PDA

View Full Version : Hiding your Femme stash

paola_gemi
02-02-2015, 11:46 AM
I guess we all relate to this topic.

I think most of us start dressing taking an item from some relative, mom, sister, etc. But when it comes to get our own stuff, it gets tricky as the stash keeps growing, in terms of storing it.
When I first wanted to do this seriously, I bought some make up, a pair of heels and some underwear; Stuff That I could fit in a shoe box. At that time I was living in an apartment which was quite spacious, but it had a very simple and defined layout, and my wife and I are usually very organized, so very little things are out of place.
It was a rental so I had no shed or attic to use. But the kitchen was the only place that had drop ceiling, it was a saver!!! So it was a great hiding spot for my female items, the problem was when the stuff keeps growing.
I never had much but at some point I did collect a decent amount that occupied the space of a medium suitcase.
About 8 pairs of shoes, underwear, jeans, skirts, wigs and make up.

It becomes a challenge and it takes some creativeness to pull it off, so every time I had to us it I had to be careful that when I put it back, it had to be properly arranged, nice and neat, sectioned in the box I had it, and ready to be taken out quickly in case I needed to get rid of it.
Only one day when my wife was away visiting family, I empty out my shirts closet which was as narrow as the three feet door.
When I hanged my femme clothes and put all my shoes at the bottom, wow it look great!, and I felt so great.
Perhaps it was a fantasy that only lasted the few days she was away.

When it comes to do things that you don't want other people to know, you can get really creative.
Now we live in a different apartment, but there are more places to store things, I only keep a very small stash of femme stuff, as per to my old stuff, I had to get rid of it at some point when we moved from that apartment.
When I went to dump it to a used clothes container, it felt so wrong to have to get rid of part of me, and I really miss my shoes, you never find the same pair again. :sad:

Hugs,

Paola.

celeste26
02-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Drop the hiding stuff altogether and let yourself be free. Most people don't care anyway.

Alice Torn
02-02-2015, 03:20 PM
I live alone, and have most of my big closet, full of dresses and skirts. My big fear, is if i get hurt badly, or very ill. I have cats too, and nobody to stay and care for my cats and things. If my sister or brother were to have to do it, they would be shocked, and very disgusted, and i would never hear the end of it, and the ridicule from my older brothers. It would be hell. I am considering a locked large footlocker, or locked very large dufflebag, but it is sure nice to see dresses on hangers in my closet, instead of all of them stuffed in a bag, or box all the time. I can't afford a storage locker.

Carolana
02-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Drop ceilings rock! But I know how one gets overloaded with stuff over time and I usually eventually pick through the things I don't use much or don't like as much, and donate them. cheers.

Caden Lane
02-02-2015, 04:55 PM
THIS POST!!!
Drop the hiding stuff altogether and let yourself be free. Most people don't care anyway.
I wish we had a "like post" option or a way to up-vote a post to show the writer some love for their thoughts, opinions, or effort.

charlenesomeone
02-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Who are you hiding it from? If it's your wife, maybe a talk is in order.
Hugs

Stephanie47
02-02-2015, 05:12 PM
It's not just an issue of hiding it from a wife. My wife and I are in a DADT marriage. She knows I dress when she is not home. She knows I purchase femme items, but, she probably does not have any idea of the extent of my wardrobe. I have over 110 dresses. I have over 400 slips (collector). I have more bras and panties than my wife. The same with heels. So where do I store them? I have 19 Zerox boxes stacked up in the converted garage which was suppose to be a rec room. The kids are gone so it has become a communal store room. Even if my wife said "Honey, why don't you hang your dresses in the closet", there's already no room! The house is just too small.

Annaliese
02-02-2015, 05:17 PM
I had mine hid in a army locker in the storage unit. Til coming back from a trip, and the first thing my wife notice was a little sign of make up. That was a long time ago, and it turn out good for me then, never know what the future will bring.
Yes I would love some of the stuff that I gave away back, it was hardly worn. It just doesn't feel wrong it is wrong to give a big part of your self away. Never again

AprilMayy<3
02-02-2015, 05:24 PM
I used to have it in a box in my closet, then once people started coming into my room more often for some really odd reason, then I moved it to a trash bag which is covered by "dirty" clothes in my hamper. I have collected quite a few items, so soon I might need to find another hiding spot.
I'm hiding it from my father, brother, and my sister(different sister), all of which do not know about my dressing and I have no intentions on sharing it with them. They've made their opinions of CD'ers, TG's, and gays VERY clear. Don't think they need to know about what I do when I'm alone.

Caden Lane
02-02-2015, 05:26 PM
@ Stephanie- Perhaps a good angle since it is a DADT would be to ask for a room you can use for your dressing. Offer to place a lock so she doesnt even have to stumble onto anything "by accident," and offer to remodel a room of her choice to her liking. It creates a win win for everyone, and it also incentivises a small measure of acceptance of sorts. It connects receipt of something positive from your dressing.

Ever & Always,
Caden Lane

Violet-13
02-02-2015, 05:31 PM
I live with my father who I really don't want to find out, so I hide my stuff in different places, my one pair of woman's jeans is hidden with my work cloths I his my tops and one dress in different drawers in mt dressermy one blouse blends in with my shirts and my heels are in my TV strand hiding behind my movies and books

Maria Blackwood
02-02-2015, 11:47 PM
My back bedroom is, well, it's outfitted for many things. I also keep my CD stuff in the closet there. The door is locked when I'm not home. Even if I got in an accident and someone needed to pick up some clothes for me or something, my private life is safe. Thirty years with a security clearance has taught me much about compartmentalization. :)

Michelle_G
02-03-2015, 12:04 AM
I built a small storage cabinet 2' wide x 2' deep x 5' tall on casters. It is divided into two lockable compartments. The larger one has my hunting clothes in it and the smaller lower one has two duffel bags full of Michelle's things. I may have to switch the two around soon. As far as anyone in the house knows , it is all hunting stuff. Before I built the cabinet , I had a plastic foot locker with a small padlock on it.

ChristinaK
02-03-2015, 12:57 AM
It's nice to hear about others stashes, makes me feel less like a pervert, as my wife calls me. I finally told her not to look in two drawers and a shelf in the closet. She mentioned the shelf the other day and I told her not to look if it upsets her. (Not visible unless trying hard). It's dismaying that we must hide our real selves, is it not?

minna_xxxx
02-03-2015, 02:20 AM
"so I hide my stuff in different places"

If you hide stuff in multiple places, you will increase odds that someone finds something. So statistically it is better to use only one place to store stuff.

bridget thronton
02-03-2015, 02:39 AM
It is nice I can keep my stuff in the closet and my dresser

Kimmie_PL
02-03-2015, 03:16 AM
hey all back after a looong time lol, (been lurking for a while)

im 27 now still living at home, i no longer hide anything, my 5"heels +3"heels and 3" Sandals and flats are under my bed neatly, my lingerie incl pantyhose are in my dresser along with my male stuff, my clothes (skirts, shirts, dresses) are hidden though. i have a brother who knows and has seen me dressed but he's over it, my dad's seen me dressed once heading to a family costume party, and my mom couldn't care less, when the other 2 are not home i dress around her lol. she also sometimes does my laundry which is great. I have come out to her twice @ 16y and @ 24y.

I never had any good places to hide, always got caught out, everything got thrown away, had the talks etc.

Kimmie.

Kate67
02-03-2015, 04:20 PM
I keep everything nicely folded in several suitcases. Ironing has become a hobby ;-)

Nadine Spirit
02-03-2015, 05:19 PM
I guess we all relate to this topic.

Nope, sorry, I can't relate. I have never had a need to hide my stuff. I am one of those weird wacky people who never realized that I need to hide this from my SO.

alwayshave
02-03-2015, 10:31 PM
When I was with my ex-wife I only had lingerie which I would wear when she was not around. Even though our size were not the same, I kept some slips and teddies in with her lingerie as she never wore any after we were married. In 15 years she never questioned what any of it was.

Lacey New
02-06-2015, 08:53 AM
I've purged so many times it is ridiculous. I've gotten rid of some nice stuff - particularly some nice bras, garter belts, garter stockings and some really nice flora print Vanity Fair panties all because I am and will always be in the closet. As a result, I have become very creative in hiding my stash ender loose floorboards in the attic and other such places. So far, so good. Unfortunately, I don't get to dress often either but I enjoy the times that I do.

Auntie
02-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Isn't it crazy that this silky, frilly, lacy, clingy stuff that we love to wear has soooooo much bulk to it? And then you just have to add breast forms, heels, padded panties, a wig or two and a makeup kit.

NicoleScott
02-06-2015, 10:38 AM
The "quit hiding" comments demonsrate a lack of understanding and respect to those who, in their own unique situation, choose not to reveal at this time. The OP topic is "how to" not "should I?"

terrianncd
02-06-2015, 10:52 AM
I can relate as well, although I too, am one of those gurls who does not need to hide anything. We recently moved from Ohio to New Mexico and "TerriAnn" needed an entire box truck load to move all the goods I have collected all these years. I'm just finishing the closet. I have a 30x60 shop building that I walled off a part that is 12x30. Made this into a finished room that has all the comforts of home. Installed a loft in one end(wifes suggestion) that is 8x12. This allows hanging space for dresses and such under the loft, about 24 ft of hanging space. Most of the 600+ pairs of shoes are in the loft area on racks that line the walls of the loft. The reason this closet is in the shop and all this stuff is not in the bedroom?, just not enough room in the house. I am really trying to do this as nice as I can and when it's complete, I will post photos. So how many pairs of black shoes does a gurl need???? All of them of course.....Lol Oh, our neighbors know all about me as well, in fact one was over yesterday and she needed to shop and borrow shoes and a dress for a wedding coming up. I bring this up only as a prompt to all those who are hiding who they are. Be honest with folks about who and what you are and they will be honest with about the fact that they love you for who you are. There is more fun in the sharing of your life with others, than hiding who you really are.

Ally 2112
02-06-2015, 11:11 PM
When i was married i had a shed with a attic i drilled 4 holes bought a hockey bag stored all my stuff in it.I put a peace of wood over top of the peak of the attic where i could slide 4 nails into so it looked it was supposed to be there .Even thou i told my x wife about my cding and at first she accepted it it turned ugly and i had to hide it

ashleymasters
02-07-2015, 12:23 AM
I can certainly relate. Fortunately at the moment I have 3 sheds in my backyard so I don't worry about my things being found but, I do hate that they're always wrinkled and left in the elements. My lipstick melts in the summer and concealer freezes in the winter. Plus i worry about bugs getting in my things. I really wish my wife would be more accepting of Ashley. Sometimes I want to send her a pic of a favorite outfit and share a moment but the one time she stumbled on a picture it started a huge fight and she acted disgusted. I also agree that purges can feel devastating looking back. I look at some old pics and miss a lot of the clothes I used to have. I think of the money lost there too. It stinks. I've resolved to never purge again. Even if we're moving I'll just label the box "you don't want to know!"

KristyPa
02-09-2015, 10:05 PM
I used to hide my stuff in plain sight, I just hung some things in my closet and the longer stuff in my suite cases. I then bought a big gun cabinet and lock everything up.

GinaFox
02-10-2015, 03:01 AM
It would be great not to have to hide everything. But for many, and at least for me, crossdressing was just never that simple.
I rented a small storage unit when I was dressing a lot. And ooooof, there were so many nice things to hide away. I decided it was good policy to keep everything out of the house so my girlfriend, who I'd never come out to, wouldn't find even a tiny overlooked detail left out in view. So I rented one of those storage units in an outdoor complex that I could drive right up to, park by, go inside and close the door enough to have privacy but still let light and air in. Luckily it was in a back row and the view when I did leave the door open was a chain link fence with a little hill and scrub bushes blocking any more view. If anyone drove around the corner, it was easy enough to hear them on the gravel and close the door. Never had a problem, and that was dressing regularly for several years. I'd come back after an evening out and change back into a boy before driving home. The only near-problem was one night I'd had too much to drink, so I stayed in the parked car by my little shed to sleep it off. A suspicious cop woke me up, but I told him the unit next to me was mine, and he figured I was okay to be there.
The obvious drawback, of course, was that there was no dressing in the privacy of my own home, no sleeping in silky, slinky things. I ended up breaking that rule a few times, but mostly stuck to the policy of nothing in the house. And for me, being out and about and seen is a big part of the fun -- not exactly exhibitionism, but something akin. So the storage unit strategy worked for me. Finding the right strategy for each person's circumstance may be the key.

vickim
02-10-2015, 04:37 AM
In the trunk of a project car in the garage. My only fear is that some day it will be taken away to be on one of those surprise restoration shows :)

Marcie
02-10-2015, 07:38 AM
I have cross dressed for at least 25 years. My wife is so straight she would break in two if she bent over. She found I had visited this cross dressing site a few years ago and went ballistic. She brings that incident up quite frequently. So, as you see, I must be very careful where my special clothes are stashed. Not having a wife that would accept my favourite pastime, I became inventive with three little spaces in the area between the upper floor joists in our basement. the opening in those spaces are hidden from view with insulation. The areas are large enough to lay things out in an orderly fashion. Every chance I get while she is away, I live as "Marcie". This is one of those times, as she is away, in the south for a month.

Lily Catherine
02-10-2015, 07:43 AM
In a small unmarked box underneath my bed, which raises up to reveal a storage space. As said box is next to a lot of souvenirs and collected items it probably deserves to be there, inconspicuous and unassuming. My wig is inexplicably lumped with my camera peripherals.

Due to my DADETAI (don't ask, don't even think about it) situation, it'll be this way till I commence my studies next year. Cross-dressing on campus outside of Drag Night is another story.

Taylor Ray
02-10-2015, 04:19 PM
I don't have to hide anymore, but I have lots of anecdotes from growing up. The funniest was wearing my entire stash of lingerie underneath my clothes when my mom and dad were doing a "deep clean" of the floors and baseboards. I literally had ten pair of panties on under my baggy shorts, and I had to walk really controlled. I was scared my brother was going to tackle me.

Ashley1212
02-10-2015, 09:09 PM
I always wanted to know how girls hide there stash.
I was interested in how people that are married get away with it. Its hasnt been a problem for a number of years. Since have have my own house. But growing up, it was tricky trying to hind my stuff. I would have to swith my stash locations. I would hide stuff in a suit case. That worked for awhile untill my dad went looking for it. I was more upset because it took along time ti build that big of a stash. He got rid of it. So i had to start over form the beginning.

Sometimes Steffi
02-10-2015, 10:56 PM
If you hide stuff in multiple places, you will increase odds that someone finds something. So statistically it is better to use only one place to store stuff.

If you hide all your stuff in one place and it gets discovered, you lose it all.

guynheels
02-11-2015, 12:59 PM
I remember back when I had to hide all of my things. Most of the time I just kept them in a suitcase in the back of my closet. None of my girlfriends lived with me at the time so it was pretty safe. When I did move in with my ex-wife I used the AC return in our apartment to hide my things. The return was 20x20 and about two feet deep. This worked out pretty well since there was no place in our apartment that I felt would be safe from her snooping. When we moved I packed everything up in the bottom of a box full of older clothes that I didn't wear. Mostly jeans and shirts that I had out grown but held on to because we all know what it is like to loose weight and have to wear baggy clothes. I figure I would probably use them again. I kept the box in the back of the storage closet along with a few others and would take things in and out as needed. Sorry to say I finally got caught. She was off for the week and decided to clean out the storage room and found everything. When I came home it was all tossed on the bed for me to explain! I will never forget having to throw all of those things away and promising never to do it again.

Six months later and she filed for divorce. Said that she just couldn't deal with the fact that I dressed in women's clothes. That was 20 years ago this year and honestly today I am glad that she found them! I am now married to a woman that has accepted me for who I am and has no issues about my dressing. All of my things are hanging in the closet, my shoes are on shelves ready to wear, and my lingerie is folded nicely in the dresser. I can wear my stuff around the house whenever I want, we shop together, everything. You just can't imagine the weight that falls off of you when you finally get accepted. It makes me sad to know that so many of us have to go through life hiding who we really are.

juliew
02-11-2015, 06:27 PM
I "hide" my stuff in the top two drawers of our dresser in the bedroom. Some of it is under her stuff, some over her stuff. It works very well because we wear the same size in most everything. She does most of the shopping nowadays because I am beginning to have mobility problems. I think sometimes she purchases items for me because the wants to "borrow" them. We celebrated our wedding anniversary by spending Christmas week in New Orleans and bought a couple of special matching bras for the trip. Mine was lilac and prettier than hers.:) Guess that is the reason that she beats me to it when we go out to dinner. :) Life is good!

Beverley Sims
02-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Now days I hide all my male clothes in the back of the wardrobe.
Many years ago it was quite different. :)

immike
02-12-2015, 09:30 PM
My Mother would have killed me if she found out I wore her clothes for several years? I would try on all her dresses,skirts,tops,all of her silk blouses&her blazers
and her shoes,including her many different color pairs of heels,while she was at work

Leighcdmd
02-12-2015, 10:13 PM
We have two large walk in our master suite. Each has built in chest of drawers and extensive shelving and hanging racks. In order to not create any issues I the minds of our weekly cleaning service people my wife kindly suggested that I store my extensive femme wardrobe in her closet. That was one of the happiest days of my life. I felt that, after many years of stress over my dressing, she finally was becoming truly accepting.

Rebecca Cross Bracer
02-13-2015, 02:10 AM
In the basement, boxed up above the air vents. You'd have to be looking AND know where to look to find it.

Thrymr's Bane
02-13-2015, 03:26 AM
I have all of my clothing, shoes and gear in a wardrobe. Nothing is really hidden but I tend to keep my personal space very private in general. I've told my mom on more than one occasion that if she went through my stuff she'd find some weird stuff, and while my parents and family are the kind of people to be supportive most of them would just rather let me keep such things to myself. I've had to be somewhat creative in the past though, since I move around a lot and don't always have the luxury of having any of my things at hand. I really need to pick up a rubber storage container and cut some holes in the lids to slide padlocks into.

ange_o
02-13-2015, 06:28 AM
Previously when sharing a house with friends I used to always keep things in a locked suitcase under my bed and just hoped none of them ever asked to borrow it. Now I own my own house with my partner. Fortunately it has a 2 car shed which is predominantly my domain. What started as 1 plastic storage box hidden on a couple of planks in the rafters has expanded to three boxes. No more room there so theres a bit more in a box of "car parts" in a cupboard. And some more hidden under the rags in another box. I've really got to stop buying things especially as I have so few chances to actually dress in them. But at least I'm prepared for when I do!

Diane1950
02-13-2015, 05:41 PM
One of the best effects of coming out to my wife is that I don't have to hide it anymore. I have a dresserful, which she can look into any time she wants.

Brianna in Hose
02-13-2015, 09:14 PM
My stash is kept in the garage in a 55 gallon tote. My wife knows where it is but leaves it alone. I would welcome the day that I could keep it in the house but I don't see that day happening in this life time.

EllenJo
02-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Well for twenty years I kept my panties and pantyhose in my dresser with my wife's blessing. However everything else was DADT so I kept a small stash of things in a small tote in the trunk of my company care so I could dress when I traveled. It was easily concealed in the garage if I needed to leave it at home for any reason. Due to it's size I kept rotating things in and out of my stash. Once after my daughter and her family stayed with us for a month while waiting on their new home to be finished, the wife found my stash but thought my daughter had left it behind and fortunately asked me to let her know. Looking back I am pretty sure she knew it was mine. Two years ago my wife informed me that if dressing made me happy to go ahead and dress at home. Now my things are in my closet with my drab clothes. My dresser has my lingerie and such. Since I do all of the laundry my wife does not deal with my things. She does have a good eye for an outfit and gives me some style advice.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

PattiL
02-16-2015, 08:25 PM
For the longest time, I kept everything in totes up in the attic. One could only get there using a ladder in the garage.

After an extremely close call, I moved everything to a storage locker. Life has been a lot less stressful since then. It's not ideal from an access perspective when my wife goes out but we wear the same size which helps.

darla_g
02-16-2015, 08:51 PM
i am through with this problem. My wife doesn't care and i tend to sell lots of random stuff on ebay so my kids really have no idea as well. Sometimes i think we all stress on this waaay too much.

Connie.Marie
02-21-2015, 03:12 PM
Paola,
For 25 years I was a traveling salesman working out of my car. I had the whole trunk filled with stuff, including my clothes.

Hope that helps. Hugs, Connie Marie

abby054
02-21-2015, 06:47 PM

All it takes is a wife who objects vigorously and all that "most people don't care anyway" stuff goes out the window!

I rent a heated storage unit to store my stuff and to do my dressing. My wife does not know about the storage unit. She thinks I purged. In the storage unit, everything is hung up neatly and easily accessible. The makeup, jewelry, lingerie, etc, is organized. There is enough space to stand or sit. It works well.

RADER
02-21-2015, 07:17 PM
When I was about 12, My Mother caught me again with soma of her girdles hidden under
the mattress in my bed room.
So I got to thinking, since I was a Carpenter want-a-be, I made a false bottom to the
built in dresser drawer in my closet. It was sweet, I could hide about five or six items
in there.
I wonder if anyone found out about my stash place, come to think, I wonder if I ever
emptied it out when I left.
Rader

MissTee
02-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Wife knows and supports, so no need to hide from her. However, we have a daughter (a very nosey one) and her family of 5 now living with us. Fortunately, I can keep most of my wardrobe in a second home several states away. We stay there often, and my wife calls it our "Girl Mecca."

At the main house, though, I've had to put a cipher lock on the MBR closet and to move some of the other stuff to a climate controlled storage facility. It has definitely thrown off my dressing rhythm at home, but family comes first.

Shelby
02-21-2015, 07:33 PM
When I lived at home, I used to store my stuff in plastic tote labeled Tax Info and kept it in my closet. Who's going to look in something that contains boring tax info. When I got my own place and ever had to worry about a girlfriend, I stored everything in my dresser and closet with all of my other clothes. Now I have a place with a huge walk in closet but I have a girlfriend (she knows) but I have kept everything in two large storage totes. I seem to have collected a lot.

candykowal
02-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Some of us just can't be out and open for various reasons...so what's a girl to do????
Pop the drop ceiling in my office.....

...and all you will see is forced air ducts....a few of them look like there supply duct to vents.
..... but they actually have cut outs on top that I fabricated and I made the brackets so that I can slip the whole assembly out of the ceiling!
It's really very simple and pretty lightweight.
You can customize the ducts to swing down out of the joists, like the picture below too...it's creative storage.

Hardware stores sell the duct and end caps...and you have enough room as a full size chester drawer!
8X16X48 long are the perfect size for this application...but depending on the size between your joists, you can get a size to fit in your ceilings!
Cut out holes on top, fit end caps to each end, use duct putty to close up and openings in the corners and it's ready to fit in your joist!

I place these ducts in the joists above the actual working supply or return ducts which are usually running below the joists, this way, it looks as if they are fingers off the main duct trunk.
I have 3 of these between the floor joists and I even made a few to hold valuables and my gun collection.
I think it's better than a safe!
If someone pops a ceiling tile, all they will see is HVAC duct work...and all the normal things a ceiling usually has.
Hope this helps "ALL the girls, like me" who can't explain to all the other members why we can't hang our stuff in our closet.
It's okay to hide your things, to be in the closet, and to only get out once in a while....do what you have to do and enjoy what you can, when you can!
Good luck on fabracating your new secret hiding place!!!! ...now you know!

BLUE ORCHID
02-21-2015, 08:11 PM
Hi Paola, All of my things are hidden in plane sight in three closets and four bottom dresser drawers.:daydreaming:

shoegirl
02-22-2015, 09:41 AM
In most dressers there is an empty space between the last drawer and the floor so its not right against the ground. If you pull out the last drawer you have a big empty space to put yours stuff in and how often is a whole dresser going to be moved around?

Usually not enough room for shoes but you can fit a lot of clothes/lingerie and it encourages you to keep your things clean and folded.

CarlaWestin
02-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Hi Candy!

Just a note of caution, when the time comes that you don't have to hide your stash, the collection grows exponentially. Like a real woman with closet space that has to be filled. That's where I'm at.

Angela Marie
02-22-2015, 01:12 PM
When I was married to my ex I only had a few things so I just kept them in my drawer which she did not go in anyway. But it was a real pain and I could never completely dress. My wife now knows about Angela and is really supportive.

Jenny_P
02-22-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to hide anything from my wife. 'Accepting' doesn't quite describe her - for Valentines Day this year I bought her 3 bottles of perfume and a watch; she bought be 3 nighties, a leather basque/corset and a pair of 5" Pleaser thigh boots.

That said, we are tight for space - half my stuff is in my wardrobe, but the other half lives in a huge holdall under the bed.

VAWyman
02-22-2015, 05:39 PM
I have a reading chair in my home office, with a flat top chest as a coffee table. I keep all my lingerie hose and sweaters in the chest, and my dresses, skirts and blouses in a closet. My wife knows, does NOT accept, but she leaves it alone. I left a sweater out the other day, she called me at work to say she found it, did not appreciate it, and had shut the office door.

Mandybr
02-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Great ideas!!
This might become a good project ;)

cindyinsatin
02-23-2015, 11:12 PM
I too am in a DADT situation with my wife. She knows of my cross dressing, but has no idea to what extent. On the one hand it kinda sucks that I don't have her to share this with, on the other hand I kind of enjoy that this is my own little world.

We have a guest room that I have kind of claimed as my own. My wardrobe now occupies a small closet and an antique wardrobe cabinet. I find it so pleasing to look in and see everything organized and accessible.

I do have to stash it all away when we have company that needs to use that room. Quiet an inconvenience, but I am lucky enough to have my own space most of the time.

Cindy

Meg East
02-24-2015, 01:17 AM
When I was a teenager living at home I keep my stuff under the stairs behind some long term storage items. Now, since the kids are gone, my stuff hangs in our master closet alongside my drab clothes. My shoes are stuffed under our bed.

RobynT
02-24-2015, 03:27 AM
Wow, some great hiding spots in this thread that i never thought about, having been on my own for a while, i am fortunate that i'm able to leave things in hanging up in a closet in a second bedroom. only have to move it if i have guests over for the night.

Suzie Petersen
02-24-2015, 10:10 AM
A long time ago, when I was a teenager, I kept a few clothing items in a hollow tree in the woods.
Worked well .. until the squirrels found it! What a mess!

Over the years I have had so many hiding places that I could write a book about it.

abby054
02-28-2015, 05:11 AM
Hi Candy!

Just a note of caution, when the time comes that you don't have to hide your stash, the collection grows exponentially. Like a real wonan with closet space that has to be filled. That's where I'm at.

That is the truth! It grows like weeds!

YvonneDreams
02-28-2015, 11:08 PM
I live alone, but am actively dating, so I keep my stuff in some boxes under the bed. I don't think women want to look under a mans bed anyways. And even if a prospective SO finds it then I find out really quick if they are accepting or not. I don't like however that my dresses are folded away so i'm looking into some of those suit bags that hang in the closet.

paola_gemi
03-01-2015, 04:38 PM
On my original post I explained where I hid my Femme stuff a long time ago, I am still with my wife, but we live in a different apartment.
All the old stuff had to go away when we moved back then, but now I only keep a small stash.
I have two pairs of shoes and my make up in a trunk where I keep my film stuff, she never goes there, and up in a closet where all the clothes are mine, I hide a small bag with some clothes.

My only worry is when I travel, because some times I am away for 2 or 3 weeks, What if she is looking for something she needs?
Anyway, I am not that worried anymore, If she finds anything I am ready to answer any questions.
I just started therapy to treat my Gender Dysphoria, and I think I am getting closer to open up and come clean, perhaps after that no more hiding spots.

Hugs,

Paola.

CherylFlint
03-01-2015, 07:16 PM
So its come down to PURGING or TELLING THE TRUTH.
You only got one life so it’s up to you how to live it.
Do you be up-front about it or hide behind closed doors?
Maybe a move to another town is in order. It’s a big world out there and there’s plenty of room for you wearing a dress.
Welcome to the Real World,
Cheryl

Jenniferbabe
03-02-2015, 11:40 AM
I am married with two children so I do have to hide my "stash". I have an assortment of female jeans which I blend in along my other blue jeans. They don't have the typical decorations so it's easy to mix them up with my other jeans. My collection of bras, panties, leggings and breast forms are kept in a small suitcase camouflaged by a few jackets and old sweatshirts.
No heels or dresses as I am straight and only fantasize about having female anatomy's.

Suzie Petersen
03-02-2015, 12:05 PM
No heels or dresses as I am straight and only fantasize about having female anatomy's.

Jennifer, I am really curious about what you said there as I have never heard anyone say that. Do you associate CD's who are wearing high heels and dresses with them not being straight? Or am I reading it the wrong way??

Hugs
Curious Suzie

CDRMolly
03-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Hello, My "stash" is in two dressers in our bedroom, SO knows,but doesn't fully understand-not sure I do either.
When the Woman Within package comes with new bras and shapewear the SO says "why do you need another bra?"
My answer is why do you have so many shoes?

Jenniferbabe
03-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Jennifer, I am really curious about what you said there as I have never heard anyone say that. Do you associate CD's who are wearing high heels and dresses with them not being straight? Or am I reading it the wrong way??

Hugs
Curious Suzie

Hi Suzie, No, I am not implying that CD's who wear heels and dresses are not straight. I just personally do not favor that look and find satisfaction by being a little more discreet especially in public.

CONSUELO
03-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Can't relate to this thread as I have always had my feminine clothing sitting openly in drawers and hanging in closets. I don't think I could deal with having to keep my feminine clothing, lingerie and my cross dressing hidden. The strain would be too much.

Good luck to all of you who do have to hide things though.

Suzie Petersen
03-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Hi Jennifer,

I see. The comment just caught my attention because for me, the crown jewel in the presentation are the heels. It is the ultimate feminine item in the whole thing. Dresses and skirts would be the next thing on the list of ultimate feminine presentation items for me, but I do like jeans too .. with heels :)

Jenniferbabe
03-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Can't relate to this thread as I have always had my feminine clothing sitting openly in drawers and hanging in closets. I don't think I could deal with having to keep my feminine clothing, lingerie and my cross dressing hidden. The strain would be too much.

Good luck to all of you who do have to hide things though.

Hi, If I was single with no children then I no doubt would have my feminine clothing sitting openly in drawers and hanging in closets like yourself. Unfortunately, being happily married with two children hiding my stash is a burden that I am willing to accept.

paola_gemi
03-02-2015, 01:19 PM
I agree with you Suzie, for me the last thing to put on when dressing up is the heels, it is like the validation of the entire thing, (that's for me). Wearing flat sandals of any other feminine shoe it's ok as long as it is very, very feminine, but nothing like high heels.

For those who have no need to have a hiding spot, good for you, not all of us are so lucky, but I guess that at times it is part of the thrill of being cross dresser or transgender in the closet. It does give me a rush when I take everything out to dress up.

Hugs,

Paola.

Jenniferbabe
03-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Hello Suzie, Don't get me wrong as I adore heels...just not on me. My current level of femininity (bra, breast forms, panties and padded girdle) is sufficient for me.