PDA

View Full Version : Lost a sales associate - gained a friend

junetv
02-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Today, I went shopping en-drab. Mary K. always helps me out a greets me with a friendly smile. She's always eager to get me into the dressing room and she helps me with dresses that have zippers. To help me visualize my looks with heels (when I'm en-drab) she gets a pair of heels for me to wear too.

She told me this was her last week. After my usual trying on dresses and a few purchases. We hugged and she gave me a card with her contact information. I e-mailed her, said a few nice things and she replied "can we be friends?"

That really made my day. I've shopped there many times and the whole staff knows me pretty well. After all theses years, with many sales associates coming and going, she's the first to want to continue a friendship outside of the store. Her husband knows about me too. Well, I still in DADT, so I really can't meet her, but it's nice to know I'm accepted by a GG without having to spend money.

kimdl93
02-02-2015, 08:46 PM
that's wonderful, June. A friend is worth many many accommodating SAs.

stacy956
02-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Aw wee what a wonderful person she sounds like

justmetoo
02-02-2015, 09:36 PM
Aw, very nice!

ophelia
02-02-2015, 09:55 PM
You should find a way to meet with her. How nice would it be to have platonic outings with another understanding person.
You could relax and really enjoy.

Ms.Kenadie
02-03-2015, 04:34 AM
Awesome!
You should keep in touch for sure. People who are caring and understanding like this woman has been with you are becoming fewer and fewer.

charlenesomeone
02-03-2015, 05:07 AM
That is so nice, at least you can be friends with emails.

Marcelle
02-03-2015, 05:17 AM
Hi June,

What a great story. Shame about the loss of a great SA but now you have a great GG friend. Perhaps someday you can find a way to meet for coffee and just enjoy being.

Hugs

Isha

Sissy_Michelle
02-03-2015, 11:20 AM
June,
That is wonderful, perhaps she may work elsewhere and will still be able to help you out. Or help you when you go shopping when you do go out to shop. Either way it seemed as if you gains a friend and that is worth it's weight in gold.

I was at JC Penny looking at some nice clothes that I thought I could wear. When a salesperson comes up and asks if she can help me. When I tell her the sizes I am looking for and perhaps different color patterns she real defensive and states " This sounds like your shopping for yourself". When I tell her that whether I am shopping for myself or my wife is none of her concern, additionally what gives her the right to question what size clothes my wife wears? That is when she looses it and starts yelling at me. Once the manager arrives she tells her her little tirade then once she stops I calmly ask her if it was JC Penny's policy to ask their customers for whom they are shopping for? Moreover why am I getting yelled at for shopping in JC Penny's ? Why couldn't I shop for myself, and what buisness is it of your sales staff to question me? The manager calmly looks at the sales lady and asks her to go home. We had drawn quite a lot of attention because the sales lady wasn't being polite and was yelling still. The manager picked out a couple of items, allowed me into the dressing room (granted this was an hour before closing) tried a couple of things on and made my purchase. I still haven't been back.

Jodi
02-03-2015, 12:19 PM
There are 3 former SA's that I am still in contact with. All three are significantly younger than I am, but they enjoy the friendship. I get together with each one about once a month for lunch.

Jodi

pamela7
02-03-2015, 02:01 PM
the more i see of this forum, the more i get what a great bunch of guys/gals/men this is ... amazingly supportive and positive, if only the rest of the world were like this?!!!

Maybe CD is the soulution the world needs?

natalie_cheryl
02-03-2015, 04:28 PM
What can it hurt to make a new friend? Just let her know that if she meets your wife not to mention your dressing

Michelle (Oz)
02-03-2015, 06:45 PM
So how does a CD make girlfriends? One way is to develop friendships with sales assistants that seem interesting and accepting. One of my 'besties' is a sales manager of a local store. A beautiful fun person.

Cultivate the friendship June. If your wife is not involved in your femme life, good friends fill a void and help us understand and relate to the femme world.