PDA

View Full Version : Finally flying as Stacey

StaceyJane
02-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Over the last couple of years I have had many adventures going out as Stacey. I've ridden the train, been to a Dallas Cowboys practice, sat in on a session of the Texas State Legislature but I had never had the chance to fly as Stacey. Well last Sunday I needed to go from Austin, Texas to New Orleans for an acting job on the New ABC series The Astronaut Wives Club. I had driven to New Orleans a week earlier with a friend to go to a fitting for the show but we had a bad time and got into a argument which we still aren't over. Anyway since I couldn't go back with her and I didn't want to drive alone I decided to fly to New Orleans.
At first I wasn't going to go as Stacey but just before it was time for me to leave for the airport a friend suggested in a text that I fly as Stacey. I thought about it for a second then decided "why not". I quickly got out a nice dress and got dressed as Stacey.
Now, I've been in crowded places as Stacey before so the airport wasn't scary. I got my boarding pass and heading over to the TSA line. When it was my turn I handed the agent my boarding pass and my drivers license. he looked at the license and looked at me a couple of times. then I took of my glasses and said "yes, it's me" he smiled and let me pass through. Then I had to go through the scan and get a pat down (the buttons on my dress confused the machine). After that I felt relieved and after a quick bathroom break in the family bathroom I went to my gate just in time to start boarding. Before boarding I did ask a nice person to take my picture.
The first leg of the fight was from Austin to Dallas. It was an uneventful flight. I had a window seat and was lucky no one was in the seat next to me. By now I was feeling quite happy with myself and when we landed in Dallas I got another passenger to take my picture on the plane.
The next stop was New Orleans. Before leaving Dallas I asked someone to take a picture of me at DFW Airport. For the next leg I had to pick up a boarding pass at the gate. Again a couple of looks when I showed my drivers license but no problem. The flight to New Orleans was again uneventful. I had a window seat again but since I was on the very last row all I could see out the window was the engine.
At New Orleans I once more got a picture of me in the airport. Then off to get my rental car. Once more a couple of looks when I showed my ID but still no problem. I then drove to my hotel, checked in and finally got to take my wig off while feeling very good about the day.

bridget thronton
02-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Nice pictures

Amy Lynn3
02-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Love that color dress. Hope the flight is a great one.

Marcelle
02-09-2015, 06:00 AM
Hi Stacey,

Sounds like a great voyage and fun Stacey time.

Hugs

Isha

Claire Cook
02-09-2015, 06:12 AM
Hi Stacey,

Welcome to our Mile High Club! What a comfy dress to travel in .. love the color. BTW .. did you get the job??

Hugs,

Claire

kimdl93
02-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Good for you! Hope the acting opportunities keep coming too!

sonja hems
02-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Well done! I wish I had the confidence to do that. I can go out and about but taking a flight would be nerve wrecking.

Beverley Sims
02-11-2015, 07:04 AM
I have enough trouble with a bagful of electronics let alone flying pretty.

My bag gets scanned and tested for most things at most check in gates.