PDA

View Full Version : Thought I was going to get outed today!

Michelle 78
02-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Hi Girls,

Some of you may have read my post in the clothing and beauty section earlier this week about contact lenses and how they fair with eye makeup, well today I had to go back to the optician to see about getting them to wear from now on. She said that she would have to check my eyes again to make sure all was ok, I thought no problem, but she seemed to take forever like she had seen something in my eyes. Thoughts started going through my head and a bit of panic as I've heard that opticians can see a lot about your health through your eyes..........but also as I had been dressed the day before and I had been wearing eyeliner!!

I had scrubbed my eyes more than normal as I knew I would be going to the optician today and didn't want to be found out!! it turns out that my tear ducts are a bit blocked and I'll have to clean then daily for a while. I don't know but I think that maybe she sees women with this sort of thing all the time and just kept it to herself. I'm pleased she did if that was the case as I would have just had to admit it if she had asked.

Has anybody else had a close call like this?

Hugs

Michelle

Heidi Stevens
02-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Never had that problem, Michelle. There are several products out there to remove eye make up, you may want to try one.
Either that or do what I did years ago and get LASIK done. Contacts? What contacts?

Kevyn53
02-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Even if she figured it out, what does it matter? Professional standards say she's not going to run around telling everybody your name.

Tracii G
02-14-2015, 05:51 PM
I think you are reading too much into it.I wouldn't worry about it.
Guys wear eyeliner too so its no big deal.

Marcelle
02-15-2015, 08:21 AM
Hi Michelle,

I agree with the others . . . even if she did notice eyeliner remnants, she would not have said anything as it would have been unprofessional. But if this is something that worries you, there are good make-up removers out there. I hope all goes well with future contact wearing.

Hugs

Isha

mechamoose
02-15-2015, 08:28 AM
Shouldn't matter. sweetie. Yes, the optics your doc uses give her an up-close version of your eyes (and therefore, eye-liner), that has nothing to do with her goal of providing care.

Unless you live in some 'hick' region, then you might have twisted them up enough to have had to *remember* that it is all about providing care.

- MM

cdinmd206
02-15-2015, 10:05 AM
A few weeks ago I went for a dentist appt at University of Maryland Dental School. I had been reading here that no one really pays that much attention when you wear ladies jeans and top. I wore a pair Lane Bryant skinny jeans and a pink pullover sweater. Everything else was all male clothing . Well maybe not the thong under the jeans.
My dentist was advising me on some upcoming work and had the professor come in to verify everything. The professor was a very nice middle age lady (ok she was hot looking) confirmed his work and as she was leaving she turned to me and said she had never seen a men's pink sweater before. I winked at her and said you still haven't. Her look was priceless. So I guess some people really do notice

Sarasometimes
02-15-2015, 10:39 AM
CDinMD Great reply.

OP you used the ttitle optician, which in my neck of the woods justs sizes and fits glasses and contacts, Optometrists and Ophthalmologists do the exams. What do you need to do to clean out a tear-duct? A really small plumbers snake? Hope all is well soon.

Michelle 78
02-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the replies all, I do use make up remover and I am careful to make sure all traces of makeup are gone, but you never know if you just might have missed a bit especially as the Optometrist (thanks for correcting me Sara) has a magnifying glass that zooms on 10x closer!! If she had asked if I had been wearing makeup I would have just admitted it, I have you guys here on the forum to thank for the confidence you have given me on that one.

Sometimes Guys do year eyeliner, but not in my part of the world, you would have to be very brave to do that around here far too many narrow minded people out there.

Hugs

Michelle

SherriePall
02-15-2015, 02:19 PM
Michelle -- May I add my two cents. It could be that your tear ducts are blocked by the residue from cleaning off your eyeliner. I have noticed many times that the inside corners of my eyes have black gunk in them from the mascara and eyeliner. Could be the eye doctor usually doesn't often see this in male patients. Just a thought.