PDA

View Full Version : support and advise

terr1
01-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi,

My name is Terri and I am from Orlando. The home of the mouse. I have never done this before but I am wanting to reach out more and more to my sisters. The more I want to come out to the world about who I am the more I need support.

I am (as I am sure most of us are) Clark Kent during the day and Supergirl at night. Although I do wear some of my costume under my suit during the day, I am finding it harder and harder to do that. It is not satisfying me any more. I want to be who I am but in turn I know if I do life as we know it will come crashing around me. Lost one marriage becasue she didn't understand. My new wife is great so long as we are in the house.

Any advise?

NinaV
01-31-2006, 02:29 PM
hi Terri,

everybody from us has to figure out how far she/he needs to go and what the destination of the journey is. There is a lot of work involved in getting to know yourself and then introducing your new self to the society.
You need to talk to your wife about her fears of you going out of the house en femme. She might find way of understanding your needs and care less about other peoples opinions. She might not be even aware of your CD as your need but rather some unusual hobby that not everybody needs to know of.
Get some literatur on Transgenderism that you can share with her and may be also some counceling with a therapist that has experience with TG. You and your wife need to learn more about your TG feelings.
good luck,
Nina

RenaCD
01-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Teri a very big Welcome to our home away from home. Read all threads you can and join in. If your wife is up to it do it together, get her involved. There are alot GG"s and SO's here with very honest and open minds. There's even a section just for the GG"s (Genetic Girls)

Once Again Welcome Rena

PS I have Family in Mouse Town

AprilMae
01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
life is compromise. Find out what her tolerance level is. If you want to stay with her, respect those limits. You may want to dress 24/7 but she wants to see a man some of that time, so set a middle ground. I'm going through it right now myself, e are still figuring out where to take it. good luck.