PDA

View Full Version : Is it only other CD'ers who even think to recognise us when we are out?

pamela7
02-16-2015, 12:17 PM
I was out shopping today, as seems to be my new passion, in fabricland with welshgirl, and I notice a CD'er, passing clearly by everyone. If i'd not mentioned to her, she'd not have noticed. That led me to wonder, if people are not looking, they won't see anyway.

We also had a great time both being made-over in House of Fraser ... "bare minerals" fantastic, the beard disappears and wow, all looks natural. My new avatar piccie reveals the day's shopping treat - the red coat! :-)))

docrobbysherry
02-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Sounds like a nice day for u, Pam.

One of the oddities I read about here often, is that so many girls wish to go out dressed and not be noticed. I guess that's fine for TS's, but CD's?

To me, a CD, I don't get the point? I can go out as a man and no one notices me. Perfect! So, I'm completely relaxed and stress free. When I dress, I want to look good. If not hot!? Going out like that would NOT be very relaxing! But, dressing in granny things isn't something I enjoy doing either!:sad:

pamela7
02-16-2015, 01:06 PM
You have the figure and the looks and style to totally dress hot and be out there in my opinion!
Yeah, part of CD-ing is to escape boring drab man-cloth, the last thing I want is to start doing granny-wear!!!

Brandy Mathews
02-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Sherry,
I totally agree hun. Depends on what is going on, the occasion, where we are going. Dress accordingly. But have to look hot! But, I even like to do a formal dress sometimes too as a change of pace, dinner party. The be-all in Chicago every year is so much fun!
Bree

DorothyElizabeth
02-16-2015, 11:53 PM
As far as people seeing, I have long maintained that people see what they expect to. That is why during the sixties, I had no fear of walking down the street smoking a joint. And, no, I wasn't in Haight or the Village - I was in Norfolk and in uniform and later, Baltimore in civies. So long as I handled it like an ordinary cigarette, and didn't do anything silly, or obviously hold my breath, no one noticed.

Jean 103
02-17-2015, 12:34 AM
People notice they just don’t say anything or don’t care or all the above. Wearing heels or wedges like Sunday I’m over 6’, and still this lady almost ran into me at the counter in Mc D’s. When I’m out I don’t look around to see if I am noticed. Why, because I don’t care, I’m enjoying myself and that’s all that counts. I have to be like face to face and get a reaction to notice I've been clocked, even then I don't care.

Lynn Marie
02-17-2015, 04:39 AM
Those of us over 6' get noticed. I try for a classy and refined presentation to offset being tall with big hands and a deep voice. I'd love to be shorter and be able to blend in better, but I'll just have to take what I get. It sort of forces me to go boldly where no man has gone before! Where have I heard that before?

Danitgirl1
02-17-2015, 04:48 AM
I think many (but by no means all) of us (no matter where we are on the TG spectrum) would like to go out and not be noticed as a man.
That is we want to be noticed as a gorgeous well dressed woman (as I am sure do many, but by no means all GGs).
But many of us realise this is not really all that likely hence we 'settle' for blending.
Others glam up and say what the hell I am sexy, proud and happy to flaunt what I have.
The latter does come with risks. There is a fine line between sexy and ridiculous.
There is a fine line between nit giving a damn and causing offense.
In safe areas thus may be ok, in others it could be downright dangerous...
Each unto their own.
Only you can know what will fulfill you.

Beverley Sims
02-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Pamela,
I was dressed in Bristol recently and the only thing that was noticed were my boots.

Irrespective of the way I presented my boots and skinny jeans and boots combination always drew attention.

I did look hard on occasions to see what adverse attention there was but only once out of about 60 or 70 turn arounds did I catch someone out wanting a second look.

Jeninus
02-17-2015, 07:22 PM
There is surely a middle ground. If you want to be noticed, dress like a hooker...better yet, lose the wig and don't shave while dressed like a hooker. On the other hand, there is little reason to go out "dressed" if that means wearing sloppy jeans, a heavy sweater, maybe the "girls" and a wig. There you may very well fade completely into the background, but does that really count as being out "dressed?" For me, the ideal would be to be out and about smartly dressed as a professional in a skirt suit, hose, heels, (low to medium) proper makeup, a properly finished and stylistically appropriate human hair wig and elegant but not flashy jewelry. To be noticed by passersby but not "made," is the ne plus ultra.

Karen R!
02-17-2015, 07:32 PM
There is surely a middle ground. For me, the ideal would be to be out and about smartly dressed as a professional in a skirt suit, hose, heels, (low to medium) proper makeup, a properly finished and stylistically appropriate human hair wig and elegant but not flashy jewelry. To be noticed by passersby but not "made," is the ne plus ultra.

Exactly how I feel. Dress to fit in and why wouldn't you fit in. I've not done this yet but I certainly will. Really looking forward to it, think it will be fun.

BTW I am in South Central PA.

Karen

JenniferYager
02-17-2015, 10:06 PM
For me, part of the fun is dressing up and blending in. I went out recently in a maxi skirt, low-cut top and cardigan. Walked right past teenagers and crowds without notice, and only really got picked up when I paid for a museum ticket. I dressed up, but not so much that anyone paid attention.

Jaymees22
02-18-2015, 02:39 PM
Maybe we have created a new meaning for "Dress for Success". To go out look good and succeed dressed as a woman and only get noticed for looking nice. Hugs Jaymee

Tina_gm
02-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Reading the replies perhaps I am missing the point of this thread..... but from the OP, am I on point with a question of does anyone other than other CDers recognize a CDer? and for that, the answer is yes. But most won't care all that much, and may assume that the CDer is already someone who has transitioned. You will get an occasional problem like what happened to Isha recently, so there should always be caution when out in public. Most outings will probably be non eventful and there may be some good exchanges from some who are polite, SA's that just want to be helpful.

Other CDers do probably notice each other quicker.... I think we are always naturally on the lookout for each other. But we are noticed, for those who do not pass 100% anyway.