coming from someone who is also seen as an oddball by society because of their unusual interests? I'd take him any day over the girl who wants to have her boyfriend over in your house (that has trouble written all over it.)

Besides, asking about the internet available and any latency issues is a perfectly legitimate question. Not only does it ruin games which run in real-time, but can cause problems with VoIP, video chat, YouTube and other things.

phylis anne
02-05-2015, 07:35 AM
great thread ,
I too like to visualize things and you hit it right on the head keep trying you will find someone who will be ideal
hugs phylis anne

AccidentalDresser
02-05-2015, 08:05 AM
OMG Now I have offended Vickie as well.....

My actual further thoughts on the gamer guy were not his looks or weight but I had also imagined that he did nothing but play online all day & night and hacked my internet & bank accounts. He also didn't have a job so I was worried how he would pay the rent.
His exact words were "Oh... Ummm... I am between jobs right now but I would be able to get the bond money from Centrelink in a couple of weeks once you signed my rent forms"
Centrelink is the Australian version of the Dole Office. Once they have paid someones Bond & once that person has lived in your flat or house for 3 months, it is very difficult to evict them. Even if they are years behind in rent you are not permitted to turn them out legaly because you cant legaly make someone homeless (Unless you are a Bank)
The Current Affairs programs are full of stories of people moving into a place on welfare payments & then the landlord having no rights to evict them. And their one main line when interviewed for the TV show is "I am between jobs right now" And usually have been for years.

I may have been a bit judgemental but this is my private space & my life that I am having someone else move in to & I really think anyone in the same situation would be just as fussy and picky as I am being.

Being kind hearted is one thing. Coming home to find your TV gone and your flatmate flown the coup is another.

CONSUELO
02-05-2015, 10:49 AM
In fairness the stereotype of the overweight gamer is used a lot. South Park used it in at least one episode, so they get lodged in our heads. I don't think Accidental was meaning to slam the entire video gaming community.
As I write this I'm sure that somewhere in the World someone is saying something nasty and stereotypical about cross dressers too.

CarlaWestin
02-06-2015, 09:27 PM
I like the part about being trapped in a maid's outfit. I forgot the rest.
Gosh this is a great thread!

:straightface:

Where was I?

Ally 2112
02-06-2015, 10:33 PM
I would like to add some advivce but thank god i do not need a room mate .Although i do like the thread about the french maid thing i have a weakness for petticoats and french maid outfits :).

AccidentalDresser
02-07-2015, 10:52 AM
lol Seems to be a lot of aspiring French Maids here.

I must admit it is one of my most favorite outfits. I dont wear it though to do houswork but perhaps I should as it only got worn out the one time to Mardi Gras and a few times round the house.
I really love the way the lace under the skirt bounces against my bum when I walk in it. It really does give that supremely girlie feeling.