PDA

View Full Version : Question/Ideas

Donnie
01-31-2006, 01:10 PM
I have the hardest time hooking garters to my stockings, I love stockings and garter belts, any easy way? Sometimes I hook my stockings up before I put them both on - but sometimes its hard then to put both on together. BTW I experienced my first purchase in a while two days ago after finding this site. A wonderful white lacy garter belt, lace top stockings and a black skirt type garter. The black skirt garter was to big! Its that whole thing of not looking at the size long enough, nervous, etc... Still, any congrats out there?

susandrea
01-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Congrats!

Practice a few times with them off, so you can hold them close and really see how they work.

Then hold them near your thigh and see if you can do still do it.

Then try them on. Some are easy, some are impossible.

Funny, a girl a work just told me a story of how she was in the bathroom getting into a sexy outfit for her guy, but it took her so long to hook her stockings to her garter belt that by the time she finally came out she was all sweaty and pissed off, and he fell asleep anyway! :doh: :D

Laurie Ann
01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Practice, practice, practice or is that the way to get to Carnegie Hall I get so confused sometime.

Donnie
01-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks - that is funny, this am I was about to give up, but made it thru, obviously worth it. Practice practice.

Jamie M
01-31-2006, 04:14 PM
personally i find that if you have to stretch the stocking top to the garter it doesn't hook on so well as doing it the other way around . only a little hint but it worked wonders for me hope it helps for you too :thumbsup:

JoAnnDallas
01-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Make sure the garter straps are ajustable. Then lenght them out to max. Put on you stockings. Hook them up, stand up, then adjust the straps until there is a slight tug. Then sit down, make sure it feels OK, cross you legs too.

I like the ones that have three garters. The front and side are somewhat easy. The one in the rear is a real bitch.

Julie York
01-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Some of them are not made well and it takes determination to get the thing to stay fastened even when you know what you are doing.

Dragster
01-31-2006, 08:25 PM
I've only had problems with lace-top stockings and tiny plastic garters, where there is too much material to fasten in properly. Plain tops (I haven't tried anything over 15 denier) and metal garters have never given me any trouble. I've also been known to put a garter belt on back to front before my basque or corset, so that there's 4 garters on each leg. Feels very sexy! And not that difficult to fasten the rear garters with both hands behind your back.

Tony

TaraB
01-31-2006, 08:38 PM
i learned at a young age. i can do it one handed and probably with my eyes closed. I went through this faze where i wore garter belts/bustier with thigh hi's all the time. Now its would be special occasions mostly. It makes it funner to wear if you got something planned for later to do with them...if you get my drift.:angel:

sterling12
01-31-2006, 09:50 PM
Everybody has covered most everything pretty well. However, I'll throw in a couple of random ideas.

It's often easier to attach the garters standing up, especially the rear ones. Nothing says you have to do this while sitting in a chair or on the bed, looks sexier but not an absolute!

The "placement" of the rear garter is somewhat dependent on how your built, and the way the girdle/corset/garterbelt was built. If you have a large "tushie" , don't expect to move the rear garter all the way in the center back area.

Judging by old cheesecake pictures, you often get the idea that the only way to attach the rear garter is right over the keyhole in the welt on FF Hose. Most of the sellers of stockings recommend against this practice as the keyhole is a weak point and your much more likely to put a runner in your hose, or to tear them. The Sellers advise to attach the rear garter on the rear-outside portion of the welt without too much strain. I imagine this would also be appropriate for seamless stockings too.

Hope some of these ideas help.

Love and Peace, Joanie

Donnie
02-01-2006, 07:34 AM
knew there had to be some good ideas out there, thanks much gals! For now Im just gonna keep on practicing as much as I can, which hopefully is alot cause its so much fun, not to mention so sexy. Any more ideas are most welcome, thanks again.