PDA

View Full Version : shaved legs

Alambi
02-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Did people ever comment you on your shaved legs in guy-mode? What did you tell them if they did?

Rachael Leigh
02-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Ive never had any and I know some just tell people their either a bike rider or a swimmer.

Erika Lyne
02-09-2015, 11:48 AM
"Yes." & walked away.

When they asked, "Do you shave you legs?"

-E

Beverley Sims
02-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Hairless legs have never been an issue for me.... Ever!

Paulette
02-09-2015, 12:19 PM
I have had shaved legs and arms for many years and no one has said a thing. So many of our fears are based in ourselves. People in polite society are more concerned about what they are doing or go to do than to care about mine or yours shaved legs. All that said if you shave your legs keep them up and be sure to use moisturizer on them to keep them soft and smooth. Once I committed to shaving my legs I just added a few minutes to my shower time and a few extra dollars to razor budget. A sharp blade will not nick you as much as a dull one.

FeliciaCDSNJ
02-09-2015, 12:41 PM
We have hair on our legs?.....just kidding. The only hair I have is on my head, eyebrows and eyelashes lol and the only negative comments I've received was from one person who thought they could get my goat riled up but it failed miserably. Other than that, no one says a word and I wear anklets that grab attention because they are shiny sterling silver and not a word spoken. :)

Linda Leigh
02-09-2015, 12:44 PM
No one has commented on my hairless legs :)

Michelle 78
02-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Only once, my brother asked if I had shaved my legs? I said yes!, I shave my chest so I thought why not! and that was it nothing else said.

Nikkilovesdresses
02-09-2015, 12:56 PM
My wife. I just went and bought some light cotton pj bottoms from a lingerie shop to save her from prickly stubble while the hair's growing out again. First pj's I've worn since I was about 7 or 8! I shaved them for my recent lingerie-in-the-snow spree.

JeanetteX
02-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Have to agree with LeighR...I am a devoted cyclist so always use that as my excuse. Never heard anyone making a nasty remark.

Nadine Spirit
02-09-2015, 01:42 PM
I have been shaving my body hair off and on since I was twelve. I started because I was a swimmer. But then kept it up because I like it. Although I have done it pretty much constantly for the last ten years or so.

Has anyone ever said anything? I really can't remember anyone ever mentioning it.

Once though at a work meeting, a colleague of mine was asked about his smooth arms. He loudly, and proudly declared that he has always shaved his entire body because he hates body hair. He saw his friend's dad once who happened to be very, very hairy and he said that he hated the looked and determined that he was never going to look that way and thus has always shaved his whole body.

I thought it was funny because he was so matter of fact about it, while I have been so self conscious about it. Since then I have relaxed.

Jodi
02-09-2015, 01:55 PM
I have worked around teenage boys and girls for the last 11 years while wearing shorts. Have never had a comment or a snicker.

Jodi

Cheryl T
02-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Actually I wear shorts about 8 months of the year at work and no one ever made a comment.
Not even my friends said anything and they make comments about EVERYTHING...

Carly CD
02-09-2015, 02:22 PM
This past summer was my first being shaved and wearing shorts in public. I never had anyone say anything about it.

Alambi
02-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Ok, thanks for all your answers :)

Teresa
02-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Alambi,
Last summer my wife persisted to get me to wear shorts, I reluctantly complied thinking she would pick up on my shaved legs immediately , eventually I had to ask if she had noticed them shaved ! Her only comment was my CDing must be getting worse ! After that I got the odd sarcastic comment about being careful not to scratch them and I must work on a good tan for them ! Little did she know that I was wearing my denim mini skirt and Tshirt in the garden when she was at work, but I restricted my time to twenty minutes so I didn't get a too obvious tan line !!

AprilMayy<3
02-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I've never had anyone comment on them, but if they did I'd just say that my legs get irritated by the sweat the hair causes. Which is actually true, but it's never been such a problem that I'd shave my legs over it. Doing it for dressing makes more sense honestly, so what people don't know wont hurt 'em.

SusanaO
02-09-2015, 04:36 PM
You'd be surprised how many people don't pay attention to that. Not only do I shave my legs, I also remove hair from my hands (not much arm hair), and I've been thinning my eyebrows gradually. No one has said a thing.

GemmaK
02-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I've only ever had one comment, from a friend, when I was sitting next to him on a sofa. I just said that having tried shaving my legs for a NYE fancy dress - which he knew about, I preferred it. End of subject and no one else has ever mentioned it.

DeeNile
02-09-2015, 05:00 PM
I shaved my legs for the first time evAR two weeks ago and either my wife hasn't noticed or hasn't said anything.

Candice Mae
02-09-2015, 05:47 PM
I've never had any problems with people commenting on my legs, if anything I've actually got a lot of compliments or questions about my shoes. Then again I'm in a different place then most here...

Maria 60
02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
I usually shave my legs in the winter months, last year we got a last minute deal on a vacation and found myself with shaved and smooth legs, most people didn't notice but we did meet another couple and she questioned me on why I didn't have any hair on my legs. I told her years of working construction outside and wearing wool long underwear I slowly started losing hair on my legs. She kind off excepted it and that was pretty much as far as it went, I guess at the end of the day no really cares.

prettytoes
02-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Only one person has ever said anything to me, and that was a lifelong GG friend who is gay. She asked if I shave my legs, I told her yes, that I like them that way, and her reply was "that's cool...lots of guys shave their legs now, they look really good". I had many reasons to fire back at people in case I was asked...cycling, scuba diving (easier to slide into wetsuit), and massages. That just seemed like the best answer at the time. I have kept them shaved for over 3 years now. I have also found that it's much cooler in the summer, and easier to apply sunscreen.

MsLana
02-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Not any I can remember..or paid any attention to.I am lucky in the sense I am fair and not very hairy to begin with (except my head,thats another story)and any hair I do have is light / blonde so...its hard to see even unshaved....

alwayshave
02-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Here is my story about someone commenting on my legs: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?199900-Someone-commented-on-my-legs-and-not-in-a-good-way

Anne2345
02-09-2015, 07:36 PM
If you want to shave your legs, just own yourself and do it. Most people are too wrapped up in their own lives to either care or notice. And if someone does notice, so what?! It's no big deal at all. If you believe otherwise, that's the fear in the back of your head whispering deceitful little lies designed to blow the reality of the situation WAAAAY out of proportion and to assign dire, all-is-lost consequences to the possibility of someone noticing. Believe me, the world will not end, even if it *seems* like it may. Life is too short as it is. So why get all caught up in the small stuff? If you want to do it, do it!!! It's *that* easy. :-)

Michelle_G
02-09-2015, 10:39 PM
I have been shaving my legs for several years now and I can't stand it when I don't do it. I have seen a few people look but they didn't say anything. Most people do not care or even notice. If anyone asks tell them its low testosterone or that you fell into a vat of nair during a factory tour.

MissTee
02-09-2015, 10:54 PM
I am a avid cyclist and have been decades. We use to casually joke with ourselves about our "lady legs." I suppose because most people I know know this about me I get a pass. Anyway, a few years ago a female colleague was pulling the chain of another one of our male peers, a novice cyclist, about shaving his legs. He stumbled and stammered and tried making excuse like, " I only shave below the knees!" He made it so much worse for himself because the ribbing continued. Now, I have no doubt it had nothing to do with smooth legs, rather his vulnerability about shaving.

MelanieAnne
02-09-2015, 11:14 PM
My legs have been shaved the last two summers, and I wear shorts all summer, and no one has ever said anything about it. I think we worry too much. Nobody really cares.

Adriana Moretti
02-09-2015, 11:18 PM
never got a comment.....not at the beach, at the pool, in the gym......never.......

mary spence
02-09-2015, 11:38 PM
I'm also a biker. When I answer with that it's pretty much the end of the inquiry. With all the tattoos and piercings out there, shaved legs barely register. A couple of times I've had gg's kiddingly comment my legs looked better than theirs.

Jilmac
02-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Before I started shaving my legs I was getting very painful ingrown hairs. A dermatologist at the VA suggested shaving my legs as a way to eliminate them. She was right, no more ingrown hairs and my legs are nice and smooth, and when people ask why I shave my legs I tell them the same thing I mentioned here.

Jenniferathome
02-10-2015, 12:07 AM
One person, in 4 years, has asked. I am in shorts quite frequently. When asked if I shaved my legs my response was. "Yes." No one cares.

Jean 103
02-10-2015, 12:47 AM
Besides my ex who didn’t like it, a Doctor during a physical asked if I was a bike rider. I wear shorts a lot, but not at work, I don’t need cuts on my legs. I know they noticed during my physical therapy last year but nobody said anything. Nobody cares.

Leighcdmd
02-10-2015, 01:08 AM
I have been shaving my legs and chest for years. No one has ever said a word. I go to my dermatologist twice a year...nothing. Had surgery on my leg...ditto. As CDs, I think we spend way to much energy worrying about what other people may notice or think. Most people are too caught up with their own lives to either notice or give a rip.

UNDERDRESSER
02-10-2015, 01:58 AM
I was sitiing with my legs up near the campfire on a bike ride evening, and a girl I didn't know made a slightly antagonistic comment about cylclists shaving their legs to fit in. I said, "Nah, it's more of an excuse than anything, I just prefer them like this" She just snorted and started talking to someone else.

bridget thronton
02-10-2015, 02:57 AM
No one has ever asked me (and they have been shaved for 10 years or more)

Henriette7
02-10-2015, 03:14 AM
No one ever said anything, I think that people don't even notice :-)

Hugs
Henriette

emma30
02-10-2015, 04:22 AM
The secret is to keep your legs slightly tanned like the tops of your arms as this looks healthy rather than strange

Rhonda Darling
02-10-2015, 07:42 AM
My wife. I just went and bought some light cotton pj bottoms from a lingerie shop to save her from prickly stubble while the hair's growing out again.

Why is your hair growing out again? Come on, girls, let's each send Nikki a razor so this tragedy can be avoided.

DonnaT
02-10-2015, 03:35 PM
never got a comment.....not at the beach, at the pool, in the gym......never.......

Me neither.

wanda66
02-10-2015, 03:50 PM
I to have shaved legs and chest for years never a word. But recently i had some surgery and the nurse went to shave the area ,and remarked to me that her job had been already compleated.

Taylor Ray
02-10-2015, 05:01 PM
My smooth chest seems to have lately drawn some attention, but over the years my overall look and presence have "raised the eyebrows" of many. I once heard a general contractor say (I was in the adjacent room):

"He's either gay or Canadian."

Ashley1212
02-10-2015, 07:57 PM
I have been shaving my legs for a couple of years. The very first time friends and family questioned me. I just told them yes I shaved my legs. Them that was the last time any on asked. I dont even think about it any more. Every couple of days. I just shave.

Khora
02-21-2015, 06:18 PM
I would love to be mentally strong enough to just shave everything and not care. I love how it looks, how it feels and (something that transcends gender) it would make my bathroom much much cleaner! I'm so tired of seeing my hair all over the place. It's like a live with a big shaggy dog. :straightface:

Karen R!
02-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Nope never any comments. Had a guy ask me if I shaved my arms once. I replied no and never have. Never had to. I don't see why you need a cover story if asked. Just tell the truth.
Karen

Tiffany Rose
02-22-2015, 06:00 PM
My aunt always comments how my legs are smoother than hers, she really doesn't care. When she noticed the first time I told her I don't like body hair.
My cousin who is 14 brings it up an kind of laughs about it. I make it clear I don't care.
My sister in-law also has noticed and I tell her the same thing I tell my aunt.

I don't act like it is a big deal and nobody ever has acted like it is.

Tina_gm
02-22-2015, 06:20 PM
early in the year, I was at ocean city MD. I had shaved legs. I was a bit suprised at how few people even noticed. Not comments, I did get one GG who gave a very unflattering look, but other than that basically nothing, not most who payed attention or cared, I am not sure which.

Khora
02-22-2015, 06:26 PM
I did get one GG who gave a very unflattering look

She was probably mad that you were making her look bad!

Angelofsomekind
02-22-2015, 06:42 PM
I've had a few people notice. A friend asked if I shaved them, I said yea, he said, "Huh". That was the end of it. The same day a female friend said my legs looked really smooth, I said, "Thanks" that was the end of that one. Then out of nowhere my step mother in law asked how often I shave them. I said whenever I need to. She then turned to my wife and said "Probably almost as much as we do". My wife told her more often then they do. That was the end of it. No one really cared. If they asked why I'd just tell them I'm not a fan of body hair, it's true.

JessicaMann
02-22-2015, 07:20 PM
I've been shaving for about a year now. still a little self conscious in shorts. lol

kymmieLorain
02-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Have had shaved legs for over 10 years. Never had a comment.

Kymmie

Mandybr
02-22-2015, 09:07 PM
I guess its more like "if you don't have, have to be wearing stockings all the time". :p
Plus, its only really bad the first time you shave, hehe.

Carrie M
02-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Last summer when I first shaved my legs I thought that it would be noticed at the gym. But I haven't seen even a second glance in my direction. Also I realized that, looking around, more guys had, shall we say, "bald" legs or very thin hair than those with obvious dark leg hair. So I think it's almost a non issue once we get over the idea in our heads.

grace7777
02-22-2015, 10:59 PM
If you want to shave your legs, just own yourself and do it. :-)

I totally agree.

I have had a few comments, but nothing negative.

Khora
02-23-2015, 11:54 AM
It just bothers me as to why others even care in the first place. It's my body to do what I please with and it affects them in no way whatsoever. But you do something like this and then here come the body police.

Tanya+
02-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Another dad at a kids beach party asked if i had been riding my bike lately, i just said, not as much as i'd like. Everyone has noticed i think, but i stopped caring and that was the hard part. (I don't like stubble so i used wax strips and bought an epilator, once a week on each body part keeping it nice and smooth.)

Angela Marie
02-24-2015, 08:48 AM
I shave my legs, arms, and chest. Have not had a problem. I'm a runner and when I run in shorts in the summer the only comments I get is from women who say I have a nice set of legs.

jenni2313
02-24-2015, 08:57 AM
The only one who ever comment was my wife, and she didn't like the prickly feeling.

JessicaMN
02-24-2015, 09:03 PM
I only shave my legs from september to the end of january, since im wearing pants 90% of the time (thanks winter!)

Jeanna
02-24-2015, 09:14 PM
My wife commented, "I'm the woman in this relationship stop shaving your f@#king legs"

Charla McBee
02-25-2015, 12:45 AM
I'm out to everyone as TG at least verbally so I'm not sure what I'm still worried about as far as people noticing all the shaving. Winter is a convenient excuse not to expose anything though, even in this part of Florida. I'm considering changing my facebook gender to something like androgynous, after that all bets are off. If I want to be truly out I've got to let go.

vickim
02-25-2015, 03:46 AM
Lasered a couple years back. No comments from anyone at work and I've only overheard the tale end of one conversation between some guy and his wife while standing outside an IHOP a few years back. I heard him say, "well, he's probably into cycling or something." Nothing negative at all. Its all in how you respond to it and the baggage you carry on that

BLUE ORCHID
02-25-2015, 08:16 AM
Hi Alambi, No one ever says anything about then.:daydreaming:

LexiNexi
02-25-2015, 05:59 PM
I have often wondered this. But I have light blonde hair and not very hairy. Maybe they didn't notice? Maybe they don't care? I like to be totally smooth but not in the grow back period. Thinking about trying Nair today.

Annaliese
02-25-2015, 06:54 PM
The only one that ever gave me a bad time is my brother, was at a family gathering, my dad told him to leave me alone

sherib
02-25-2015, 08:35 PM
I play golf and I've noticed that many of the golfer do not have hair on their legs. I don't know if they shave or they have little hair on their legs. In the many years I have shaved my legs, I only been asked one time do I shave. I guess people wonder if you shave if you normally have hairy legs and then all of a sudden you bare.

Deane
02-25-2015, 10:49 PM
I've shaved my legs for about 6 years now, and my pits for several months (just trimmed them before). I work construction in Florida, my work uniform is shorts and a tank top. I've had about 3 people ask about my legs, and never at work. Each time I said "yeah." 2 of them wanted more info, but not in a bad way. So I explained. When I'm sweating and driving, the leg hairs would pull, and hurt. When I get caulk or glue on my legs, it would pull hair and hurt but on bare skin there's no problem. And most important, my wife touches my bare legs more than she ever did my hairy ones. As for my pits, no one's mentioned them yet, although one of my guys at work (I think) noticed. My wife doesn't care if I trim or shave them, as long as I don't keep tumbleweeds under my arms.

Avrial
02-26-2015, 01:56 AM
I've been asked surprisingly often, considering it's only been a couple years. Most just get a "yes" and accept it.

We had a group of friends over last summer, and one of the girls asked "do you not have leg hair?" I replied "no", and she followed with "how", rather than the expected "why". So proceeded to explain, with hand motions, how to shave your legs. :roflmao:

Jenniferbabe
03-02-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't have much hair on my chest so that is not a problem but I do shave my upper thighs and bikini area. I have a decent body so I don't mind showing my masculinity when at the beach or even the pool in my back yard.

CONSUELO
03-02-2015, 01:14 PM
If asked about whether or not I shave my bare legs I would have to answer No. I am a keen cyclist and I have them waxed and in between waxing sessions I use an epilator. I tried shaving a long time ago and disliked the stubble feel that came on after a few days.

Elizabeth123
03-19-2015, 04:18 PM
I shave my legs everyday and paint my nails i shave underarms too I love smooth legs I love being girly I put makeup on I look so pretty I wish I was born a girl

Christi
03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
I shave legs, chest, and underarms for the pass 7 or so years and really enjoy it. had one guy ask and I shared that I shave for a more defined look. He moved on to another subject.

Janine cd
03-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Only once, and I explained that I was a biker (which was true) and have never been asked again. That was more than ten years ago and my elderly appearance since then precludes any suggestion about body hair,

Brooke B
03-19-2015, 10:26 PM
I've shaved my legs for the past month. The only person that would have noticed is my wife. If anyone was going to say something it would be her. LOL! With good in tensions. She hasn't said anything.

jamielynn_ca
03-19-2015, 11:37 PM
I was at the Dr's office today (drab), wearing shorts, running shoes and sporting super smooth legs from epilating yesterday.

When I told her I only ran 2 miles today instead of my usual 5 since I wasn't feeling well, she did a subtle double take at my legs. I think she was actually checking me out...

claire_hollinger
03-19-2015, 11:45 PM
Lol I am lucky...very very little body hair to speak of....no armhair at all, and like 10 hairs on my chest

Kirsty Louise
03-20-2015, 04:17 AM
I have very little fair hair on my legs so I have never found it a problem

DanielleJean
03-20-2015, 09:54 AM
I've only had one person ask in 3 years. I told her that I shaved them because I was losing the hair on my legs and I didn't like the patchy look. She said oh, cool, they look good, and that was the end of it.

My wife told me if anyone asks again just tell them that I do it because she likes it.

Fortunately my wife and I both hate body hair. I have been shaving my legs and underarms for 3 years now and been getting my back and chest waxed for 8 years. I will NEVER go back to hairy.

BilliG
03-20-2015, 11:30 AM
true. It's all about what people are used to seeing.

I'm out to everyone as TG at least verbally so I'm not sure what I'm still worried about as far as people noticing all the shaving. Winter is a convenient excuse not to expose anything though, even in this part of Florida. I'm considering changing my facebook gender to something like androgynous, after that all bets are off. If I want to be truly out I've got to let go.

I'm at the same stage you are. I find it more uncomfortable to be in "no man's land" in between genders. I actually have a tougher time people accepting me with painted nails if I am not totally female.

Lollipop
03-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Lots of great answers here to something that must be a worry to many!

YasminJ
03-20-2015, 03:11 PM
I too am a leg shaver, although I blame the cycling, which I er get out less to do nowadays!

Rebekah_uk
03-23-2015, 10:43 AM
I have shaved my upper body along time before before coming out to my wife, since coming out to her I shaved my legs for the first time this winter. I have had always had issues with sweating at night in bed becuase the sheets used to stick to my legs like glue. This winter is the first time this problem has not appeared in my life, so I have now decided with the support of my wife to own this and keep my legs shaved permanently. I have to deal with my perception of what people think when I am out shopping for myself, this will go along way in helping me embrace this.

Majella St Gerard
03-23-2015, 12:31 PM
I've been shaving my legs for the past 3 years now and wear shorts at work all summer and have never had anyone ask about the lack of hair on my legs, some people don't have much hair on their legs anyway, besides it's no ones buisness. I also shave my arms, in fact everything is shaved except my chest, my wife likes my hairy chest and asked me to keep it.

sometimes_miss
03-23-2015, 12:58 PM
I've had clots in my legs twice, and so the docs recommend that i wear these very thick, tight elastic thigh high stockings. Anyone asks, I shave my legs because I got tired of ripping the hairs out of my legs every day when putting the stockings on, as they slide on easier when there's no hair. Now if I could find them in white, they'd make a nice match for my nurses dress. Used to come in white, but now I can only find them in tan colors, or black.

CherylFlint
03-23-2015, 11:59 PM
Never-ever have shaved my legs.
The trick I use is that I wear same skin-colored support panty hose and wear black ff nylons over them. Of course I also wear a garter belt/girdle.
Never have shaved because the support hose/black stockings hides everything.

sara.rafaela
03-25-2015, 04:09 PM
I just did it. I thought I might be able to go out bare legs. But, I was disappointed. I am a marathon runner and climber, legs are scratched and bruised, plus I have a certain muscle tone that is definitely unfeminine and was accentuated. I had to go back to the hose. I don't think I will do it again.

Brooke B
03-25-2015, 04:26 PM
With my shaved legs its hard also. Lot of scratches and surgery scars on top of the super white legs. Been using tanning lotion to help with the white legs. Even though their not perfect the feeling is just so good!

Tina Marie
03-25-2015, 07:01 PM
My legs are so white and the hair is so light any way. I have been asked when I was not shaven it they were shaved, and no one has said anything when my legs are shaved. Go figure.

Meghan4now
03-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Ok. So I recently had to change my schedule and sign up for a Scuba cert class for me my wife and 16 y.o. son. On a tight schedule so the first class was two weeks since my last shave. I was a little concerned if my son or the instructor would notice. Hit the pool and noticed the instructors legs were shaved. My wife doesn't seem to notice very closely. At week one they were getting stubble enough to scratch her. She asked did you shave your legs again? I said not for a week!

Moral of the story? The heck with it. I shaved again this morning! I love that just shaved feel on my legs.

Gia Villafana
03-26-2015, 02:50 AM
I am fairly hairless, so I don't even have to shave my arms (looks more like a GG when I don't). I am a cyclist so shaving my legs isn't really a red flag.

Candee
03-26-2015, 07:31 AM
I've been shaving my body hair for the last 4 months and my gf loves the look and feel of it as much as I do. She did worry about how I would explain it once the weather starts getting warm enough to wear shorts. Reading some of the comments here doesn't sound as if I'll have any issues.
Candee

cardsgirl6
03-26-2015, 09:27 PM
I only shave in the winter. The only problem is my wife's jealousy, because my legs look better than hers.

Patrica Gil
03-26-2015, 10:58 PM
I don't worry about it. My legs are my business. Even wear nylons under my pants with no socks on and have been caught. Once again it is my business whether family or stranger. Know someone who wears dresses, nylons, and heels and doesn't pass, yet I have seen him out in public and no one bothers him. Women wear what they want so why not men. We like what we like, right? yes I do wear panty's when wearing pantyhose too. My brows are arched, hair is long and colorful scrunchy's are a everyday thing Only my lover knows more.

GingerLeigh
03-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Some stare, but don't say much. A guy I work with sings the "...we wear short shorts..." tune. You get used to it. I don't have to make excuses, I just tell the few that ask that I think hairy legs look like s@#t! Either that or I ask why the dude is checking out my legs!

Maxie
03-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Living in California it is common to see men shaved. I've been doing this since high school.

Natalie cupcake
03-28-2015, 10:33 PM
No I wear pants when I'm in guy mode.

Simone.B
03-28-2015, 10:54 PM
I am naturally very hair. Legs, arms, chest, back underarms all full of long black hair if I don't shave. I live way down in South Louisiana and have been shaving everything under the eyes for the last 8 years or so. Nobody cares, I got a few comments from the guys I work with for my arms the first time, but that is normal since we all give each other a hard time. When I started getting my eyebrows waxed, I had only one female co worker notice. I said I didn't want to look like woolly caterpillar up there. Her and some other ladies ask some questions about shaving, and I told them I shave everything. Guess what, they didn't judge and found it interes. My wife prefers me shaved, and my family has never even commented. People live in their world, and men shaving their bodies is pretty mainstream now.

Barbara Black
03-29-2015, 02:45 AM
I wanted to apologize to anyone that I may have offended by mentioning evolution on this thread. And especially, I ABSOLUTELY did not intend to mock anyone while doing so. My apology is completely honest and sincere. I'm sorry that I tend to joke a bit too much.

Tina955
03-29-2015, 05:48 AM
When I was younger my legs were moderately hairy, but mainly from the knee down, never much to speak of on my thighs. Now I could pretty much use a tweezer to pluck my legs clean of hair. Even tho I have never shaved them, I have been asked a few times if I shave them. The little hair I do have, isn't at all noticeable under hosiery. Being in Florida, where people frequently wear shorts, I have noticed a lot of guys with hairless legs. Mostly older guys since I think leg hair has a tendency to diminish as we age. So anyone contemplating shaving their legs, I say just do it. Let Sasquatch be the only ones to sport leg hair.
Tina

Jillian Faith
03-29-2015, 07:44 AM
I typically shave my upper body 24/7/365 and only shave my legs for a month or two during the short Texas winter. I've had more comments or questions from my two 20 something daughters they notice everything and one questions from a female co-worker about my shaved forearms. I responded that it was cooler without body hair and she was fine with the answer and dropped the subject.

Pat
03-29-2015, 08:47 AM
Wow, this thread is still going on? This thread has LEGS! ;)

I like reading the complex explanations / rationalizations some people have. I'd offer the observation that any explanation that's longer than a single, short sentence is automatically suspect. (The lady doth protest too much.) So saying "I like 'em that way" is both true and believable. Some long story about biking, scuba diving, or other "manly" pursuit that forces you to shave your legs is pretty hard to swallow.

Jennie's rule of answers: if the answer is more than twice the length of the question, it's suspect.

Q: "Why do you shave your legs?"
A: "I like them that way." (good.)
A: "I'm a bicyclist and the hair sticks out through my spandex and causes wind resistance that slows me down and could cost me first place in a race that's decided by milliseconds." (bad.)
A: "What's it to ya?" (good.)
A: "I'm a scuba diver and the hair makes it harder for me to put on my wet suit so I shave all year long even though there's 9 feet of snow on the ground right now and I live 100 miles from the ocean." (bad.)
A: "Im a crossdresser," (good.)

Sable Storm
03-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Nope, but I suspect that it is because no one really wants to ask the 6'2 biker looking guy why his legs are buttery smooth... ;)

c2candice
03-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Smart idea with the PJs at night for your wife!

CrossKimmy
03-31-2015, 12:39 AM
I think these days it's more acceptable for a man to have shaved legs. I do it occasionally and I don't worry about it.

alexmarie
03-31-2015, 05:32 AM
I have been shaving my legs for over7 years no one has ever said anything to me

Rileyaz
03-31-2015, 06:51 AM
I am going through laser treatment on my legs. I had my armpits lasered several years ago and loved the results. I really like the no hair feeling.

Karen kc
03-31-2015, 12:25 PM
My wife said " you need to get a tan!!

Kim106
03-31-2015, 12:55 PM
I have been shaving my arms and legs for too many years to count and the only comments have come from my mother-in-law. She simply stated that her husband (since deceased) used to shave his body and that was basically the end of the conversation. I've never had anyone else comment on it and it really seems to be a non-issue.

Samantha523
03-31-2015, 01:53 PM
I usually don't wear shorts in male mode much, but when I do, I have only had one person make a comment and that was only because he was around a bunch of immature guys at the time. I just told them that I did shave my legs and the conversation was done. But normally, as I stated, I have pants on when in male form so a lot of the time people don't even know I shave my legs.

DonnaT
03-31-2015, 01:57 PM
Tell 'em, "don't knock 'til you've tried it."

Yalova
03-31-2015, 02:53 PM
As I get older my body hair is getting thinner and lighter. I shave my legs and nobody seems to notice; at least nobody has commented.
Lynn

HelenR2
04-16-2015, 11:40 AM
If I was ever asked if and why I shaved my legs I would reply that I did it to look good in a skirt. This year I will tan my legs too because it makes your tights, (pantyhose), look better and more expensive than they really are.

Chris_Cross
04-16-2015, 01:41 PM
Shaved legs is one of the best parts of dressing for me. I've started using an epilator, and it's fantastic. I would love for the trend to catch on more so I could be less self conscious.

Starr
04-16-2015, 07:18 PM
I have shaved arms. legs and body for years.. didn't wear shorts for a while because of it.. last two years I started wearing shorts and no one has said a thing.... other then my mom telling me my shorts shorts were to short....lol

jjjjohanne
04-16-2015, 08:49 PM
I wear pants when I am shaved. However, I started going to the gym. I wore shorts. I noticed the instructor of my class look at my legs. I never noticed any glances from the fellow students. No comments. I have worn pantyhose with shorts in public. No comments. I have worn dark pantyhose with shorts with no reaction. I have worn skirts as a man and gotten a few comments like, "You look comfortable," Did you want to swish tonight?", "Was it a bet?" (I answered "no"), etc.

CynthiaD
04-17-2015, 07:02 PM
I keep my legs shaved all the time. No one has commented, but one woman told me she'd never wear pantyhose with jeans.

I wear pantyhose all the time, even with shorts. I guess they tend to deflect attention from my lack of leg hair.

lucaluca
04-22-2015, 07:53 AM
i don't care what strangers would say, but i know for sure that my parents, my sister, my best friend would say something negative. a lot of them already said that they don't like it an don't understand it, when they saw a man with shaved legs.

i am scared what women will say, when you pick them up and start to undress. does anyone has experince with this situation?

Lily Catherine
04-22-2015, 10:37 AM
I have actually been shaving my legs since a few days ago; roommate does not notice a thing even though I wear shorts when not at work. Then again, they're full of blemishes now and it will be back to square one when I start cross-dressing again.

Chrissi
04-22-2015, 11:15 AM
I am blessed with being naturally hairless, so...I get fine hairs on my legs, but I have shaved or waxed them since my teens. If I wax, I get about 3 or so weeks; if I shave, I get about 3 or so days.
I have received rare compliments, but never a negative comment.

Go for it, many men have shaved legs these days, just as many women have stopped shaving theirs!
Chrissi

Sarah-RT
04-22-2015, 12:55 PM
i actually have quite hairless legs, far hairy than a women but far less than most of the guys i know, when i was younger before i even started shaving them i was asked about them and someone joked that i must be a cyclist explaining why they were streamline.

anytime ive shaved them since i usually only wear jeans or work trousers so no one would be any wiser. i also avoid doing it in the summer because of shorts.

cheryl reeves
04-22-2015, 02:37 PM
if you use veet hair removal do not let it set for more then 10mins or you get a sunburn type rash. i had to do two treatments and the second one left it on for 25 mins. i usually use a razor but wondered if this was quicker,the cream works but follow directions is a major clue...lol

Halestorm
04-22-2015, 10:12 PM
I can think of three scenarios for those who shave their legs. (I included.)

1. People are so busy with caring only about themselves, most don't actually notice you, what your doing, or the details of your body.
2. In the small group of people with the attention to detail to actually notice, most still have a combination of manners/social anxiety and they wont outright ask a stranger about the whether-to's and the why-hows of their body.
3. Those people who are a combination of a Type-A personality, poor manners, a judgmental eye, and a Sherlock attention to detail who actually want to ask you about your persona life? Shoo them away with a ''Yes, for medical reasons.''

This of course isn't so true for close friends, or relatives, but in public I try and keep in mind the odds of a negative encounter are pretty small.

antonyio
04-23-2015, 05:01 PM
I have shaved my legs for months now and no-one has said anything as yet,people seen to busy to care

SharonDenise
04-23-2015, 08:44 PM
I shaved my legs a couple of times decades ago. The few hairs that came back are so fine that they are not noticeable. I feel fortunate for this condition. I honestly don't remember how hairy my legs looked before I shaved them. I started recently shaving my underarms. I seem to be having the same success here, although I shave them anyway. My chest is a different story. It needs to be shaved before I can wear low cut blouses and dresses. I have not shaved my arms and the hair there is noticeable. I like to wear short sleeve shirts en drab and have been afraid that someone would notice.

AbigailJordan
04-23-2015, 08:55 PM
I used to shave my legs occasionally.. only when getting dressed up.. more recently however i've started maintaining them along with my chest and my arms. I tend to wear more long sleeved stuff.. but even on the occasions when I've forgotten and gone out in a regular t-shirt, it's rare for anyone to even stare let alone say anything. People tend to look at your face much more than the rest of you.. once their brain registers the basics.. (arms.. 2 of.. check) it tends to fill in the detail and length or thickness of hairs tends not to be high on the processing priority list.

My answer on the one occasion I was asked was "cause I have gorilla arms otherwise" which got a "fair enough" in response :)

Renee
04-24-2015, 01:11 PM
I havent had to shave my legs in over 20 years. The hair on my legs just quit growing. Because of that I have a jealous wife and have had bare legs for a long time. No one has said a thing about it other than my wife.

Sandie70
05-03-2015, 12:47 PM
I think I commented on something like this in another thread... but once more into the fray (lol). Simply, I shave and love my smooth legs. The hair on my legs grows in patches and if someone asked (they haven't) then I would tell them my hair looks too scraggly and that's why I shave. It also helps to have tan legs. Shaved legs that are white as Frosty the Snowman attract more looks. Anyway, that's my two cents worth.

Tammy Kenderson
05-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I have been shaving for 5 yrs. now. Last year I began to wear pantyhose under my shorts, so far no one has said a word except for my wife. Yesterday I pierced my ears. I'm just waiting to see how that goes. I say to all the gurl's is to go for it!!

Melissa_59
05-03-2015, 07:35 PM
I went to a rather large airshow yesterday, wearing shorts and my legs shaved and no one seemed to notice. I was wearing my guy clothes but i my legs were completely visible from above the knees to the ankles, and no one said anything to me. A few thousand people there including a lot of military from the Air Force, Army, and Marines. I figured if you were going to be in a place where someone might comment, that would be it, but nothing at all.

Sunburned too despite the SFP 50 on my exposed skin, but I've never tanned in my life. Red hair from birth, of course what's left these days is mostly grey.

~Melissa

shawnsheila
05-03-2015, 09:39 PM
No one ever notices except my wife :)

Khora
05-04-2015, 10:16 AM
I have weird leg hair. I guess wearing boots and socks for so long (air force uniform) wound up pulling out all of the hair on my shins so that now there is simply no growth anymore. A few have noticed the fact that my leg hair just goes down to my calf and the rest is super smooth. I'm thinking I should just complete the look and shave it all. Besides, anytime I wear pants my thighs itch like crazy.

Kristy 56
05-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Used to have them waxed and never got a comment. I shave my arms too,and never a comment. The feeling of having smooth legs is worth any comments that you may get. :)

susancheerleader
05-04-2015, 06:41 PM
I have been shaving my legs for a few years. I'm not often in public in the summer do to work. But when I was I didn't hide my shaved legs. Most everyone never commented though I could see them looking. Those who asked about it, I told the truth. I like the feel of it and I don't have the itchy feeling from hair keeping me scratching at night. :)

Sandie70
05-05-2015, 01:50 AM
I try to take a long walk each day and part of it takes me through a local park. Here I have seen numerous men of all ages with shaved legs and no one seems to be taking notice. I remember the days when hairy men were deemed "sexy" until we began to see models with waxed chests and legs. Now it seems men everywhere are shaving and waxing and I don't think they are all secret crossdressers. Of course, I lived for many years in Los Angeles and shaved legs there were almost the norm... especially among younger men. I know that we all get glances at times that are judgemental in nature, but I've made a pledge to myself not to give a hoot anymore. If someone has a problem with my smooth legs and arms - it's their problem, not mine. Odds are that none of those who stare will ever be a part of my life... ever.

Michelle123
05-05-2015, 05:59 AM
I have been shaving for 5 yrs. now. Last year I began to wear pantyhose under my shorts, so far no one has said a word except for my wife. Yesterday I pierced my ears. I'm just waiting to see how that goes. I say to all the gurl's is to go for it!!

I really love shorts with hose. I know it is supposedly a "fashion no no", I still think it is a wonderful look. especially with nude, or tan nylons. I have done it many times around the house and while doing yard work. Wife and I were in Europe a few yrs. ago, and I noticed many more women there doing it than we see in this country.

Candice Mae
05-05-2015, 07:28 AM
Just wear the right shoes, and the fact that your legs are shaved will be mute.

I was gonna post a recent pic, but the long winter has left my legs looking almost albino.

Rebekah_uk
05-11-2015, 09:24 PM
I was originally going to let it grow back over the summer then shave it down in the autumn, my wife helped me put everything in context when I commented about my work environment. She replied "you don't wear shorts to work" and with that I have decided to shed my first perception issue and keep them shaved permanently.

Danielle19
05-11-2015, 11:17 PM
I shaved my legs once in the late fall and within an hour of me shaving them all 4 of my roommates noticed and said something. I'm known for having very hairy legs by my friends and roommates so it would only makes sense that they would notice. Then my GG friends noticed while we were hanging out.

Dana44
05-12-2015, 12:28 AM
I hardly have to shave my legs. Seems most hair is gone. Some on my upper thighs and knees. So I shave those every two weeks. I do have a heavy beard though, no hair missing from there.

mbmeen12
05-12-2015, 02:23 AM
Sister stopped over the other day. I was wearing shorts in drab mode and she never blinked an eye with my smooth white New England winter shade;)

Bobbi46
05-12-2015, 03:03 AM
I Keep my whole body hair free, I use an epilater and afterwards it lasts for at least a month. Nobody has noticed at all, not even my Dr.

Veronica S
05-13-2015, 12:03 AM
Only my wife cares. She doesn't like stubble, so either I have to let my leg hair grow out or keep shaved, so I shave them regularly. Other than her no one cares.

TinaZ
05-13-2015, 02:50 AM
I'm going on my second year and I'm frequently in shorts. Thus far, one person (my kid) has noticed. He asked why. I said I liked it that way. He shrugged.

I did have a female friend on facebook ask if I shaved my arm pits (after I posted some Halloween pics). My response: "I won't ask you what you shave if you don't ask me what I shave." She agreed.

Hicuts
05-14-2015, 04:51 AM
My daughter noticed my smooth legs and she asked me if I shaved my legs. I told her that I did. Nothing more was said.

Rhandi Spencer
05-14-2015, 05:59 AM
Your legs look awesome

Bobbi46
05-14-2015, 10:15 AM
I keep my legs hair free all the time I am also cyclist (400 mile charity ride for church funds the London to Paris in 4 days!) and for that reason because in a fall healing is better and bandages come off better.
But with all of that aside i keep my legs and the rest of me hair free. Much quicker to get dry after a shower too !

Laura28
05-14-2015, 10:33 AM
I started out only shaving in the winter letting it grow back in thr summer,my wife said why u like it smooth I like it smooth who cares what others think. So for the last two years there is no hair below my eye brows any more. I love it, the wife loves it, and nobody has ever said a thing. We go to Mexico 3 times a year to a clothing optional resort have beenn going for years, again was neverous the first time walking arounf with no hair on my body, but nobody cared that i was smooth and walking around in his birthday suite.

Nadia916
05-14-2015, 11:22 AM
No one has ever commented on my shaved legs. But I'm wondering if it's because I have darker skin and it's harder to notice?

Nadia

Bobbi46
05-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Nadia nice legs even before I became a cd I used to shave my legs because of cycling mentioned in my previous post but never has anybody either looked at me in a funny way or asked me why i do it, I think there is a more tolerant populace out there to shaving

Nadia916
05-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Thank you Bobbi! I just noticed all my bruises and scars! I better stick with stockings! :)

Lilian Sport Lover
05-14-2015, 01:40 PM
I understand that dedicated Muslim men have to shave underarms and pubic hair. It is a must. (Cleanness and reduction of bad odors). Body builders do it during competitions. You can always tell people that you have a skin allergy and that is the only way to apply cream to your entire skin. :). People do notice when one has shaved legs. Even if they keep quiet about it.

Nadia916
05-14-2015, 01:43 PM
If anyone ever asked, I wouldn't have a problem letting them know that I think it feels better without leg hair! :) It's feels sooo smooth! :)

Bobbi46
05-14-2015, 02:50 PM
you've still got nice legs re mine i have got a nice scar where A hatchet slipped splitting logs and sunk into the side of my knee, despite this it does dont notice as I am sure yours do not from the picture nothing awry!

LilSissyStevie
05-14-2015, 03:35 PM
A while back I was at a family get together (Thanksgiving, I think) and the whole extended family was there. Somehow the subject got onto body hair and shaving. Probably it was women complaining about having to shave their legs. Then my wife blurts out in front of everybody, "Steve hates body hair and shaves it all off." I was kind of shocked but I couldn't be mad since I never said it was a secret or anything. There were a few raised eyebrows and an short awkward silence, but no one said anything. I just nodded agreement. I guess it helps to already have a reputation as an eccentric. No body is ever really shocked by anything you do.

Bobbi46
05-14-2015, 03:52 PM
A similar thing happened to me and at some point some body started about bikini waxing and my ex wife just came out and said He does'nt have any, there nothing awkward about all just a load of good natured laughing maybe they thought it was just a joke little did they know.Life can be quite liberal at times

chris63
05-17-2015, 11:24 AM
I love my legs shaved, especially in the summer. I work in retail and was wearing shorts and received 2 complements the other day. I do like my pubic area shaved but need another solution than shaving-bumps and irritation. Any ideas?

27th Jennifer
05-17-2015, 11:54 AM
I have been shaving my legs and armpits for years without comments from anyone. I have been asked by a friend if I wax my eyebrows, but I just told her that I just keep them neatly trimmed.

Ana

Launa
05-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Nobody has asked but I get the stares alright. Especially in the summer, no sleeves, shorts, no chest hair, arm hair or leg hair.... Then the arched brows, facial hair thinning from laser etc.... LOL

Kiltie
05-21-2015, 10:44 AM
No one has ever commented on my shaved legs. But I'm wondering if it's because I have darker skin and it's harder to notice?

Nadia

your shaved legs look fabulous Nadia. There Ive commented on them:)

DonnaT
05-21-2015, 02:36 PM
A couple of the guys at the gym were in the pool discussing how one of them had no arm pit hair. He's never had any grow there.

The other hollered over at me, saying, "Look Don has no arm pit hair!"

I raised my arms and said, "Neither do I!" :D

susancheerleader
05-21-2015, 04:31 PM
I've never had anyone actually comment. But I have seen people looking, trying to be coy about it.
I don't care. I like my shaved legs. :) if some asks I have my excuss that hairy legs are itchy and keep me awake scratching at night. (Which really is true!)

Alice B
05-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Only from some females and all were positive

Alex!
05-21-2015, 07:48 PM
As a naturally blond person, what hair I do have is so light that when I shave it is likely not very noticeable. In any case, no one has ever said anything, though I do not wear shorts in the summer when shaved - I always wear pants to avoid the issue entirely. My arms will be shaved, of course, but I've noticed a lot of guys who are clean shaven (I imagine not all are crossdressers!). I have to admit that as I get older and embrace my eccentricities, I am less and less worried about what people think regarding these very superficial things.

justmetoo
05-21-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm in a similar boat, Alex. Light fine hair. Keep my hands shaved and my arm hair clipped short. No comments on those. Keep my legs shaved, but wear long pants. I'm also getting more comfortable with my eccentricities as I get older and, like you, less worried about what people think.

I guess if anyone ever does say anything I'd probably just say I like it that way. I don't need to explain it.

Cassandra*
05-21-2015, 09:03 PM
I started by accident. I was working in the garage with the air compressor running when a spray can of adhesive fell off the shelf and lodged between the mower wheel and its handle. All of a sudden I feel moisture on my hairy legs. The compressor stopped and I heard SSSHHHH. Looked down and what the @#@%$%$%! I tried solvents but it irritated my skin. So off to the shower, I grabbed my wife's razor lathered the up and began. Havent stopped yet.I shave every other day using oil of olay ultra moisture body wash and shave with venus/olay razor. Always get compliments from women, even had an older gal ask too feel them. Sure go ahead I said, and I actually felt proud of my skin care.

lexivanderpump
05-21-2015, 09:34 PM
I always have my legs shaved and wear shorts here in Southern California all the time. No one has ever told me anything.

Love,
Lexi V.

Launa
05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
I just finished taking the 4 ply razor to my white Canadian body and its going to stay that way especially for the summer. I'm going to a class reunion this summer too.... We'll see what everybody says. They're damn lucky I don't show up in one of my themed costumes or for that matter in plain old full drag.
Just lucky!

Tracii G
05-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Why do you need to give them an answer to why you shave your legs?
Its none of their business anyway.

satinnsilk
05-21-2015, 10:14 PM
I so agree hon. I have been shaved from brow down for 3 yrs and have had no neg feedback and could care less the older I get! I'm 54 now and my desire to experience this side of me gets stronger everyday!

Beth

Leighcdmd
05-21-2015, 10:17 PM
Have been shaving my legs for years. I own a boat, have lots of friends aboard and wear shorts on a daily basis for months at a time. Also have a winter home in Florida and live in shorts there too. I am in my early sixties but (have often been told) that I look much younger. I guess many older people like me experience some decrease in body hair. So maybe it's not unexpected. In any event, no one has ever looked at me crosswise much less said anything. Even if they had...who cares?? It's my body.

Tracii G
05-21-2015, 10:37 PM
I wore shorts around some guy friends a few days ago and one asked wow you don't have very much leg hair.
I said I never have which is true.
That was all that was said and it wasn't a big deal.
Remember when you start going on the defensive and start making up reasons or trying to explain why you have no hair on your legs that makes you look like you are trying to hide something.

TeriJean72
05-22-2015, 02:08 AM
I don't typically shave.. I use Veet, and it works well on my legs, lower back, underarms, and stomach. I typically have to do it once a week, though by the time that week rolls around there's visible hair. What I wouldn't give for laser hair removal, or electrolysis. I really don't like body hair. And I really like being smooth. Never been given any funny looks. Only comments have been from my wife, and they were in the lines of jokes about me having smoother legs than her and our girlfriend at the time.

Cassandra*
05-22-2015, 05:14 AM
Had any one tried the no no product? Commercial says it's great on all sexes for hair removal.

shena
05-27-2015, 05:36 AM
I work commercial construction and was shocked when a coworker mentioned that he had also tried shaving his arms.
i had about 2 weeks growth, not nessesarily hairless but groomed, and likened the lack of hair to a work incident. I was frazzled when he noticed.
He quikly told me to quit lying.

Kari_B
05-27-2015, 04:51 PM
I've never really had much body hair. I just shaved my legs recently and nobody's noticed.

Robin777
05-27-2015, 05:08 PM
I have been shaving my legs all the time for over a year now. I hardly wear shorts so no one notices. I recently started shaving my arms. My excuse is I have been having outbreaks of eczema that I had as a child. I say I shaved the hair off as the ointment I use to control it is so thick that it sticks all over the hair (and it does) and makes a mess. No hair,no mess.

donnaS
05-27-2015, 06:33 PM
I stay completely hair free, except for my head. Love it love it!
Get some looks but really no questions about the arms.
Legs are so nice and slick.
Feels so good with fresh sheets! Lol,Yes!

michelle.foster
05-27-2015, 11:46 PM
I have been shaving my entire body for years now, rarely wore shorts but lots of short sleeve shirts. When I started shaving my arms at new job, I thought someone might comment...no one ever did. I find the feeling of a freshly shaved body to be heavenly. I recently started shaving my head, since there wasn't much hair on it anyway. The only hair I have left are my eyebrows, which I stated to my wife I wanted to shave also, she kind of nixed the idea, but I may do it anyway. Nobody has ever said anything. We were recently at a nude resort, about half of everyone shaves some or all of their bodies, mostly pubs. I was in the communal shower shaving, when two couples walked in. Older couple and a younger couple, the younger female asked if I would shave her legs cause she hated to do it. Everyone should do it! It's wonderful!!

Ivy
05-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Just a suggestion. If you are worried about comment on a shaved body or legs, take up swimming or cycling.

My wife helps me wax my body. She loves to giggle as I flinch, I still love her.

Cassandra*
05-28-2015, 03:45 PM
I stated before I started shaving my legs due to a spray adhesive accident. I started shaving my pits as an in your face to a public restaurant. I was wearing a tank top and told I had the change my shirt due to my underarm hair. So my then wife and I left. I started thinking what if I didn't have the hair? Walked into a rite aid and purchased a razor n cream and shaved the hair off. Walked back to the restaurant and waited in line. The hostess politely mentioned that I need a change of shirt ( just local pizza joint not fancy) due to the hair. I raised up my arms and stated what hair? If the lady sitting in the table by the window with a tank top on can eat here now why can't I? After I sat down and had my pizza I realized how much better my underarms felt. Now I shave pretty much everything except my arms just trim them. When I paint I shave the forearm hair so the paint doesn't stick to the hair.

JasmeVee
05-28-2015, 04:32 PM
Chris63, ive had good results with a product called bikinizone, around me its at target, cvs or walgreens

Leah R.
05-30-2015, 01:01 AM
Just started shaving my legs a few months ago... Wow what a feeling! But I've been asked my my sister and mom if I shaved my legs and I said yep I wanted to see what it was like but now that I'm planning on telling them about myself I'll tell the truth. If they don't like it I do not care....

Jeri Ann
05-30-2015, 06:06 AM
I only shave my underarms but epilate what little there is on my chest, arms and legs. I have done this for a long time.

Has anyone noticed? Maybe.

Has anyone said anything? Never

Would it matter? Shouldn't

You could go crazy worrying about what other people think.

Jeri

wearingtanpantyhose
05-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Though I have shaved my legs many times, I don't now. For whatever reason, practically all of the hair on my legs has just fallen off gradually over the years. Maybe because I wear pantyhose so often? I really don't know, but I do love my smooth legs... and kind of miss the act of shaving. I actually enjoyed it as a way to of being in touch with my femininity.

Bobbi46
06-24-2015, 03:43 AM
I have shaved/epilated my entire body now for about 2 years and wherever I go nobody seems to notice recently I visited friends for lunch, it was a lovely hot day so we had lunch outside I was wearing a short sleeved shirt, shorts and pumps none of my friends noticed that I was completely void of hair at all. What I am trying to say is that I think as time goes by there is a greater acceptance of the "male" shaved body than before, long may this be the case.

justmetoo
06-24-2015, 08:53 PM
hi, bobbi,
I'm thinking pumps mean something different in Europe than in the US? In the US, I believe they're women's shoes with a heel (at least "kitten heel" or taller). If you were wearing those I would think people might comment on them even if they said nothing about shaved legs. :)

Alexa Lynne
06-24-2015, 09:03 PM
I just shaved my legs and arms tonight. I will have to go to work tomorrow morning, and I'm sure eventually I will see my family, but if I am questioned about it, I will just tell them that a lot of guys shave their legs as well as athletes. If they want to judge me, then that's their prerogative.

Ellaxo
06-25-2015, 03:35 AM
My mom, she questioned me a few weeks ago. I simply replied that I felt like shaving them. From the public I may get a few glances, like today at 7/11 this man looked at me from head to toe. I ignored it, but I felt that it was due more to being checked out. I'm in California, so men with shaved legs is not that uncommon. I actually see it a lot around my college campus.

daphne g
06-25-2015, 03:58 AM
i epilate my whole body
and yes a lot of people have commented
my answer is "what you gonna do about it"

its your body so do your thing

Bobbi46
06-25-2015, 08:58 AM
In the uk and Europe pumps mean tennis or very casual shoes, sorry for the mix up

jigna
06-25-2015, 10:14 AM
I regularly epilate all my body hairs.
Over the period of time, hair density is reduced.
I feel great wearing panty after epilating body hairs and applying body cream all over my body.

Melody Phillips
06-25-2015, 10:59 AM
I have been shaving my legs for years. Nobody (including my family) has commented. Not a big deal to me if they did.

kryss.cd
06-25-2015, 11:07 AM
I shave regularly and have since high school. It started off as a runners thing that I never stopped. I still run for enjoyment so nobody looks twice.

Bobbi46
06-25-2015, 11:46 AM
why should people bother or be concerned about a man with shaved legs I started to shave my legs because of long distance cycling (London to Paris in 4 days for charity) I found out that if you fall off a cycle wound cleaning and dressing was easier. Life just progressed from there to total body shaving, I have never looked back , also quicker to get dry after a shower, love it

Kimmi_S
06-26-2015, 11:31 AM
I shave my legs almost everyday.I've been doing if for about four years. I haven't had anyone say anything to me ...I love being smooth and whatever maintenance it takes I'll do it...after real girls have to.

Hugs

Kimmi

Kimmi_S
06-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Oops typo should be after all

Amy1980
06-26-2015, 06:11 PM
when i was younger and going to the gym everyday i would shave. it was a good thing for wight lifters and wrestlers to shave there entire body. i kept doing it as the years went by that noone qustioned it.

Rebekah_uk
06-27-2015, 12:16 PM
As I myself have found, everybody walks around these days with there nose in their cellphone. Stuck in their own little world, to pass comment on why you shave your legs as a guy or not. I shaved my legs during winter and found that I liked it. I also found that until I shaved my legs I used to sweat whilst I slept. When I started to let my hair grow back I found that I started to sweat again. That my wife encouraged me to keep my legs shaved permanently

Pat
06-27-2015, 05:46 PM
I started to shave my legs because of long distance cycling (London to Paris in 4 days for charity)

Wow. Gotta respect someone who can bike across the channel. :)

Alexa Lynne
06-27-2015, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=bobbi46;3766661]why should people bother or be concerned about a man with shaved legs I started to shave my legs because of long distance cycling (London to Paris in 4 days for charity)/QUOTE]

What did you participate in? The Tour de France? haha

Jenn A116
06-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Did people ever comment you on your shaved legs in guy-mode? What did you tell them if they did?

Been shaving my legs for several months now. So far no comments at all. Even at the nail salon when they do a pedicure (which includes a massage of the lower legs) they haven't commented, before I shaved or after.

veola
08-02-2015, 02:24 AM
Hair on the legs should not be. But it is better to do hair removal