PDA

View Full Version : Supportive wife, followup

Henriette7
02-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Hi girls

A little over a year ago I wrote a thread called "Getting a supportive wife" (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?217085-Getting-a-supportive-wife&highlight=supportive+wife)

I asked all you great girls for your advise for getting a supportive wife. Now a little over a year later I think it's only fair to write some feedback about how all the great advices have worked :-). So here is what I have done and how it worked.

The most of you girls wrote to take it slow and despite that I wanted to go faster I realized that I needed to take it very slow for the sake of my marriage and my wife. I think that the most important steps I have taken was the small and slow steps. In september last year I consulted a therapist and later my wife and me had several talks with a fantastic LGBT female therapist. We began to talk better and more open to each other and my wife began to understand what cd'ing was all about.We began to have our own sessions once a week to keep talking and working things out.

Today we are on a better track than I could ever have imagined that could happen. We can today openly look at my dressed pictures together, we now shop feminine things together and we have scheduled a date for my wife to see Henriette dressed. A month ago I also discussed with my wife to tell my sister about my cd'ing Both my wife and my sister was positive.

The point of the story is, that life feels so great when your wife is supportive and you don't have to hide the true you...

My biggest inner wish for getting a supportive wife, came true, what more could a girl want :-))

Thanks to all you great girls for being there and for the inspiration when needed.... :-)

Hugs
Henriette

pamela7
02-10-2015, 03:34 PM
fantastic Henriette,
i cannot agree more about the small steps, very slow, and the results are amazing. If you can say more details on how/what, i'm sure it will help everyone.

xxx Pamela

Sandra
02-10-2015, 04:04 PM
I really hope more read this and take note about not rushing things, as some not all want everything to happen there and then and try to rush their SO. I think a year is not long, some SO's take much longer even with baby slow steps.

charlenesomeone
02-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Henriette that is wonderful news and so happy for you both.

FeliciaMCD
02-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Glad to hear you're making progress!

Sounds like you're having fun.

Leighcdmd
02-10-2015, 05:04 PM
My wife and I have been together for more than 40 years. After struggling with these issues for many years, finally in the past couple of years have we come to a level of acceptance that gladdens my heart. Taking it slowly was certainly the key for me.....but boy did it take a long time.

Julie Denier
02-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Wonderful news! ;)

Kandi Robbins
02-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Dressing can be a very hollow and lonely experience unless you have some one to share it with. It feels so much better when that person is the love of your life. Even coming on here and sharing an experience or feeling is empowering.

What a wonderful story and I am so happy for you.

Jorja
02-10-2015, 08:10 PM
See, we get it right every once in a while! ;)

Glad to hear things are going well. Slow and steady with plenty of communication wins the race. Oh yeah, this isn't a race is it?

Samantha Clark
02-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the update! Slow, small steps was the best advice I got here. Almost 1 year into it, and it's slow and steady acceptance, but not without qualms and uncertainties as should be expected.

kimdl93
02-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Seems like you did everything you could to make this work in your favor. Of course, the uncontrolled variable is the SO or partner. Your wonderful wife added that intangible element to the equation.

justmetoo
02-10-2015, 09:41 PM
That's awesome, Henriette! Sounds like communication and really listening to each other helped, too. :)

bridget thronton
02-11-2015, 03:00 AM
Wonderful news - wonderful wife.

Beverley Sims
02-11-2015, 06:27 AM
Henriette,

You are not there yet but keep going as you are and life will gradually improve.

I wish you well for the future.

Nikkilovesdresses
02-11-2015, 06:46 AM
Thanks Henriette, were there any setbacks along the way, or was it a smooth, regular movement forward?

xxNikki

MsVal
02-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Thank you very much for the progress report. While all situations are unique, they share some common factors, and speed is a very important one.

Best wishes
MsVal

Vinni
02-11-2015, 02:39 PM
When I first shared the concept of my CDing to my at the time girlfriend. I did it because I wanted her to know. I had just purged everything to avoid ....anything. I as many do thought I could suppress it. Well as you all know... how wrong I was. I made it about two years, Over the next 5 years I began to buy and purge over and over. Until about a year ago when just in a hanging out conversation the topic just came up. She asked and I answered honestly. A few days later she had me wear a camisole and panties while we played a bit and she enjoyed and benefited from it. So like a fool I went directly to amazon and went Vinni crazy. By the time everything started to arrive I knew it was a mistake. So back went the bras, the hose, the shoes, the makeup the jewelry etc. Since then we have slowly started to introduce more components to our journey and she loves it. Still looking forward to a few things I long for. We will get there together at our pace. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. I'm so glad this is the subject of my 10th post. Did I mention I love this place!