PDA

View Full Version : Your Female S/O is a Tomboy

dangerousshadows
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
My wife, I love her to death... She is the best in the world.. But She is a tomboy.. She wears my "man" clothes.... In fact, She doesn't own a pair of heels, or even a makeup kit... She is in fact, Wearing mens clothing and shoes...

Its kind of hard for a person like me.. Who desires to dress-up to even dress-up because I feel like she's got more testosterone than me...

What to do... I wont force her to feminize, because I respect her too much...
What can I do????

Jamie M
01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
not much i'm afraid other than to talk to her about it and say what's on your mind . do be prepared for it not to go down too well though . just a thought , if she knows of your femme side , it is a possibility that she doesn't want to be too femme in front of you as she might think that it will give you ideas . like i say only a thought but soething you might want to discuss

Amelie
01-31-2006, 04:45 PM
You answered the question in your first line, "You love her to death".
This should be enough to see that it doesn't matter how she looks, you still love her and this is what counts. To you, she is a beautiful woman, don't fix it if it ain't broken.

ErikaLeigh
01-31-2006, 04:50 PM
My wife isnt really a tom boy, well maybe a little. She does dress up for church and has many nice clothes, but during the week it is jeans and a t-shirt. She doesnt like to do her fingernails, although she does her toes, But bottom line, you cant change your wife, and I cant change mine. Sometimes it drives me crazy wishing I could do the things that she wont do and could.

Julia Cross
01-31-2006, 04:50 PM
And to further expand on what Amelie said, you also expect her to love you as you are, in a dress.

Julia

charly
01-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Aren't you doing the same thing she's doing? Now you know how she feels about you wearing her clothes.

AprilMae
01-31-2006, 05:05 PM
This should be enough to see that it doesn't matter how she looks, you still love her and this is what counts. To you, she is a beautiful woman, don't fix it if it ain't broken.

What she said.

Julie York
01-31-2006, 05:14 PM
But was she any different when you first met? Has she gone from Emmie Lou giggly wiggly girl to belching car mechanic? Or is it only now getting to you.

You never know...she might be secretly wanting to mention that you never wear anything but oily jeans and haven't bought her flowers since 1998.

Could be worth shaking things up a bit.

:thumbsup:

:D

Gisele
01-31-2006, 05:23 PM
Here is my fiance, she is a tomboy as you can see in the picture below. She does clean up and loves to look pretty for me when we go out. She was raised around boys most of her life and never got to be a little girl much. Now that she has me I give her all kinds of "tips" for her to be more woman that she thought she could be.

I do love the tomboy side of her as well. We love to go out and shoot our weapons a lot and she is a crack shot (I think I taught her too well:doh: )
I have a ton of guys say I wished I had a woman that love guns as much as yours. I think I have the best of "both" worlds with her.

I never force her to dress up for me when we go out. She just loves to get pretty for me now. When we go shopping when asks me if I like this or that for her and I will give my honest opinion and she ends up loving what I pick out for her.

Just drop little hints around her and after a while she will pick up on them without thinking you are making her. I think after a year or so she will change some and never thought it was you doing it to her.:)

Beth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/Greg3/Jenn/000_0071.jpg

BethGG
01-31-2006, 05:38 PM
You want her to dress more feminine...are you willing to dress more masculine??

SherriePall
01-31-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm with BethGG. We want everyone to be okay with our makeup, short skirts and high heels. But, beware if our woman wants to stay away from lipstick and wear jeans and sweatshirts. I'm sorry, but sometimes we set up a double standard. I can see where dangerousshadows is coming from. I like to see my wife in something more than jogging suits. Sometimes she obliges. It's only fair because she hasn't seen me yet.

AngGG
01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Isn't this the same person who said her wife left and took all her clothes and make-up with her???? Just a thought

Patsy Stone GG
01-31-2006, 09:11 PM
AngGG, I think you are right, the wife left and took everything, maybe she came back and brought everything with her.......:rolleyes:

TaraB
01-31-2006, 09:20 PM
all the GG's in this thread are making me laugh with their comments. i love it....you girls are too funny.

pattied
02-01-2006, 11:14 AM

I agree with Amelie... Just accept that she wears the pants in the family, while you wear the skirts... I could see some fun implication to this. Bottomline: If you love... then why make an issue out of it?