PDA

View Full Version : One Small Step

Nikki A.
10-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Finally,after your words of encouragement went out shopping for myself alone. Went heels shopping in a few stores wearing my favorite fitting jeans, & patterned hose. Definately a guy trying on heels. No one bothered me even the guy clerk at Payless didn't have a problem(said it was for Halloween, but that doesn't explain small fishnet like trouser socks). Finally found a pair I liked (black leather pumps) just have to learn to comfortably walk in them. Feel like a drunk and my toes hurt but boy do they look good.
Giddy with confidence, went to K-Mart for intimates. Wanted to try on a few few bras to find one that fits right but chickened out to many people hanging out by the fitting rooms, Bought one anyway (will need forms to fill out properly) again as if it was no big deal.
Again thanks to all for your kind words. Without it I would never have been able to do it. Will post results in the future. LOL

jjjjohanne
10-11-2004, 09:35 AM
I've gone shopping for Halloween before...

I went to the store and told them what I was doing and they helped me. The shoe store, I took off my guy shoes and there were hosed feet. They never acted surprised or acted "Oh, now I see..." Nothing like that. Every store acted like I was silly for wanting to be discrete.

Clothing stores were the same way. They never acted like there was anything going on other than a guy buying for halloween, in spite of my hosed legs.

Funny thing, I was waiting to show the clerk the outfit I had on, because she was outside talking to a lady. I had opened the door and peeked out. Then, the lady finished talking to the clerk and tried to go into my dressing room. The door was unlocked because of my peeking. There I was in the dress, with no breasts and a man head. She was shocked and embarassed and immediately closed the door. I said "Happy Halloween!"

Alayna
10-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Good answer:D

Congratulations to both of you! Those first few steps are hard, and even harder to keep putting one heeled foot in front of the other. But the more you do it the easier it gets - soon you'll be pros and won't even think twice about it in stores you're comfortable in!

Jennifer_Ph
10-12-2004, 10:02 AM
I used to use the Haloween excuse, but I think they all knew anyway. If nothing else, it does give you some experience buying from a store. Baby steps like we always talk about. Congrats on your first shopping spree - there will be many more to come!

Wenda
10-12-2004, 02:04 PM
I went shopping with my gf for the first time last weekend. I was hoping she would be ok with it, and it went better than I had hoped for. The more you do it, the more comfy you are. I feel some obligation to be a bit sensitive to gg s looking at intimates, wondering why this big guy is hovering around. wenda.

babe4life
10-12-2004, 02:12 PM
hehe. I know the feeling Wenda. I have been with a friend when she was looking at bikinis. That was kind of weird. But the weirdest was when my friend DRAGGED me to look at the bra and g-strings she bought to wear for her boyfriend. Try looking inconspicuous with that! :o

Nanci
10-12-2004, 07:59 PM
The first time I tried to buy a pair of panties I approached the check-out with them scrunched up in my hand. My selection was a lovely, white lace, string bikini, which I knew I would have to set down on the counter eventually. I finally got up the nerve to make a move for the check-out which was a wide department store counter where more than one customer can put their purchases at the same time. A woman came up behind me and set something on the counter, too. I was rather embarrassed when the female clerk said, "Are these together?" I had to mumble, "No." I felt like she might as well have picked up the loudspeaker and said, "Sir, are these panties for you?" I accepted my change and slunk out of the store, trying not to make eye contact with anyone else.

But amazingly that has been the only semi-embarrassing experience. I have bought bras and panties, always in drab, a number of times since then and never had anything rude or thoughtless said by a store clerk or another customer.

Of course, the key for me is that I don't buy these things in my home town anymore. I take every opportunity when I am out of town on business to buy my lovely undergarments. Unfortunately I don't get to travel as much as I would like, or I'd have a closet full, rather than just a suitcase full. sigh!

Wenda
10-17-2004, 03:49 AM
hehe. I know the feeling Wenda. I have been with a friend when she was looking at bikinis. That was kind of weird. But the weirdest was when my friend DRAGGED me to look at the bra and g-strings she bought to wear for her boyfriend. Try looking inconspicuous with that! :o
No kidding! but you are a bit less conspicuous with a female companion. My g/f wants me to do less shopping by myself, which is wonderful. I suspect she is concerned that I will end up looking like a mutated Spice Girl on steroids if she lets me do too much on my own. She is getting into this thing of her friend Wenda and her going shopping. She tried on some shiny boots last week that were tight and I was down on my knees in the aisle zipping them up. We both enjoyed that.
Today I bought nice pair of pumps on an exceptional sale, and a nice red top shopping alone. Once you get to know your sizes and have some experience what looks ok, it is easier.
We went out for dinner, ran some errands, and then back at her place I changed to show her our new purchases. She like them both. ( I think she is planning to hijack the top). We played cards and then watched TV while I massaged her feet and back, while I was dressed. I left and drove home dressed. It was a very nice day, over all.

babe4life
10-17-2004, 05:41 AM
Wenda, I am getting very jealous :). Sounds like a fab day!

Love,
Vicky