PDA

View Full Version : The jealousy of a closeted dresser.

Sarah Louise
02-13-2015, 04:41 PM
So my wife's upstairs getting ready for a girls' night out and struggling with what to wear. She's probably got enough clothes to go a year without doing the laundry! She remarks that it's alright for men, as we don't have to worry about what goes with what.

If only she knew! How I envy her. Wouldn't it be great to have so many pretty clothes hanging in the closet, getting made up and spending the evening with friends complimenting eachother on their outfits.

Nicolesmyth
02-13-2015, 05:21 PM
I couldn't agree more Sarah! I too being in the closet can only have so many outfits stuffed into a suitcase and tucked away in the attic. This is becoming a dangerous "hobby" as I'm sure I'm going to throw by back out trying to lug the suitcase down the stairs when I have a few precious hours of Nicole time! Here's to wishing...

Helen_Highwater
02-13-2015, 08:19 PM
This is the world many of us hope/wish/desire to inhabit. This dilemma is it's something so many of us aspire to but alas it may come with a burden, that being the potential ending of our relationship with our SO. Having said that in the great scheme of things, and not wishing to denigrate the lot of GG's, I can think of more worthy, literary life and death conundrums that require our time to be spend contemplating.

Glenda58
02-13-2015, 10:59 PM
I did have a closet full of cloths before I got remarried. Now she has the closet and I have to hide my things and can't go out any more.

Sara Jessica
02-14-2015, 08:41 AM
How I envy her. Wouldn't it be great to have so many pretty clothes hanging in the closet, getting made up and spending the evening with friends complimenting eachother on their outfits.

Thing is, what you describe is absolutely normal for a significant number of us in these pages, emphasis on spending evenings out with friends. The outfit compliments aren't something to dwell on, those typically last all of a minute or two before moving on to more interesting conversation.

BillieAnneJean
02-14-2015, 09:09 AM
sarah7391,
I understand exactly what you are saying. You are not pretending that your question is one of life's great mysteries. Just a fun thing to ponder in a break from the heavy stuff.

So no I do not envy my SO. Other than what a fantastic, capable, smart, beautiful, sexy, accomplished woman that she is!

But I have WAY more clothes than she does and WAY more shoes, purses, etc. But she doesn't need much to look fantastic. Even with every outfit in the world I would still be a poor imitation of her.

I have nearly 40 feet of closet rod stuffed with skirts, blouses, dresses, and suits. Almost all from GWs. And a great selection of shoes which still pales to some CDers collections. So NO I do not envy the smaller wardrobes that I guess most GGs have. And I mention my horde only as a way for others to vicariously enjoy my stash. BTW everything is in a 14X24 room all for Billie.

Isn't this FUN!

Jenniferathome
02-14-2015, 10:54 AM

If only she knew! How I envy her. Wouldn't it be great to have so many pretty clothes hanging in the closet, getting made up and spending the evening with friends complimenting eachother on their outfits.

Yet another reason to be out to your wife. It makes for some great kidding of each other. Still, I think the evening your wife is dressing for is quite the rarity, no? Most of the time, when the wives meet up, it's jeans and casual shirts.

Maria 60
02-14-2015, 11:58 AM
I would have to sometimes agree with your wife that it is a little bit of a pain matching things properly in fem. But when you finally do get it right it is so amazing and how much selection they have and the end product is always spectacular.

Jane G
02-14-2015, 12:14 PM
sarah7391,
I have nearly 40 feet of closet rod stuffed with skirts, blouses, dresses, and suits. Almost all from GWs. And a great selection of shoes which still pales to some CDers collections. So NO I do not envy the smaller wardrobes that I guess most GGs have. And I mention my horde only as a way for others to vicariously enjoy my stash. BTW everything is in a 14X24 room all for Billie.

Isn't this FUN!

Lol like your style Billie.:heehee:

Sarah Louise
02-14-2015, 12:20 PM
Yet another reason to be out to your wife. It makes for some great kidding of each other. Still, I think the evening your wife is dressing for is quite the rarity, no? Most of the time, when the wives meet up, it's jeans and casual shirts.

She always makes an effort when she goes out for an evening. She's upstairs now doing the same, but this time it's my turn as I've booked a romantic table for two at a local Italian resteraunt. She always looks beautiful and feminine when we go somewhere nice and I'll make sure I tell her just that.

A lot on this site say that they're so lucky to have understanding wives which is great. My wife doesn't know about my dressing, but I'm still lucky as she's a wonderful and beautiful. I'm still unsure about telling her about my little secret though and won't make any rash decisions on this.

AmyVanessa
02-14-2015, 01:00 PM
I get envious like that, I'd love to be going through the whole ritual of making myself beautiful to go to the clubs.

Tiffany Jane
02-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Still, I think the evening your wife is dressing for is quite the rarity, no? Most of the time, when the wives meet up, it's jeans and casual shirts.

The outfit compliments aren't something to dwell on, those typically last all of a minute or two before moving on to more interesting conversation.

These thoughts were exactly what I first thought. But even when I dress to go out, as my wife's husband, I will try on numerous shirts, pants, boots, until I find the right fit for the mood. She teases me that I am worse than a woman sometimes. For the same reason, she refuses to buy any clothes for me because I am "So picky!" If you have friends that you could do this with, the better off for you. Take advantage of that. If not, but is something you want to do, explore it, carefully, and see if it is within your comfort zone.

franlee
02-14-2015, 04:36 PM
This has been the case for me since 1970 after the very first time dressing. When it started it was full blown and has never resided. And it doesn't stop at the closet or even with getting ready. And has moved onto envy of what other women are wearing that I don't even know but admire and want to feel their outfits.

Tracii G
02-14-2015, 05:52 PM
A good way to cure that problem is to go out enfemme.

Brandy Mathews
02-17-2015, 10:17 PM
It is not fun being in the closet. If this world wasn't so mean and nasty, I'm sure that alot ore of us would come out. Why is it that this world looks at gays better then cd's? It's crazy. I have been dressing for over twenty years and I don't think that I could ever be gay.
Take care everyone,
Bree

Hannah Adams
02-28-2015, 10:29 AM
A coward dies a thousand deaths

CarlaWestin
02-28-2015, 10:45 AM
I know the feeling, Sarah. I have a close little email group and two of my girlfriends have just met up and gone out on the town. Not jealous or envious. I just long for the acceptance and freedom to have a woman's social life.

Beverley Sims
02-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Sarah,
I am sure one day your turn will Come.

Khora
02-28-2015, 02:56 PM
It's so very sad that the world is this way and we can't be free to just be ourselves.

DonnaP
02-28-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm with you I only can have so much under lock and key. My wife is a real snooper and I love her to death. I would love to have some not all of her problems. But alas this is the life I have chosen so to speak.

docrobbysherry
02-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Isn't the grass always greener???

I get out a lot for a closet dresser. When I'm with other dressers, as Sara said, we don't spend much time talking about each other's outfits or clothes, period. I often wish we did. But, for whatever reason we don't. Nor do I believe GG's spend evenings chatting about clothes!:straightface:

As someone who has a semi full of ladies gear stored all over at 3 different addresses, I can tell u that having a lot of stuff can be very confusing! Remembering what I have and where it is? And, what mite look BEST with something else is a never ending mental battle for me! But, considering all of Sherry's looks, character's, and venues I visit, I NEED a lot of girlie crap!

I'm often jealous of u girls who lead uncomplicated dressing lives, have small closets and limited choices. Because that's all u really need.

Why would u even want 150 wigs!?:doh: