PDA

View Full Version : The wife i never had.

Alice Torn
02-12-2015, 09:18 AM
I know that there were some ladies i wanted to befriend, date, court, and wed, some were friends, but, alas, i was not first place with them. At 60, i know i dress up, to resemble some of them, and imagine that lady in the mirror is my wife! Sounds crazy, I know.

Gretchen_To_Be
02-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Alice, you will always have all of us girls as your internet wives.

kimdl93
02-12-2015, 10:06 AM
It's never too late, Alice.

Katey888
02-12-2015, 10:55 AM
We all sound crazy at some point Alice... I don't believe your feelings will be that unusual amongst us... :hugs:

And never, ever, EVER give up! Nobody can predict what may happen for you in the future... :)

Katey x

Nikkilovesdresses
02-12-2015, 11:29 AM
And the cat, Alice? What part does she play in your life? Confidante? Consiglieri? Purrveyor of cuddles?

Best wishes to you both,

Nikki xx

silkycdresser
02-12-2015, 11:39 AM
My wife being someone who spends 95% of her time in jeans and sweaters, I understand your feelings, which are not unusual or strange. When I dress, I like to see in the mirror the kind of woman I would like to have married, sad though that may be.

Beverley Sims
02-12-2015, 01:09 PM
It is not crazy Alice,
Live your dreams and fantasies as you will, just don't involve others.
You should remain happy.
Of course you can share your thoughts with us here. There are a lot of good listeners around.

StarrOfDelite
02-12-2015, 02:10 PM
What a wonderful and weird world it is. You wonder about the life you might have had if you had married. On the other hand, occasionally I wonder about the life I might have had if I had not married. Despite the opposite poles from which we are approaching the problem, here we are, connected by electronics to each other in a discussion forum for people who are searching for answers. I find that remarkable.

Alice Torn
02-12-2015, 05:53 PM
What is sad, is that i prefer Alice, to what i see out there in GGs. i am accepting having the lady in the mirror, because i have always had a low income, below poverty level, much hardship with older cars, scraping by, and a toxic family of origin in other words, CONSIDERED A LOSER. I no longer care. The lady in the mirror, (Alice) accepts me rich or poor. I no longer greatly desire a SO. Too big a hassle.

Kate Simmons
02-12-2015, 09:42 PM
No so crazy perhaps Alice. Sometimes we are just complete in ourselves. :)

Sara Jessica
02-12-2015, 10:50 PM
When you least expect it, something wonderful may very well happen. Don't rule out the chance.

My wife being someone who spends 95% of her time in jeans and sweaters, I understand your feelings, which are not unusual or strange. When I dress, I like to see in the mirror the kind of woman I would like to have married, sad though that may be.

It's never too late... ...silkycdresser

:eek:

docrobbysherry
02-13-2015, 12:05 AM
Alice, after giving up on marriage, I was married to woman of my dreams. Now, my ex and my worst nitemare! Marriage MAY be over rated?:brolleyes:

I'd never consider Sherry marriage material. But, after seeing her appear in my mirror? It's hard to resist dating her!:o

Mark/Rebecca
02-13-2015, 02:50 PM
There is this lovely part of you that elevates you. Even if just you know it, you love yourself and you should. Please dont ever feel that you dont deserve to be pretty, that you are the lady of the house. It is a wonderful gift that you feel Alice is worthy of being your wife. I think Rebecca helps me to want to be a better person as do all the women in my life. (probably a bunch of off topic rambling)

Alice Torn
02-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the sharing, and yes, Nikki, the cat is the purveyor of purrs and cuddles in my life, my only source of hugs at this time. Kate, i see, what you are saying. Kind of true. DRS, I tend to agree!

Julia Red
02-13-2015, 11:12 PM
I'm still waiting for the clone machines.

After ending a 15 years marriage, I've come to the conclusion that my perfect wife is also in the mirror. I could search for someone close to her, but I think I'm too busy enjoying myself for now.

Rhonda Darling
02-14-2015, 06:18 AM
I would make myself the perfect wife. I know exactly what I want and need to be happy and I don't mind my own bad habits -- in fact, I encourage them. :battingeyelashes:

Alice, I think many of us dress to be the woman we'd like to be with. Fantasy? Yes. Fun to think about? You betcha.

Dream on, girl!

Rhonda

Claire Cook
02-14-2015, 06:29 AM
What is sad, is that i prefer Alice, to what i see out there in GGs. i am accepting having the lady in the mirror, because i have always had a low income, below poverty level, much hardship with older cars, scraping by, and a toxic family of origin in other words, CONSIDERED A LOSER. I no longer care. The lady in the mirror, (Alice) accepts me rich or poor. I no longer greatly desire a SO. Too big a hassle.

Alice, You have Nikki, and you have Alice, and they will do wonders for your self-esteem. Sounds like you have a new life ahead of you, just follow that Yellow Brick Road....

Hugs, Claire

Jorja
02-14-2015, 06:00 PM
I could not live with the woman in the mirror. The bitch is too high maintenance and expects way too much of her partner.:eek::devil::doh:

Alice Torn
02-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Claire, the kitty is Smokey Bear. I was referring to Nikki's post. Thanks, though. Pets seem the only real friends, in these times.

Marcelle
02-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Hi Alice,

The key thing to remember you are only 60 and life is still there for you to grab on to. WRT sounding crazy . . . well I think we are all (not us as a community but people writ large) a bit crazy . . . it is what makes life interesting. :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

Alice Torn
02-15-2015, 12:13 PM
To be honest, i dated a lot in my 30's, and a little in my 40's, but the reality of life, and how fairy tales seldom happen, (look what happpened to Charles and Diana, and they had big money!). I can;t handle stress much anymore, after years in the past, and now, years in the present with emotionally stressful family of origin. The western world has changed, into a very stressful, difficult society. I would spare any woman, my issues, and stresses. A date once in a while would be nice, but my life has been very unsettled, low income, 48 moves, no certainty, no security. Survival mode all the way. No security for a wife. Sometimes, the wisest thing is to live alone. I agree with Doc.Rob Sherry. Dreams can become nightmares. A minister asked once, "would you marry you?" Of course, he did not know about Alice.LOL

CarlaWestin
02-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Alice, that lady in the mirror IS your wife. And so is that furry thing. Fortunately, you don't have to put up with the financial and emotional baggage the that accompanies most marital situations. I do love my wife dearly but, no question, it's a lifetime job.

Alice Torn
02-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Carla, I agree with you. I applaud you CD's who are in marriages, and relationships, with the responsibioities you face. It takes tons of work, to manage a marriage, give and take, and the financial trials and tribulations. I simply could no longer handle that, with my low income, and depression and biploar, and if the woman had issues . And, if she had hostility toward my beliefs, and or dressing, also. It is lonely, having no one to help pick me up when i fall, but better, than having someone who kicks me when i fall. My older sister literally kicks me, when i can't understand her speech, sometimes.