PDA

View Full Version : What if it were you?

Emma_Forbes
01-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi Girls,

This one might be a bit heavy....and somewhat subjective!

The only person who has out and out rejected my crossdressing is my ex-wife. The other relatives and friends I've told don't see it as being a major problem. This got me wondering. Of those friends/relatives who have accepted your crossdressing, how many of them would reject it if it was closer to home e.g., their partner?

Be interested in your views

Emma

Nikki Dee
01-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Can't really say Emma....I'm on the opposite lock.!!!...My wife knows and is very supportive....and that's what matters to me...I've never told any family/friends...just doesn't seem to matter what they might think...my closest friends are TG too.!!!
Nikki. x

Marla GG
01-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi Emma,

Great question. I hope you don't mind a GG opinion here?

What I have found is that a lot of women are open-minded enough to accept the idea of crossdressing, as long as the crossdresser isn't their partner. I suppose it's another version of "not in my backyard." I think this is because most -- if not all -- of the issues women have with crossdressing simply don't apply in non-romantic relationships. If you are friends with a CD, or work with one, you don't have to worry about what to tell the kids. You don't have to argue over how much time or money he spends on his dressing. You don't have to figure out how to deal with your feelings of discomfort about being intimate with "her." You don't have to worry about whether he will want to transition someday -- who cares? He's just a friend so it won't make any difference.

You'd think, on the face of it, that a significant other would be more accepting than a friend because of her love for her partner.....but she is being asked to accept so much more, in terms of the impact on her life. That's the difference.

KateW
01-31-2006, 12:10 PM
My partner and a parent have been accepting. My friends don't know, though the shaped eyebrows, earrings and longish hair could be a giveaway. They would probably make endless jokes if I did tell them, but I don't think it'd threaten our friendships.

SherriePall
01-31-2006, 07:24 PM
My wife once said that it's all relative. The closer the relative, the harder it is to accept. So, she can watch on TV but she can't look at me.

Raychel
01-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Wow Marla GG you have done it again. I don't know just how you manage to convey your feelings so well. I am always amazed at just how much you get it. There are alot of people in the world that could learn alot form you. You should write a book or become a psycologist. You would surely do great at it.

Thanks for your insight.:clap: :^5:

Raychel

tifftg
01-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi Emma,

Great question. I hope you don't mind a GG opinion here?

What I have found is that a lot of women are open-minded enough to accept the idea of crossdressing, as long as the crossdresser isn't their partner. I suppose it's another version of "not in my backyard." I think this is because most -- if not all -- of the issues women have with crossdressing simply don't apply in non-romantic relationships. If you are friends with a CD, or work with one, you don't have to worry about what to tell the kids. You don't have to argue over how much time or money he spends on his dressing. You don't have to figure out how to deal with your feelings of discomfort about being intimate with "her." You don't have to worry about whether he will want to transition someday -- who cares? He's just a friend so it won't make any difference.

You'd think, on the face of it, that a significant other would be more accepting than a friend because of her love for her partner.....but she is being asked to accept so much more, in terms of the impact on her life. That's the difference.

Marla, I always learn so much from you and this post was very valuable. The concept for other people is ok, just don't make the woman in your life deal with all the hassles. I am struggling with how to tell my wife after keeping a secret for over 20 years. I have abused her trust and there is no good way to deal with that. So I sit frozen in place.

Tiff

Shelby
01-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Well I don't have any sort of SO, but I do have parents and friends. If my parents found out, well I would rather not think about what they might think. But I have friend at work, and we talk almost every morning about my upcoming event that I will be dressing up for. I'm living out my dream of being a cd in public under the guise of participating in a interactive theater show. So she has been helpful with beauty tips and giggling about this. So is fun to talk to about this, to bad she's married. I don't think she'd like to come home to see her husband wearing one of her dresses though. NIMBY is always a good way to describe how people feel about things.

Emma_Forbes
02-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Thank you to all who replied.

Marla, wisdom beyond your years.....:)

Emma

Kera_dove
02-01-2006, 11:56 AM
My wife once said that it's all relative. The closer the relative, the harder it is to accept. So, she can watch on TV but she can't look at me.

Hey Sherrie she can see it on tv but not you? Get a video camra and then become on tv maybe she'll watch ;)

:be: ~Kera

Kristina Marie
02-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Very well said Marla, you mentioned many things i think none of us even thought of before.

Tina Dixon
02-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi Girls,

This one might be a bit heavy....and somewhat subjective!

The only person who has out and out rejected my crossdressing is my ex-wife. The other relatives and friends I've told don't see it as being a major problem. This got me wondering. Of those friends/relatives who have accepted your crossdressing, how many of them would reject it if it was closer to home e.g., their partner?

Be interested in your views

Emma

Well we know why shes your ex now don't we, as far as the people I know, I really don't have a answer, its never been brought up, just have to wait and see what the future has in story for the Tina in me?