PDA

View Full Version : Shoe help

Emma_Forbes
01-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi Girls,

I need some advice about shoes. If I'm dressing up, then wearing a nice pair of heels is ideal. But when I'm just at home, lounging, I don't want to wear shoes that are dressy. I'm still learning to walk in heels so I need something easier for when I don't want to have to concentrate too hard! :) Ideally something with a low or medium heel so that it looks/feels girly but allows me to move around easily. I cannot abide mules or that type of shoe because I find they slip off too easily and I don't want to resort to slippers because they're a bit boring - oops! I also find that I fall between a size 9 and a size 10. Size 9 shoes are too small and size 10 strappy sandals, for example, are too big. What is a girl to do?

Has anybody any suggestions?

Emma

Lissa Stevens
01-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Try www.Zappos.com. They have a wide selection of shoes and most have customer reviews to help you figure out how the shoe size runs. Zappos are more expensive but better quality. Payless also has some decent shoes for a very nice price.I have purchased several pairs and have been very happy. As far as style, some casual flats or clogs are good. I have no problem with clogs coming off.

Marla GG
01-31-2006, 12:45 PM
How about a nice pair of Mary Janes, with a chunky 2" heel and a cute strap across the top? Like the ones I am wearing in the picture below? They're very comfortable and look good with skirts, dresses, slacks, capris -- pretty much anything.

Shoe sizing is really hit and miss -- I can wear anything from an 8 to a 10 (US size) depending on the brand and style. I'm afraid the only way to find shoes that fit well is to try them on, in the size you think you need plus the next biggest and next smallest sizes. I appreciate that CDs can't always do that, so an online store like Zappos that offers free shipping and allows returns is probably your best bet.

Emma_Forbes
02-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Thank you to all who replied.

Marla, thanks for posting the picture. I actually quite like Angel's!

Unfortunately being in the UK, Zappos isn't really an option, but I'm still searching.

Thanks again,

Emma

AprilMae
02-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Shoes.com is another resource. Every girls needs some comfy flats or maybe try an espadrille.

PS..that's a great picture. Both of your outfits are must haves.

carson
02-01-2006, 11:26 AM
I agree with Lissa Stevens and Marla GG. The shoes I'm wearing in this Attached picture are Capezio Student Footlight Character shoes. They are available in black or tan and come with an ankle strap and a 2" heel. They are available up to size 12 (women's). So Danca also makes an almost indentical shoe with a 1 1/2" heel up to size 14 (women's). I find these to be comfortable, feminine and easy to walk in. Try So Danca's web site or www.nydancewear.com for the Capezio's. www.zappos.com is also a great resource for larger women's shoes.

Good luck! :)

Melinda G
02-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Where did you get those shoes? I want some just like them!

carson
02-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Where did you get those shoes? I want some just like them!

www.nydancewear.com

Melinda G
02-02-2006, 01:36 AM
Pays to shop around girls. Those shoes range from 40.95 at Discount Dance Supply, to 57.95 at Zappos. Same shoes.
Thanks Carson. Cute shoes. I love shoes with straps. Just a hint of bondage.