PDA

View Full Version : Almost Caught!!

Crissy Kay
02-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Very close call this morning. Had a pipe leak in the apt. above us last night. Just put a pan under it and figure to call maintenance in the morning. Got up early, and got some dressing time in for breakfast. Just went back to my bedroom to change, and the maintenance guys show up, call my name and unlock apt. door and walked in!! Boy, did I do a fast change!! Said they called a plumber and will check back later. I was lucky to be in my room when they showed up. I really don't want to be topic of the whole complex!! :eek:

natalie_cheryl
02-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Wow I can't believe that they would just walk in like that. I'm the maintenance guy for a complex and wouldn't think of doing that without knocking a few times first

Alice Torn
02-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Wow! Close call for sure, a few seconds sooner, and "uh oh."

Michelle 78
02-15-2015, 01:37 PM
It doesn't get much closer than that Crissy!! He should have knocked first mind you.

cdterri
02-15-2015, 02:25 PM
No chain lock on the door?

vallerie lacy
02-15-2015, 03:03 PM
I second that Terri. Most definitely need a chain on the door.

donnalee
02-16-2015, 06:39 AM
Had a landlord pull that on me once. I don't think he realised quite how close he came to meeting bis maker, but it didn't reoccur.

susy
02-16-2015, 12:45 PM
really close ofcourse but what are you going to do if you get caught?if this gonna appen to me i don't know, maybe go in panic mode, or maybe i start to act as a really me because is a stranger .what do you think?

DeeNile
02-16-2015, 02:18 PM
This is pretty close to how my hobby was discovered. About ten+ years ago, I had given a key to my girlfriend. At one point, she returned the key, but made a copy and didn't tell me. She decided to surprise me with a visit on her lunch break unannounced. Surprise!! It was already a bad relationship, and this just added fuel to the fire and made it toxic. The only positive from that relationship is that it forced me to face my fears and disclose this part of me. Before that moment, I had never told a soul. I had multiple discussions with her about it. I also disclosed this to several of my closest friends. Once I took that power away from her, and released the info on my terms to the people that mattered the most, I kicked that bitch to the curb and never looked back. She used to do shitty things and make hurtful, nasty comments. I endured it for months, until I faced my fears head on. The only positive that came from that relationship was forcing me to accept and come to some kind of terms with this.

Beverley Sims
02-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Chrissy,
I learned a lot about having firewalls in place long before computers became established.

Brandy Mathews
02-16-2015, 09:34 PM
Dee,
So sorry sweety. People can be so hurtful sometimes. I have family that are like that.
Take care,
Bree

lingerieLiz
02-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Demand a chain lock for the door. You can also go to most hardware stores and find locks that do not require installation. Get your self a Door Jammer, Portable Lock. They sell them on Amazon.