PDA

View Full Version : Feels like starting over

Rita C.
02-05-2015, 06:40 AM
I have been unable to get dressed since last July, I have been in and out of hospitals right and left. I had surgery on my back last July and it went bad, I had surgery in November to repair the July surgery. After all that I had a foot go bad and I had surgery on it 2 times and now I'm in a hard cast up to my knee. With all this I have not felt like dressing (oh yes I have). It just feels like when I get all healed up I'll just have to start all over. But the girl is still in me. I'll be back girls, love to all Rita C.

alice clair
02-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Hi Rita
I hope you heal fast and get back on your feet real soon. Not being able to dress is a real bummer. I have been in the hospital before as long as 16 days and all I could think of was getting back home so I could put on my bra and wear something pretty. Good luck and I hope you heal fast.

Michelle

alwayshave
02-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Rita, It's like that bicycle I don't ride all winter. When spring comes I get right back on it and it feels great. Maybe some sore muscle the next day which I will equate with not removing all my eyeliner. But, other than that, no issues. Hope you recover quickly.

Katey888
02-05-2015, 07:56 AM
You poor thing... :hugs:

Think of all the planning and pre-shopping you can do... Get yourself straight and then make up for lost time.. :)

Wish you well!

Katey x

CarlaWestin
02-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Hopefully things are fixed so you can enjoy life mo' betta' now. Getting healthy is good. I wish you a speedy recovery. Hopefully they worked on the right part.

AccidentalDresser
02-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Having a solid cast all the way up to your knee would make putting pants on really difficult.
Best excuse ever to wear skirts and dresses.

Hope you recover soon
xxxxxxxxx

Danitgirl1
02-05-2015, 10:01 AM
4 years ago I had major cardiothoracic surgery... twice in the space of 2 months.
I was in and out of hospital 4 times that year.
I know how you feel 1 step forward, 2 steps back...
It feels like you are making no progress.
It is tough.
BUT you are making progress. Take each little step as a win and fight to hold onto that win. Fight HARD.
It is worth it and there is light at the end of the tunnel, you just sometimes need to stop and take a breatehr mid way through every now and then.
Good luck.

Annaliese
02-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Girl thinking of you, get well soon. hugs

Bria
02-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Hope you get healed up quickly now. What a bummer to have to redo two surgeries!

Hugs, Bria

Nikkilovesdresses
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Good luck Rita, hope you heal soon.

Hugs, Nikki

DonnaT
02-05-2015, 04:55 PM
When I had ankle surgery, it was a good time to stay dressed in a skirt.

Bad thing is, I'll never wear heels again, and even flats can be a pain.