PDA

View Full Version : Feeling frustrated

sara1985
02-04-2015, 06:19 PM
I was pretty active on this forum a while ago and life happens and I tried to forget about Sara. It didn't really work so I decided that I can't forget about her so she is here to stay. Now the frustrating part. I have never fully dressed as Sara and decided it was time to. I've been buying clothes for a while and recently started buying makeup. I've watched quite a few videos and thought I had a pretty good handle on it. So I had some time today and decided to try the makeup today. It was a disaster and now I'm really bummed about it. I just wanted to vent a little bit, thanks for listening.

Annaliese
02-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Don't stop keep practicing, make up and math are a lot a like, you have to practice to get good.

Samantha Clark
02-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Yeah I hear you. I'm pretty much in the same boat but I'm still trying to get a wardrobe together. The makeup part is hardest for me. I've dabbled with no success at all. Watching videos doesn't seem to help. Maybe just need more time to practice? After all you can't become a master finish carpenter overnight.

Wish there was a seminar/practicum to go to. If you find something helpful let me know!

Stephanie47
02-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Practice makes perfect! Do you really think teenage girls go it perfect the first couple of times? Nope!

mykell
02-04-2015, 06:44 PM
best advise i ever liked was through away all the applicators that come with makeup....get yourself a set of brushes.....even if its dollar store stuff its better.

they have some tips on youtube....

Katey888
02-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Hi Sara,

First of all it's nice to hear that you've secured a degree of self-acceptance.. :cheer: Being happy with ourselves, and the 'girl inside' (however that is for you - I know it's very different for everyone) whatever part they may play in our lives - big/small, open/secretive - I think is a really important step on reaching a balance in what we do and how we do it... so well done for that! :D

As to makeup... well, videos and practice help - but some days one can just not be in the mood and end up looking quite scary... so don't sweat it! Have a good vent, and then try some other time... It will come right in the end. :)

Katey x

Melody A
02-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Our makeup can truly make us or break us. I'm certainly no expert but try to take it slow. Start light and then gradually add on from there. Also, the quality of the products you use can make an extreme difference. Sometimes it's worth it to spend a little more on the good stuff!!
Practice...practice...practice :D. Good luck!!

Mel

MsVal
02-04-2015, 07:27 PM
I know how you feel. I wasn't really going for the Goth Zombie look, it just sorta happened.

Best wishes
MsVal

Seana Summer
02-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Life does happen, there is no getting around it. Don't get too discouraged about the makeup, maybe you can find a GG to help you? Though most GG's I know ware very little, and you can still be you without it.

Sierra_juliette
02-04-2015, 09:18 PM
I am a GG in my mid 30's and have been wearing makeup since about 14, there are still days I wash it all off and start over. Don't let it get you down, when you aren't happy with the results, take a mental or literal note of what you don't like about it and move on with that valuable knowledge!

vallerie lacy
02-04-2015, 09:20 PM
I think MsVal was pretty accurate with her description of some early endeavors of mine. Practice, practice, practice. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Rachael Leigh
02-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Like everyone says practice for sure, there are days I do really well and then days I look and think what was I thinking.
The cool thing is I love doing makeup in fact it's my favorite part of dressing

Adriana Moretti
02-05-2015, 12:05 AM
hey girl feel better xoxo keep your head up & check THIS out.........my FIRST time doing makeup after a 7 year purge How AWFUL is THAT mess ...........then a recent pic. with about a year of practice.....keep your head up....get the right brushes, read, study, be a nerd, ask questions, get advise from the gals at the makeup counter...xoxo.......you know geek out !

Kimberly Ann
02-05-2015, 12:20 AM
I am a GG and have never really gotten into the whole make-up thing. My SO asked me to help her with her make-up. I wasn't thrilled...to say the least...because it's just not my thing, but I try to be a good sport. We have a friend that we met from this forum that put together a step by step guide on how to apply make-up. So I applied make-up on my SO while repeatedly looking at the guide. Dear goodness!!!!! I won't say it was a complete disaster, but it wasn't good. It's not something that comes naturally. We laughed and laughed at my level of ineptitude. :) I would say practice...practice...practice....and try not to get discouraged. We went into Sephora together at the mall and had them do skin tone matching on my SO. They also will do make overs for you...give you tips....and let you know exactly what items you should purchase. They were very friendly to us.....and I have heard from others that most Sephora stores are trans friendly. Good luck.....and be patient with yourself.

Marcelle
02-05-2015, 05:23 AM
Hi Sara,

As all have stated . . . practice, practice and when you think you have it . . . practice some more. One constant . . . don't go thick off the gate, start light and work your way forward until you get the look you want. Oh and brushes . . . good advice.

Hugs

Isha

NaNook
02-05-2015, 06:01 AM
oh yes !! practice....I think just getting used to how to get your hands used to doing things in Reverse sometimes kinda trickly...LOL
some think I look ok? but I never feel it is ever good enough...LOL
I see so many here that look very Pretty !!

though I admit? as they say your you own worst Critic....and so true!!
but lets see? for "Me" I started with my eyes..tried to think? do I like or "Need Eye Liner"
and I have RED Hair !! a double Nightmare...LOL (been thinking gong Brunet!)
so find a color that works for you? lighter or Darker? and true sometimes "Less is More"
some times I just wanna be crazy on the eyes? so I go all "Smokey Eye" I am a little Lucky the Smokey eye works a little...
but I think it could be better...but that's for me?
but eye liner is the hardest for me personally,after that "Eyelashes"...LOL
but it is easier now...

then the Foundation...some need more than others? some need none at all?? or some heavy "Cover Up"
for me I need something to cover? so I use "Durmablend" ya know how it goes those Facial Areas...LOL
but "Go Light First"
I would guess probably Pretty to begin with...so little at a time ...
clothes? a tricky one? well was for me....LOL I have a more Masculine figure, a V back kinda "Straight Waist"...LOL
nice legs? so I am told...???
45chest 35 waist ,so finding clothes a little tricky , but I found that a few Goodwill stores had some stuff that was
Perfect for me in the styles I was looking for !!!
but back on the makeup?
think of it like a Canvass you can redo over and over again....just finding the contours of your face
will take some time? try one side different than other side? if one side looks a little better where you like it?
try and redo like other side...I did that and kinda helped ,but that was for me??
I only help maybe something I put here can help a little....