PDA

View Full Version : Tan Lines on holiday

Sallyfrillyknickers
02-04-2015, 09:09 AM
I was reading the thread on tan lines in the clothing, shopping and beauty section. I decided to post here as it's its no really clothing, shopping and beauty but related.

I remember getting tan lines whilst on a family holiday in Cornwall when I was about 14 yrs old (over 45 yrs ago). We had travelled down from the north of England overnight and as a result we were all tired. We met up with our friends who we camped with each year and headed to the beach. I had put my swimming trunks on and after a time swimming I fell asleep lying on my back. As a joke our friends laid a bikini top over me.

Imagine my horror when I woke up with a red body from the sun but with two white bits. Utter embarrassment to a 14 yr old boy. For the next few days I would not take my tee shirt off on the beach. When I went into the sea in a whit and the tee shirt became wet I got some funny looks now and then. Being topless on a beach was not usual then.

Eventually my mum and her friends decided that as I had shoulder length hair (it was the early 70's) that perhaps I should wear a bikini top to stop people looking at me. After a shopping trip into Newquay they produced a peacock blue bikini, a bright flowery one piece swimsuit and girly flip flops. They also bought a sundress for me to use going and coming back from the beach.

Now I did not know what to do. Mum knew I liked girly clothes and after finding some off her clothes in my bedroom we had a conversation which had ended by Mum saying that you do not pinch other peoples clothes. I was worried what my Dad would say but nothing else was said about the matter. About a week later some clothes that did fit me appeared in my bedroom. This was different!!!! Mum said it was OK and I could be her little girl for the rest of the holiday. Dad did not even seem to mind at all.

By the end of the holiday I was used to being called Joanne by my parents friends, even their sons jokingly said it was better to have a girl with them.

It took ages for the tan lines to fade away but by then the summer turned wetter.
I used to wear that bikini to bed at home and still like wearing a swimsuit under drab clothes.

The next year when we met up in Cornwall I was more careful in the sun. I did still wear the bikini on the beach though.

Ressie
02-04-2015, 12:00 PM
It was probably the same summer (1973) when I sunbathed nude every day in the yard of the house we were renting. There were several acres with bushes by the road. It was an unusually remote spot for being a suburban area of Denver. I could also see if there was a car approaching which gave me time to put on my shorts. I was 20. Didn't have any opportunities to CD in those days.

happybra
02-12-2015, 01:02 AM
I sometimes worry about getting tan lines through my T-shirt from the outline of my bra but I figure, oh well, if it happens, it happens

Beverley Sims
02-12-2015, 01:26 PM
I have a project that every summer holiday I go on I get branded, with the appropriate tan lines.

It is a bit harder in winter but I have got a bit of a tan in the wrong places in Singapore.