PDA

View Full Version : Support

dangerousshadows
10-09-2004, 01:42 AM
Wow. The wife left me last month and she took everything... all the clothes - the makeup. it really sucks. Never been to a store to buy stuff before, What is it like? Can anyone add some insight, questions or comments?

desperate in MD

Darby
10-09-2004, 01:50 AM
Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear this. If you need to talk, email or PM me. I'm Darby... I've been through a messy divorce years ago. If you want a soft shoulder...

dangerousshadows
10-09-2004, 01:55 AM
were not officially divorced, not even legally separated yet.. But it looks like its heading that way. Oh well.

babe4life
10-09-2004, 02:52 AM
Hi! I am truly sorry to hear about what you are going through. As for going into the store, it can be nerve wracking. Why is it that we don't look twice when a woman is looking through men's clothing, but notice when a guy is spending time in the women's department? I have found the best is to decide that you belong there and act that way. It makes life much easier and less people look! :D

Best wishes and good luck!

Vicky

jessicam
10-09-2004, 04:38 AM
i have been out shopping for both makeup and clothes and bras panties pantyhose act normal most sales persons will think it is for your (wife or daughter) if looking for makeup and you want to find something for your skin color try a department store like MACY's ROBBISONS MAY ask the girl or guy at the make up counter if you don't feel comfortble telling them the truth right away( tell them that you are in a college production and you are playig a female part ) they will then help you find the right foundation and other stuff to help you pick your makeup that worked for me then i got friendly with two of the female clerks at the MAC COSMETICS counter at my MACY's and then told them my true reasons for the makeup and they have been helps and have given me tips and one did my makeup on day and i got a kind word from another true woman on how beautiful I was which felt nice and i was dressed in fem at the time. :)

Lily_gg
10-09-2004, 06:36 AM
And if you're really worried about going to a store, you can always shop online - there are loads of great websites out there for all sorts of things, plus a lot of catalogue shops too, all of which are happy for you to send clothes back if you get the wrong size.

But, when it comes to the time that you want/feel ready to go to a store in the flesh, just keep repeating to yourself 'I have every right to be here', and shop just like you would for anything else. Lots of shops have really good sales assistants now, who will happily help you and not bat an eyelid - "the customer is always right", right? And very soon, you'll be so completely hooked on shopping (it's like a drug, really, very addictive!), you won't care who sees you buying what! :D

babe4life
10-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Got to agree with Lily on the drug side of shopping ... :D

mchelle
10-09-2004, 10:25 AM
good luck, ive been thru the divorce thing too.
just go into a shop. ive found most salespeople helpful and actually started telling more i was shopping for myself. many are used to it i think.
my next thing is trying makeup, and maybe asking someone to do it for me.

dangerousshadows
10-09-2004, 10:44 AM
And if you're really worried about going to a store, you can always shop online - there are loads of great websites out there for all sorts of things, plus a lot of catalogue shops too, all of which are happy for you to send clothes back if you get the wrong size. :D

Thanks. Do you know of any good places on the net to try?

Also, I need to lose a little bit of weight. Any tips or advice on that area?

Darby
10-09-2004, 11:39 PM

Don't we all, well except for a few really trim and disgustingly pretty ladies here... I on the other hand use an extreme rubber corset. Actually it really feels good and does a nice job. I got it off of Ebay (midnight fashions) for a decent price.

babe4life
10-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Don't we all, well except for a few really trim and disgustingly pretty ladies here...

:D

Darby, why are you so unflattering towards yourself? Hmmm? :rolleyes:

Love,
Vicky

Lily_gg
10-10-2004, 07:48 AM

Um, losing weight: whatever you do, don't go on some crazy starvation style diet - if you force your body to cope on less food than it's meant to, you'll just muck up your metabolism completely, so that when you start eating normally again, your body will store all the food as fat, in preparation for the next 'fast'. This means you end up in a very harmful permanent diet loop.
So, my advice on that one would be to find some exercise you enjoy doing, and do it (! e.g. if you hate the gym, how about a dance class?), cut down on (but don't cut out or you'll crave and then binge - treat yourself sometimes!) all the really fatty foods - chocolate, beer, burgers etc, and trade some things for the less fatty equivalent, e.g. buy low-fat sauces and skim/skinny milk, stop putting sugar in your tea/coffee, don't put dressings on salads, grill rather than fry food etc; and just try to eat a nice healthy looking diet with plenty of fresh food, especially fruit and veg (raw if you can), and as little processed food as possible. Oh, and drink tons of water; maybe even swop your normal tea/coffee for fresh juices or herbal teas. And apparently a glass of warm water with lemon first thing in the morning is really good for you.
Buy yourself a nice girlie magazine that has some foodie tips in - you can tell everyone you're buying it for the diet tips if you feel shy about it, and then enjoy all the make-up tips etc too :D

Shopping online: www.figleaves.com is a really great site, I think it delivers to UK & USA - all the fab lingerie a girl could ever want, in pretty much every price bracket, they'll even deliver to a post office for you to pick up if you don't want things sent to your home.
Make-up - honestly don't know I'm afraid, I buy all mine in store, but a quick google search (www.google.com!) tends to bring up all sorts - do you have a favourite brand at all? What kinda thing are you looking for - classic colours, young funky wierd colours, cheap, expensive???....
And clothes - where in the world are you? I know ones for the UK, but not anywhere else I'm afraid :o

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions you wanna ask offline, or if I seem to be missing this thread (I'm a bit hit and miss sometimes!) - happy to help! :p

Julie
10-15-2004, 03:30 PM
It's going to take time but eventually the need will supercede everything and you'll find yourself in the female department buying the things you want. After your first trip you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Julietta (Julie)

Sarah Cummings
10-22-2004, 03:20 AM
Hi dangerous, I'm Sarah. I'd been married twice so hell has nothing on me. Both times, I was the one who had it in my mind AND HEART, That, that was going to be it, that would be the rest of my life. But unfortunatly, they had other things in their mind. The first marraige we were both 19 yrs. though we were young, she told me when she left that she married me to get out of her parents house! She could have just moved out if she really wanted to. And my second marraige, I was married to GOD She knew EVERYTHING! I never needed an encycopedia or the internet while she was around. When we split, she said "I made a mistake!" I said "YOU?" "YOU, make a mistake?" "How could YOU make a mistake?" She said "I tried to change you and it didn't work!" I asked her "Why would you try to change what you fell in love with to begin with?" She couldn't answer that! She did not know about Sarah (me), so that was not the issue of the split-up. So, I really hope that if this dosn't work, that you come across someone who believes in that VOW that says "Through THICK AND THIN!" and of course the other ones to like "Till death do us part!" I wish you ALL the BEST! Oh, Darby, You are gorgous, you need not think of yourself in any negative way, you sweetheart you! mwhaw! Love Sarah :)