PDA

View Full Version : The Pink Fog

Welshgirl
02-11-2015, 02:52 AM
Can anyone explain to me (a GG) what the pink fog is? I've seen the phrase used a few times but still haven't got a grip on it!

Lynn Marie
02-11-2015, 03:33 AM
It's CDs doing dumb and inane stuff because they're obsessed with the sport! LOL, I thought that was kind of amusing.

pamela7
02-11-2015, 03:38 AM
er ... have you not seen me wearing primarily pink since "coming out"?
pink is so the epitome of anti-masculine, so when bringing out our suppressed fem side, we go OTT into pink ...

the fog is cos we're not seeing clearly the consequences, where its going, and have no idea where we are on the road ...?

is that about right, anyone?

Kate T
02-11-2015, 03:52 AM
Pretty close. Though the pink thing is annoyingly socially stereotyped.

Honestly I think the funniest thing is that the referred to "pink fog" tends to be characterised frankly by fairly selfish risk taking behaviours. Not exactly a feminine characteristic! I say this with the fullest honesty that yes I too have done the "pink fog" thing at times (though not with pink clothes. Pink, ugh!). Typically the CD'er gains confidence, typically through the acceptance of a partner or friend, but then starts trying things that will typically cause emotional or social trauma and from which it is VERY hard to step back from. Most of the time the CD'er is either consciously or subconsciously pushing to get a reaction. e.g. I would try wearing eyeliner and mascara to work. No-one in my business and few in my profession wear mascara at work, male or female!

Most of the time the CD just needs someone to give them a swift kick up the behind (and Pamela seems reasonable and would likely take it in the vein in which it is intended) and told to stop being stupid and selfish. Occasionally you get a CD'er who then hurts others emotionally or damages a relationship due to it ad that is tougher and takes more work to fix, so if you think your SO is getting a bit pink hoggish, just tell them and tell them what your concerns are. As always communication is the key.

Sandra
02-11-2015, 04:57 AM
Wanting to dress all the time, buying items when money is short but they still have to have those items, ignoring what the SO is saying about what is happening usually with the reply " oh you just don't want me to be happy, or You are not supportive or accepting, and even you don't love me anymore"

Everything including family life goes out of the window it's all about the cder and their wants and needs

STACY B
02-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Sandra Banged that one out the Park ,,lol,,, Listen up Kids ,, The Truth Stings Don't it ???

Beverley Sims
02-11-2015, 05:34 AM
I think a certain amount of selfishness and self interest go with the package also.

Helen_Highwater
02-11-2015, 05:56 AM
I always took it as a reference to uncontrolled shopping, the, see gorgeous dress - must have it syndrome, while having a wardrobe full of gorgeous dresses that having been bought have never see the light of day. CD'ing controlling the person, not the person controlling their CD'ing.

pamela7
02-11-2015, 05:57 AM
i'd say I had more of a "pink haze" than a fog, luckily! Kicks up backside always appreciated in such a situation!

Katey888
02-11-2015, 06:04 AM
Generally, Pink Fog is a term applied to a CD's lack of control and prudence over activities, be they CDing itself, or secondary activities related to purchasing 'stuff' and generally overindulging in the way that males can do when into a new pastime. It tends not to go as far as risk-taking activities, but can in some cases - like walking deserted streets at night, or skirting (pardon the pun.. :)) with potential discovery at home.

It's normally used as a pejorative here and can be self-identified during, or after observed episodes. And it can be episodic rather than continual... kind of 'binge-dressing'...

I think it's fair also to point out that we do have some members of the community who are further along the TG-end of the CD/TG spectrum that may exhibit 'Pink Fog' as a release for their GID (Gender Identity Dysphoria) and I would say that's a subtly different story and one more deserving of sympathy and consideration of the cause.

Personally, I can't say that I've ever experienced Pink Fog although the first few weeks of discovering this forum and the understanding that we're not alone and that many others experience similar aspects of this weird condition can be quite euphoric... I do believe there can be a touch of FIF around (Forum Induced Fog) for new members - so take care.. ;)

Katey x

Leighcdmd
02-11-2015, 06:05 AM
I think it is that sometimes our compulsion to dress overrides our judgment, good taste and common sense. For example, I have come home from a shopping expedition at a resale shop with an armload of "stuff". When I got home and looked carefully at some of my purchases I am forced to think..."now why did I buy that..."

Marcelle
02-11-2015, 06:26 AM
Hi there,

In the spirit of which it is used on this forum it normally has a negative bent to it. Specifically it is engaging in all consuming dressing behavior to the detriment of those around you (family, friends) and can lead to some self destructive behavior (taking chances, confessing to all without considering the consequences of doing so, going out dressed before you are truly ready).

However, I agree with Katey in that some manifestations of Pink Fog for some (depending on where they are on the TG spectrum) can also be a requirement to explore that side of themselves and push forward with personal growth. So while I agree there is much negativity associated with it, if controlled with purpose there can be a positive growth associated with it as well.

Hugs

Isha

Nikkilovesdresses
02-11-2015, 06:33 AM
I live in France, therefore it's Pink Frog.*

*Did you find this response helpful, very helpful, very helpful indeed?

Lily Catherine
02-11-2015, 06:38 AM
I'd bluntly consider it the blinding feeling that comes when our self-interests in cross-dressing pour over into overindulgence, as though it controls you. Perhaps 'pink hog' is the most common stereotype and the inevitability of referencing the mirror for most CDs leads ever so frequently to accusations of narcissism at worst.

Selfishness unavoidably comes into play as pink fog/hog deals directly with achieving one's desires at the expense of others' wants, needs and limits.

Welshgirl
02-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Wow, thanks for all that! I'm glad I asked, because the little I thought I understood about it turns out to be something completely different.

Bria
02-11-2015, 11:23 AM
In racing we call it the red mist, it usually leads the necessity to do body repairs on the race car!! In a few words, bad judgment!

Hugs, Bria

CONSUELO
02-11-2015, 11:43 AM
All of the suggestions here apply. The important aspect about Pink Fog is that it is a temporary clouding of judgement. For whatever reason it seems that dressing, getting that new dress, telling your friends and neighbours, is the most important thing and it dominates your thoughts and can lead to serious errors. Whatever drives it does not last and that is why you have to be very careful about any decisions made when under the Pink Fog Cloud.

Natasha V
02-11-2015, 12:03 PM
I been under the pink fog lately but I been testing my control by not giving in to it, feeling is like being pushed or encouraged to dress and absorb the feeling of the panties bras or dress against your skin and in your mind is that vivid mental relief waiting for the moment of contact with any feminine items your concentration very unstable and out of focus. That overwhelming desire to give in is intense I been holding back from this pink fog 3 days. Seems to get harder not to think about it during the day. Well let ya know if I can last a week.

Isabella Ross
02-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Well, I'm going to throw in my own interpretation. In my view, it's really not such a negative thing. Imagine this scenario: I'm having coffee in the morning, and am about to get to work when my thoughts drift to that new chiffon mini-dress hanging in my closet. Soon I'm wondering how color of pantyhose would look good with it, and whether it warrants pumps or peeps. Within seconds, I'm envisioning myself twirling in that the dress and feeling so pretty. Next thing I know, I'm in the bathroom, shaving legs, enveloping myself in a cloud of powder and perfume, painting nails, slipping into lace top stockings. This, to me, is the pink fog descending...

Jaymees22
02-11-2015, 12:54 PM
I think it might best be described as a CD manic episode, I'm pretty sure I'm a rapid cycler. Hugs Jaymee

Jackie7
02-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Well, I really did need the lacy, tangerine colored balconette-style bra that arrived in the mail yesterday.. It's really pretty and fits great, in fact I'm wearing it now. It's not all that different from the lavender number that arrived last week, but it was on sale and I could combine it with other stuff to save on shipping...

Pat
02-11-2015, 04:40 PM
I tend to think of the Pink Fog as simple impaired judgement. I don't view it as instantly negative -- sometimes I can get the fog and overindulge but there's no harm done. If I suddenly went foggy and dressed in the middle of the night to go out to nowhere in particular. The next morning I'm tired because I was out to the wee hours, but so what? Sometimes I stay up too late to finish a novel. Nobody gets all moralistic about the Ink Fog.

DonnaT
02-11-2015, 05:46 PM
It's like turning a kid loose in a candy store.

Tonya Rose
02-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Isibella Nailed It for me! LOL !!! :hugs:

Aprilweathers
02-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Isabella called it for me too.

One moment, you're in male mode thinking about monster trucks, football, screwdriver sets... then a fleeting thought about the clothes in the back of your closet hits. It sticks. You... must... dress... It becomes all you can think about. You scratch the itch, don the gear, rinse, wash repeat. A week or two later, back to thinking about action movies and car repairs.

Karolyn
02-11-2015, 09:43 PM
What I thought the pink fog was, and it was kind of said in the previous posts, is when I came out for the first time, and what followed. After revealing my CDing to two of my friends, I had that feeling inside my body, which was very light soft, as if my body was filled with cotton balls (the truth is that I wanted to transition). That was very strong happiness. After that, I suddenly wanted to reveal to anyone, I had that urge to make everyone knowing about it. But without thinking about the consequences. The two first people I came out to were having very positive reactions, I thought everyone else was going to be the same. But there was that risk that it is not, and that I get bad reactions, and also that people start to spread my secret. Fortunately, I was able to control myself thanks to several people on this forum who warned me at the beginning.

Linda-x
02-12-2015, 02:37 AM
And to think I have always thought that "pink fog" clouded feminine fantasy, and reality. Especially foggy, when new at fully dressing up. You know, when looking in the mirror, all giddy, and saying out loud, "wow, I really look like a real girl", when in reality...... (I won't say it). LOL That is the fog part.

prene
02-12-2015, 04:03 AM
I can only answer as what it means to me.

When I am dressed and I get so consumed at being female, I forget it is to end. I am not a 24/7 gurl.

Like I was all dressed at my placed and was dressed, but no makeup and I had not saved.

Well I needed some soap and stuff at the store, as a guy I would just get my keys and do the the store, well I have caught myself at my car all enfem but no makeup. I was in a pink fog.

Hell on Heels
02-12-2015, 05:43 AM
Hell-o Welshgirl,
If i had to describe it I would say it's like any other fog, gradually moving forward, and constantly gaining on making its ability for us to see clearly impossible.
Have you ever been driving on a foggy road, you've driven this road 1000 times before, you know every corner, every turn. Well, one foggy day your driving
home, not paying attention to life. The radio. the ride, thoughts in your head, whatever, distracts you. Your not paying attention to the drive anymore. Eventually you come to a certain point, a noticeable turn in the road and you say" How the hell did I get here" !
It really does exist,http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=219803&d=1392149372
Who needs Ghostbusters? We need Fogbusters!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Rhonda Darling
02-12-2015, 06:57 AM
Another example might be useful. Out boating for a long weekend with my SO. Once away from home port (marina), Rhonda made her appearance (as planned). Once at anchor for the coming few days, I put on one of the three bathing suits I brought for the occasion. While there I wore each bathing suit in turn. Formula: Late July sun + lying on front deck all day each day sunbathing, reading, grilling, drinking, etc. = very clear female tan lines. I mean VERY CLEAR female tan lines. Oops, you mean they won't fade in a few days? Uh oh! Pink fog effect. I had to be very careful the rest of the summer to not peel off my shirt on a hot day with friends who don't know Rhonda.

Pink fog = risk taking behavior = satisfaction with self for finally having those wonderful tan lines that say "woman" = risk of outting self to friends = "so what" attitude = "are you nuts?" self discussion = "God, that looks good in the mirror" thoughts = "can't wait for next summer" anticipation = pink fog.

Marcie
02-12-2015, 07:53 AM
Many times I have decided to totally give up cross dressing and return to the male world, forgetting my past obsessions. Many times I have completely trashed my special clothes, I keep for "Marcie". This works for a little while and then I find the "PINK FOG" enters in my mind, giving me that wonderful feminine once again. I feel compulsion to once again, enter into the female world, as my inner self, I have always had hidden in my body. This means, once again, I will seek all avenues to obtain woman's clothing, makeup, and a wig, to bring "Marcie" back from her hiding place. This is my definition of the "PINK FOG"!!!!!

sometimes_miss
02-12-2015, 02:40 PM
My turn. Another part of the pink fog, is spending enough time here, dressed, or involved with other crossdressing activities, that it feels so normal to yourself, that you begin to think that everyone else will think it's normal too.

Jilmac
02-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Pink has always been portrayed as a feminine color, and a person's obsession with buying and wearing feminine items, and acting the part of what that person perceives as feminine can be described as the "pink fog".

Sarah Doepner
03-02-2015, 09:18 PM
And to think I have always thought that "pink fog" clouded feminine fantasy, and reality. Especially foggy, when new at fully dressing up. You know, when looking in the mirror, all giddy, and saying out loud, "wow, I really look like a real girl", when in reality...... (I won't say it). LOL That is the fog part.

Linda hit on the example I'd include. Once a crossdresser looks in the mirror and sees a woman in the reflection, the limitations that keep choices in check usually begin to lift. That leads to trips out of the house or hotel that probably wouldn't have happened, purchases for that lovely lady that weren't needed but gosh, she deserves them and a tendency to put crossdressing up a few too many notches in priority, pushing work, chores or even family aside.

Sometimes it is pretty simple and results in no real issues or problems and can even result in new experiences, confidence and stories. Other times, if it gets out of control it can lead to disaster.

PaulaQ
03-02-2015, 11:28 PM
For me, the pink fog was this euphoric feeling I had while dressed, especially when I went out dressed. It was this relief I felt from the nightmare that was my daily existence. I wanted more and more of a feeling that I had while dressed that I just didn't really ever feel - I felt happy during those moments. I liked myself.

I've realized now that it was the feeling of relief from the awful gender dysphoria I felt, although I had many months more to go, and 2-3 months of HRT before I hit the next big milestone - feeling mostly normal. I'd never really experienced that before either.

There is a common view that these feelings aren't based in reality, but in my case they absolutely were. I'm a woman - so feeling a lot better when I presented as one makes good sense. We're often told we're selfish for doing this stuff, but really, who is the selfish one - the person who's trying to be who they really are, or at least express some long suppressed part of themselves, or the person who tells them to conform?*

*note: this only applies to transsexuals. It's easy to tell if your spouse is CD or TS - just ask the person, or ask yourself! I'm very certain that every person on this forum knows whether or not they, or their spouse, will ever transition or not. People's sense of this is nearly infallible, as it turns out! ;)

ophelia
03-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Let's start with the "fog". Fog blurrs one's ability to see things clearly. Pink is (mostly) a feminine colour. Men wear pink shirts and neck ties, but they're not showing up for work at the gravel pit in hot pink overalls or the board meeting in a rose-hued three piece.
For me, as an occasional public dresser, there are several real elements which combine and can cloud my judgement while out and pretty.
Although I am looking better each time, there is still a little sense of danger of discovery which physiologically generates lots of adrenaline. I find dressing sexually arousing, so there are sex hormones mixed in, along with a healthy dose of endorphines. I can end up a little inebrieated. In addition, my contacts while dressed are almost all female... hairstylists makeup artists and fashion store reps. They generally are all really fun people. Of course I have male friends, but I really love contact with women on this level.
With pink fog imparing judgement one can get bad haircuts and things like overly done eyebrows, maybe a femme tattoo and you can spend lots of money you really shouldn't.
The pink fog is a very delicious space and is a great place to be if you recognize it and manage it well.

Kate Simmons
03-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Basically it means a guy is in the grip of CDing and can't stop the compulsion. Kind of like saying the devil made me do it. It's an excuse for not taking responsibility for one's own actions. The fact is CDing is a psychological process. Like any process without control it can take on a mind of it's own not necessarily in the person's best interests and can end in chaos.