PDA

View Full Version : An encounter of a differnt kind

Richelle
02-07-2015, 01:43 PM
When I travel to our company office in Chelmsford Mass I often to go down to the hotel's restaurant/bar for dinner and a drink. This time on Friday night I went to the bar and had an encounter of a different kind. While I was enjoying my wine and dinner, there were a couple of elderly men who were setting at the bar and having a very loud conversation. You could tell that all three of them were drunk. After one left, one of them came over to my table and asked if I knew who he was. He said he was a prize fighter that some movie was about him. His friend started to wave at use indicating that he wanted us to come over. I shook my head no and went back to reading.

After that person that went left the bar, the last guy stumbled over to my table. He asked if he coul sit down. Since he was about to fall over, I said OK. He then started to talk that he was a former police office and connected to the FBI. He even showed my some ard that hsaid FBI, but did not have the government seal.

He then continued to talk and asked where I was from. He then asked my if I was a women. I spoke very softly and said yes, he than asked if I was not one of those? I said no and he continued to ask my name. I answered and then he talked about his friend that was over earlier and if I ever heard of him. He then asked me again my name and if I was a woman. When I said yes, he said I look very manly. I said it was just my genes. He then said he would have to believe me. He then stumbled back to the bar and was picked up by a friend to drive him home.

Since I am a regular at the hotel, I mentioned to a couple of the workers the conversation. Both of them just looked up like it was no surprise and that he is a regular there and often drink. They both acted embarrassed that he questioned if I was a real women. The bar tender who I consider to be a girl friend even apologized. I said it had been a long time since I was hit on by a guy. I said I just which he was younger and better looking :o

Richelle

kimdl93
02-07-2015, 01:51 PM
What a pain. I'd rather sit alone than get caught in conversation with a drunk....no matter how I'm dressed.

Marcelle
02-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Hi Richelle,

Sorry to hear about such a ghastly experience . . . really gives guys a bad name. You handled it well.

Hugs

Isha

RADER
02-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Bums are a dime a dozen; it is gentlemen that are hard to find.
You handled it very well, Maybe next time will be better.
Rader

JocelynJames
02-07-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm from Massachusetts and I'm guessing if the guy that used to be a fighter and had a movie made about him was legit, it was Mickey Ward. Mark Wahlberg played him in the movie. I'm just stating what I know, not exclusion him or his friend for their behavior. The closer you are to Boston the more likely someone is to say what's on their mind, and even more so if they're intoxicated. Maybe someday if I can work up the courage I'll meet up with you (dressed) for dinner. Chelmsford is about 45 minutes away. Coincidentally , I have a brother that lives in California.

Richelle
02-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Jocelyn

Yes that is the name the server gave me when I takled to her about it.

Richelle