PDA

View Full Version : Went to therapy...

lynnef
02-16-2015, 10:42 AM
I've been having some fun times lately :P

at my wife's insistence I started going to a Psychiatrist ( And therapist) for my various issues - (anger, depression/etc...) I wish i'd have done it years ago!...

After several sessions, I was diagnosed as Transsexual (both concurred with the diagnosis), and it was suggested I start on hormones, (got my recommendation letter too :D ) with some assistance, I actually managed to find an endocrinoligist, who would treat me :D (they're even in town & covered by insurance (!) alas, my appointment is in may :( so i have to wait.... :cry:

however, wife is not really happy, she believes that *ahem* things will no longer work properly.... (or the somewhat squishy side effects) :| but she is hopeful that i (and my moods) will be more better :)

and something really nice, I told a GG friend of mine, (whom i've known for ~15 years), and she was really really happy for me :D (said she'd send me something special when she came back from her hometown)

meh, sorry for my rambling post, seems my writing has gotten a bit rusty from disuse (not that i ever wrote a lot anyway....)

CONSUELO
02-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Interesting. I hope you will keep us all posted with your progress. Did you always feel as if you were transexual as opposed to being a cross dresser?

Debra Russell
02-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Good things come for those who wait - best wishes and hope all progresses like you want:daydreaming:........................Debra

lynnef
02-16-2015, 12:39 PM
I will try and post updates,

I believe that I might have been TS from an early age (one of my earliest memories is asking my parents to buy me some girl shoes when I was 3-4 (and even pointing out which ones) and a few years later my dad made a comment about how I "Flit around like a little girl" (which didn't discourage me one bit :D )

I hope everything works out as well, I should be fairly responsive to the HRT, (a while ago I self-medicated with herbals (yeah... i'm a bad girl :P ) and got myself to a 36 A/B-ish, and my moods were SO much better :D

docrobbysherry
02-16-2015, 12:42 PM
I have talked about gthis with a number of T's that will not go on hormones. Or, started and then stopped.

Worried that their male party would quit functioning. From what I've read here, that is a legitimate concern!