PDA

View Full Version : The McDivitt Purse, what will you leave behind.....

mykell
02-10-2015, 09:02 AM
this topic comes up now and then about what we leave behind, what will our families discover after our time is done, our "stuff".
im readying a letter to my mrs. for this eventual day even though she knows about this side of me, ive decided to have a message of reaffirmation of my vows and my position of unconditional love for her and regrets for not having faith for her to accept my transgenderism earlier.
as well as previously shared i have included words for my son and/or any family members who may come across this.... "stuff",

Oh yea the McDivitt Purse, no its not a purse you purchase from a irish designer, It was designed to attach inside the Lunar Module. It opens at the top like a clutch purse or an old-time doctor's bag. The bag contained useful items including a camera, waist tether, light bulb assembly, helmet tie-down strap, netting, a mirror and an emergency wrench. Armstrong called it "just a bunch of trash that we want to take back."

so recently this hidden treasure trove of gear flown on the Apollo 11 mission to the moon sees the light of day after Neil Armstrong's widow shares the find with the Smithsonian, she found it after several years after his death when she cleaned out a closet, so it may take some time but our things will be found eventually, these items may not be as "stigmatized" as our dressing but you never know what will be found....or when or by who....

Katey888
02-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Soooo....

the McDivitt Purse, ... The bag contained useful items including a camera, waist tether, light bulb assembly, helmet tie-down strap, netting, a mirror and an emergency wrench.

A mirror? But no lippy or blusher? :eek: So Mrs Armstrong had sanitised what was in there already, right...? ;)

You're right about the 'eventually' of course Mikell... it's still a sensible thing to do. Of course, I'm still hopeful I'll have given this up before the grim reaper comes calling... Does make you think though... :thinking:

Katey x

Nikkilovesdresses
02-10-2015, 11:46 AM
I think I'll just cut out the middleman and leave myself to the Smithsonian :)

Beverley Sims
02-10-2015, 12:03 PM
A good observation Mikell, it may take a while but all our skeletons get revealed eventually.

It took me many years to find some of my ancestors relics.

They made an interesting discovery.

Allisa
02-10-2015, 09:12 PM
I've always thought that I would make a video like I've seen in the movies where a deceased (rich) relative leaves one for the family. In it I could explain my CDing as best I could and then after a professional make-over show that part of me that I held on to so dearly this of course depending on how old I get near my end and how good I have become at my own presentation and of course if I haven't come out to everyone. Maybe I'll start it this year and add to it every year like an anniversary to show my ongoing progress of who I (was)am. Okay now I've got some planning to do. Thanx Mikell another project on my to-do list.