PDA

View Full Version : My first cross dressing expierence.

Jessica84
02-04-2015, 04:35 AM
So I spent a few days in Vegas and I bought all the essentials to cross dress, my experience didn't go too well. I have a whole new appreciation for the female body!!! First off I'm about 5'10, 190 lbs, as I male I'm on the medium scale, trying to find a corset and female attire was nearly impossible, I felt like a huge overweight female. Almost nothing fit, my mission now is to lose a good 40-50 pounds. As for experimenting with makeup, I was a bit my successful. I was able to hide my dominant eye brows with a glue stick but putting on lashes and mascara was a pain. I felt a bit like a clown but I was satisfied with the look I was able to achieve. On the positive I felt very sexy in a basic wig and lingerie, lipstick. I did not feel in any way ready to come out on my trip, I will be back next time with weight lost and makeup perfected. All in all again I have to give it up to all the x dressers, trans, females and drags for all the hard work that goes into looking like a female. This experience did not detour me, it's only given me more inspiration to get better. "you go girl" has a whole new meaning now.

Danitgirl1
02-04-2015, 04:58 AM
Thanks for sharing.
I do not think anybody was happy with their first time, for a whole variety of reasons.
I think the unrealistic aspirations we have towards what is 'beautiful' plays a big part and in this sense many of us share more than we realise with many GGs.
We put on the clothes and expect to see a beautiful woman (as per the fashion magazines convention of beauty) in the mirror. Instead we see a lumpy, overweight, messy, sad person in the mirror... :eek:
This happens to us and GGs. The key is to accept the beauty that is YOU. To love yourself and appreciate who you are. This inner beauty will manifest in your features as well.
Of course getting some make up skills also helps immeasurably! :daydreaming:

And yes the vagaries of women's sizing can be quite frustrating.
This applies to GGs as much as it does to CDers: try finding ANYTHING sexy in a larger bust size. It is problematic.

In short practice by all means, but accept yourself and have fun!!!
Be comfortable with who and what you are. There is no Gold Medal at the Olympics for crossdressing. This is not a competition, it is just who we are. Be the authentic you. And be happy!

<climbs off soap box> :o

alwayshave
02-04-2015, 07:37 AM
Jessica, I know what you mean about the weight. Crossdressing is why I am on a diet. Otherwise, I would not care.

Teresa
02-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Jessica,
It is a bit of a learning curve, but remember how many times you hear GGS say, " Oh that will have to do ! " Makeup is a little at a time and just enough to cover up !
I'm 5' 7" and determined to keep my weight at 152 lbs, being a UK size 12 is great because most things fit off the peg !
Work on your eyebrows a little at a time so people get use to it, it always surprises me how quickly people forget what things use to look like !!

Jenniferathome
02-04-2015, 10:46 AM
...I'm about 5'10, 190 lbs, ... my mission now is to lose a good 40-50 pounds. ...

For some perspective, the average Tour de France rider falls into the 5'10" and 140 area. They have about 3% body fat. If you lost 30 pounds, you'd be really thin. Concentrate on your body fat percentage. if you get near 10%, you are really, really fit.

justmetoo
02-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Well, it was at least a learning experience, and you have some ideas to make things better. I agree with Danitgirl about expectations and all that, for GGs and us. Learning to accept oneself and also to make the most of what you have are good things.

I'm about 5'11" and 160 lbs. (I gained a few lbs back recently, was closer to 155) I have no idea what my body fat percentage is, but I know I have some! :)
I think some of it depends on your body structure, doesn't it? Like, I know some guys who are more sturdily built, although several inches shorter than me, but if they weighed what I do they'd probably be too thin.

tammie
02-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Con grats on exploring the world of feminism , it seems men who want to be feminine are in a group un appreciated by women and most gay men . As a femme submissive bi man in lingerie stockings heels and makeup I know , most gay men are not interested in sissy men ,in dress and heels . And not many women want to dominate them (sissy men), but here I am anyways . Mostly I am just so happy in lingerie and a dress or skirt , (got a cute black wool Coco Chanel skirt on ebay big enough for me only $25 I love it .

But mostly think of this ; many of us started with mothers or sisters garments , some with an aunts or mothers of friends ,or friends of mother's or neighbor ladies , but we wore their garments and many of those wonderful feminine garments were reeking of their female pheromones and sometimes even the musk of their sexy bottoms in those garments (I remember girdles and panties left on the floor after being worn all day,they smelled wonderful ), sometimes brassieres and slips too .

I didn't realize at the time how well scented those garments were ,the woman that told me to put on a brassiere (she said my tits were bigger than hers) showed me her lace bra and let me smell her perfume and made me go crazy for her tits (14yo boy looking at her very firm 25yo breasts) and forever associating the smell of a perfumed young woman in a lace brassiere with when I put on a bra and got my first real erection .

Also oftentimes expensive delicate lingerie worn only for perhaps a few hrs , was taken off and put away , a perfect lure just waiting for young budding crossdress sissies to smell and be made mad with desire and stimulating to their crossdressing fantasies . A stimulus that has for me has lasted a lifetime , just buying my own lingerie is pleasurable for me , let alone wearing it everyday . I wish I could share it with someone , especially a young woman , but oh well its so cute to have matching bras and panties.

Jessicajane
02-05-2015, 01:57 AM
Hi, from one Jessica to another...!!

Weight is a bugger and I have been working really hard..so far shed 53 pounds..trust me it makes a big difference..!!...go for it !!

Marcelle
02-05-2015, 03:49 AM
Hi Jessica,

Great step forward and congrats. Mastering make-up and presentation takes time and practice . . . keep at it.

Hugs

Isha

Nikkilovesdresses
02-05-2015, 04:12 AM
Hi Jessica, have you considered going for a makeover? There are studios in various places offering it, if you're prepared to drive. It would give you a good idea of make up basics and what is possible at your current weight. The net is full of sites offering clothes in larger sizes, so that really shouldn't be a hindrance.

I'm 5'10 185lbs, down from about 210 (I think) since last summer. It's principally about what you eat and drink, but a reasonable amount of exercise certainly helps tone you up. I find the desire to get into a smaller dress size is amazing incentive- I cut out all bread, cookies, crisps (chips), pastries, etc; all sweets/candy except the odd bit of good quality dark chocolate; all fizzy/sweet drinks (I only drink Evian); cut way back on dairy and on portion sizes; plus I juice veg/fruit every other day, and I rarely drink alcohol now, and when I do I stop at about 1 glass.

What really amazes me is how easy it is once you have the motivation. I think losing 40-50lbs is probably over-ambitious for your height, even losing 20 would make a huge difference.

Let us know how it goes, and don't beat yourself up about it.

xxNikki

phylis anne
02-05-2015, 06:51 PM
My first time out recently dressed all the way for my style ,(tomboy/girl blend) I took more than a few things back to the store .At one of the places the clerk just looked at me and said follow me and explained a few of the differences gender and fit wise. She also gave me a big boost when she told act like you know what you are looking for and go try it on in the appropriate fitting room , she mentioned she had seen me earlier and knew just by my actions etc that the items were for me . Som keep on trying I am finding out now in real time what so many of the more experienced here have voiced ,THE MORE YOU DO IT THE EASIER IT GETS
hugs phylis anne

sara.rafaela
02-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Congratulations for giving it your first try. I am sure you did better than you thought. I am sure you will feel better about your progress later. I am actually 5´10 200 lbs, but also an alpinist and marathon runner. I can fit into a size 14. I think the main thing is getting fit. I have some gel bras to create cleavage, a corset, and hip pads (made from a video on youtube). I can create a nice curvy figure. For the makeup you can pick up a lot of good routines on you tube. You need to practice. You will get there. You can also go to any MAC store. Tell them you are buying for your self, maybe show them a picture, they will help you match colors and give you a lot of hints.

Nancy Sue
02-06-2015, 01:54 AM
Congratulations on going out, and I see you are new here. You are already learning there are so many girls here who will go out of their way to help you. I have some comments on weight and make-up I hope you find helpful. (I apologize in advance for the length, but ...)

Weight is not about a number, it is about what is right for your body size and shape. I am 5'8", have just lost 25#, and am down to 185, so I understand. I am working to lose about 20 more, and 165 will be both healthy and attractive for my bone and body structure. My basic goal is for my belly to be smaller than my breasts. You will see GGs who are heavier and thinner, and the ones that look good, that look feminine, are the ones whose weight and mass fits their body shape and style. But we all want the jelly fat to go away when we start to dress (or at least I think most of us do), and dressing is as a good a motivation as anything, I think. It seems to be working for me.

Sara recommended going to a MAC store, and I did that last week in LA. I highly recommend it, too. Some friends cautioned to be careful, because when they do a make-over they expect you to pay for it by buying products. When I called Macy's to schedule one they said they expected me to buy at least $50 worth. I spent more than that, but did not get everything I needed, because I told the artist I would be back in three days for another one ... I had a second make-over two days later, when I was going out again, and bought more of the things that I needed. Both make-overs were excellent, though both different. I wrote a post about it. But after two sessions with a professional I know more about make-up than I had learned on my own in my whole life! And I bet I know more, and can do more good artistry myself, than half the girls who read these posts. Partly because she taught me, and partly because I bought the "right" products for me. (Each of these lasted about 90 minutes. I got my money's worth for sure.)

And in fact, after going out that night after the first session I realized that the artist did not do what I really wanted and asked for. I wanted easy to apply, light, "day make-up", that did not require a pancake job, but just highlighting my own skin and skin tones, so it could be applied easily and quickly - maybe in the make-up mirror in the car visor. I loved what she did with my eyes, lashes and brows, but the make-up was too thick, and not my own skin tone. That would require to do my whole face every time. That takes a long time to apply, a long time to remove, and gets on your clothes. Its not something I could do quickly and easily. And when I go to the mall and look at GGs, if they have make-up at all it is usually light. A touch of powder, rouge highlighting the cheeks, something on the eyes and brows - perhaps. So I explained it again to the second girl, showed her photos from the first attempt (it was good, and I was gorgeous, if I do say so myself), told her what I liked and didn't like and wanted - and she did a wonderful, wonderful job. She taught me more. And she exchanged about half of what I purchased the first time for what I should have based on her new understanding, and of course I bought more things I needed. It wasn't cheap, and I spent much more than the $50 minimum each time, but everything I have is right for me and my skin, and none of it will be thrown away, given away or wasted. And next time I go there I plan to have another make-over, and learn even more. I even learned to curl my eyelashes! I also learned about eyebrows, how women's are shaped, and how they get then that way (they pull out the ones they don't want), and how to do it slowly (as someone else said).

I have a body that can wear women's clothes, but never felt I looked like a woman because I could not do make-up. Now I can do it, and I can do it well (well, pretty well) with just those two visits. I will get better with practice - and once you get some training (and I recommend a MAC store, same as Sara) you will, too. (I tried watching YouTube videos, and if you can learn from that they go for it, but I couldn't.)

Paula_56
02-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Sounds like my first time, and like the first time of many others, it is a process and it takes work to be a woman, it takes more work if you are a cross dresser enjoy the process here's an article I wrote about my weight loss

The woman was stunning, enjoying a classic feminine beauty that seemed effortless. She moved with an elegant charm in an ivory colored suit, her heels tapped musically as she exited the elevator leaving behind a delicate floral scent. Most men would desire her I desired to be like her.
A few weeks later I was in Lord and Taylor I saw it, the most beautiful ivory suit on a mannequin. Paired with a pair of black pumps and purse it called out to me. I had to have it. I checked the rack looking for a size that fit me. The largest I found was a Misses size 16 but I wore a Women’s size 24. I bought the size 16, I don’t know why, but I had to have that dress. It didn’t fit, the skirt wouldn’t even go past my knees. It hung in my closet for three years sometimes I would take it out and hold it up and daydream.
Time had passed and today was the day; the suit was ready back from the cleaners it hung there in a clear plastic bag. I was ready too, pantyhose, bra, spanx, hair and makeup. I took her from the hanger and opened the zipper on the skirt and stepped into it and pulled it over my hips, reaching behind, I heard the wonderful sound of “zzzippp!” as the skirt fit perfectly around my waist. As I slipped into the jacket the satin lining felt cool against my skin. As I worked the buttons closed the jacket hugged my hips seductively and proudly accented my bust. I sprayed a bit of perfume and then stepped into my shoes. When I turned toward the mirror there she was……. the women from the elevator. Although I was smiling a tear ran down my cheek.
In 2009 I turned 50 years old, and had reached the weight of 280lbs. I hated how I looked. I was a year or two away from high blood pressure and diabetes. My dreams of expressing my feminine side were slipping away. I was burdened with guilt, shame and self loathing.
Through the years I had worked so hard and sacrificed for so many things and for so many people in my life. Now at 50 the one thing I wanted most, the one thing that had nagged at me since childhood was going to be left unanswered. I couldn’t do it. I could not let it go. I needed to express that woman who I knew lived inside me. I may never transition but I needed to at least experience the world as a woman in some way.
I had no plan. I was still lost, but then one day during lunch I went to a local mall. I decided that I was going to buy makeup, a good quality foundation. I walked around the sleek and polished cosmetic counters in Lord and Taylor. I was feeling horribly out of place and self conscious. I walked up to the Lacome counter and stammered out a request for a foundation with heavy coverage. The sales associate told me that their foundations were very sheer, but asked me to wait a minute; she walked over to another kiosk and spoke briefly with another sales associate. Meanwhile I was turning red with embarrassment, I was sure they were shocked and appalled by my request. I fought the urge to bolt and run as I had done in earlier attempts. You see I was starting to get weary of making excuses and being afraid I had enough I wasn’t going to run anymore. I was going to stand up to that bully who lived inside of me.
From across the aisle, came a smile and a petite wave. Soon I found myself standing in front of an attractive young woman who was the manager of the NARS counter. Kasey, I would later learn her name, was pretty enough to be a model, her make-up true to her profession was artistically perfect. She quickly put me at ease and started to explain the different types of foundations available. For the first time in my life I spoke the truth openly about who I was. I told her that I was transgender and was starting to use makeup and wanted to develop a conservative business look for going out in the world. I didn’t know what to expect in return, I imagined the worst, disdain, scorn, condescension, but instead she responded with enthusiasm, and it was contagious. I listened intently to every word. Fifteen minutes later I departed and walked proudly back to the car carrying my cute little NARS bag with my new foundation. Best of all I felt good about my purchase; I didn’t feel guilty or shameful. For the first time in my life I felt acceptance.
About three weeks later I went back to the NARS counter. Still a bit apprehensive and uneasy about what my reception might be, I was relieved to be greeted by Kasey and a friendly smile. “Hey how’s the foundation working for you?” She then helped me pick out colors for my eyes and gave me advice on application. When she reached for her business card under the counter I noticed her lunch, a small container of soup, fruit and a bottle of water. As I walked away it dawned on me, if I wanted to look like a slender stylish woman then I needed to eat like one. I was a yo-yo dieter who always went back to a fat and bad carb based diet. It was what I was use to, and it was destroying me physically but also destroying any hope I had of stepping out into the world as a woman. This was an epiphany, it was at that moment where I associated and connected my diet with being feminine and achieving my dream. You see I wanted to dress as a woman, socialize as a woman, and be accepted as a woman. What I was saying was in all practical ways I wanted to live as a woman. I finally realized that along with the clothes, cosmetics, manicures, perfume and hair I also needed to include diet! Now anytime I reached for food I asked myself “What would a healthy woman eat?” Every time I made a correct choice it connected me a tiny bit to my feminine side. No longer was making a healthy choice an act of self denial, but instead it was self actualization and a step toward femininity. That realization made all the difference in my battle against weight.
As my weight started to drop and I built a wardrobe and I began to evolve as a woman. I started seeing a gender therapist and began to talk about my feelings openly. The guilt started to fade away. I began to accept the fact that I was transgender. I wasn’t doing anything wrong and I didn’t have to be ashamed of dressing as a woman. The world opened up to me.
What worked for me was simplicity. I live a busy life; my family has all kinds of foods, and busy schedules. I didn’t go out and buy all kinds of diet food. What I did was to start counting calories. Male bodies (unfortunately that’s what I’m working with here) burn 2000 calories a day if you don’t exercise. So I began slowly changing my diet. Here is an example, for breakfast instead of a cheese omelet, toast butter, and bacon. I’d have just eggs maybe some mushrooms, and a slice of toast with no butter. Then for lunch maybe some soup, and fruit, or a sandwich and some fruit. We not even up to 1000 calories yet. Dinner just a small piece of meat, lots of vegetables maybe some bread. The trick is to eat different foods get into a rhythm that acceptable for full time. Your hunger will diminish and you will begin to loose weight. On weekends I don’t go crazy but do enjoy nice dinners, pizza and maybe some beer.
Find an exercise that you can do regularly, if going to the gym is going to cause problems with your busy schedule then find a niche of time that you have free. I walk; I use to be a runner and laughed at walkers. But your research will tell you that the benefits of walking are close to running. Best of all I can do it anywhere, which means on the weekends I can hike the woods and during the week I can trek thru the office park. A half hour or an hour starts to slice off those 2000 calories.
Most important and listen closely here, if you don’t enjoy exercise you won’t keep it up. My walks are an escape, and I enjoy them, I feel as if something is missing if I don’t get that daily walk in.
The whole process is not rocket science, eat healthier food, keep it under 2000 calories a day and exercise.
The experts emphasize that diets don’t work that eating healthy does. I found a reason to eat healthy, something that gave me more satisfaction than feasting. Femininity.

phylis anne
02-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Paula your reply was very straight and right on the nose .It is a situation many of us have either experienced or are in the middle of doing what you did .

Jessica84
02-06-2015, 02:15 PM
@Paula_56: Every here has given amazing advice and encouragement, I absolutely love your honest response. Thank you sooooo much!!

CynthiaD
02-06-2015, 04:59 PM
You shouldn't have trouble finding clothes your size in the plus-size section. Take your measurements and figure out your sizes. It takes some time to figure out what looks good on you. Not everything looks good on everyone. You'll have better luck if you avoid sexy outfits and go for the average office-worker look. (But do what pleases you, regardless.) Next time, take a walk down the strip. Even if you look like an ape in a tutu, no one will give you a second glance. It's Vegas, after all.