PDA

View Full Version : Where do you gals shop?

Rachel Cder
10-09-2004, 07:26 AM
I guess I am one of those members who dont post a lot. You know, the ones everyone are always talking about? Truth is the I dont really have the spare time to be posting on this site. It would appear that others have plenty of free time to sit and write. Please also consider that some may just not feel comfortable and maybe are nervous to post. I just have enough time in the morning to read the new threads. Let me get off my soapbox now. Iwas wondering where you girls buy all your stuff from? I am an Ebay addict. I haven't bought anything lately so I just placed about $200 of bids on Ebay for New York and Company clothes. I love their stuff. I buy all of my wifes clothing from there for her birthdays and Christmas. She always says I have great taste. If she only knew, I am a closet dresser. If I win all the auctions I have no idea where I am going to put all the stuff! I work out of a suitcase. Of course it is locked. She only ever asked me once what was in it. I dont know how she would react if she ever found out. I think she might understand it but not want to be involved with it. I think Ebay is the best way to get my items. No embarressment involved and I save a ton of money. Thanks for reading my post and I hope to hear from you girls! Have a great weekend! :)

Julie
10-09-2004, 07:32 AM
As said in a previous shopping themed post I shop wherever I see something I need, this is the same if I'm buying fem or drab clothes and it has never been a problem.

I have used e-bay but prefer buying in shops. I'm one of those annoying people who if they see something they want I have to have it there and then.

Love Julietta (Julie)

LilMsShy1
10-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Hi Girls,

I took yesterday off, self-employment is great for that, & my wife & I went on a shopping spree 4 Brianne. I love JC Penny, there line of bras & panties (Delicates) is so silky soft & fem I like to die when I C them as well as there clearance racks R wonderfully stocked! Goody's is also a favorite spot, they seem to have sales daily! Wal-Mart is always a good place to pop into on the 1st of any given week to check out there clearance racks. Went into Old Navy yesterday 4 the 1st time as Brian or Brianne & found the cutest pair of stretch jean shorts in a size 2 with a 3 1/2" inseam, they R absolutley marvalousssssss, got em 4 $3.97 & a pair of dark green strecth capris (they called em yoga pants), also 4 $3.97, what a deal! My wife is absoulutely exceptional with dressing me for all occasions from lounging about the house 2 going out for the evening, I'm always calling her an artist/professional shopper, she knows when, where & how to find the bargains! She could never get me 2 shop before, but now, OMG!, I love 2 shop, she keeps telling me I should have been a girl!, she is teaching me all things girl that I always wanted 2 know & now need 2 know!

But anyway I'm rambling, girls there R bargains & deals everywhere out there, I 2 was like alot of U I would sorta sounter thru the ladies dept. beat red on the inside, but now, as brian or Brianne I race to the those dept's.! & with my wifes help rarely do I need 2 return anything for getting the wrong size. She even shops for me in my absence, I so look 4ward 2 getting home in the afternoon from work & cing what is laid out on my side of the bed!

Hugs,
Brianne

mchelle
10-09-2004, 10:22 AM
i have gone to Fredericks twice w a note, then last time i went to a few stores for a skirt & Victorias Secret for lingerie.
used to get stuff just online but am trying more in person now

Charlotte Elizabeth
10-09-2004, 11:42 AM
being the shy type, I use either mail order catalogues or shop online.

babe4life
10-09-2004, 12:01 PM
I would love to buy more regularly on EBay, but since most people use PayPal, I can't. PayPal doesn't accept South African credit cards :(. I have used Western Union though for payments with great success.

As for online shopping, we have about three major retailers with an online presence to some extent, although they tend to carry a very limited range. And ony one of them is worthwhile using at all. In fact the one is really quite pathetic and it is one of the biggest groups in the country. I placed an order for things almost two months ago already! Still not arrived.

We don't have catalogue shopping either, so if I want something, I generally have to go to the shops to get it. Then I head for the less expensive places more often than not. Not always the best quality, but not bad for the price. And besides, it is not like I get the chance to wear it everyday in any event (more's the pity!)

Love,
Vicky

GraceUSA
10-09-2004, 06:12 PM
I have to say the stores in the malls around me. I have one small mall down the street that I used to pop in all the time, another not far from the route I take to my brothers (about 4 miles away) and another really nice one with lots of high end shops I can only dream of buying things there that is on the way to where most of my friends live.

Fabric and fit are very important to me so trying things on are almost a must. I"ve tried mail order in the past but was always disappointed with the garment.

Grace

JoannaDees
10-09-2004, 06:51 PM
JCPenney, Macy's and Mervyn's for clothes and bras. VS for panties. And LilMsShy1 ... I am SOOOOOOOO jealous! Your wife sounds absolutely lovely!

Jen_TGCD
10-09-2004, 11:07 PM
Lately, I have been buying mostly online, do to the fact that I'm too friggin' tired to go shopping... which is a 25 mile drive to the "city", fighting all the traffic and then a long drive back home. (Working way too much, these days.) The local shops are mostly cheap "teen" stuff and I try to boycott WalMart as much as possible... but they always seem to have really cute blouses that I can't pass up. They have a fun "costume" jewelry dept. too. Generally, though, if I see something I like... I just buy it. It's amusing to me, to be out buying women's clothing... I often get that funny look from the sales person, but once I show my credit card... they sober up and suddenly get real friendly.

Coldwater Creek www.coldwatercreek.com (http://www.coldwatercreek.com/) has great quality clothing that is a bit pricy but their "Outlet" has incredible prices and twice a year they have a 70% off sale on the whole site. US$120 dresses for $36... or $70 blouses for less than $20. And, trust me... there is a difference in clothing from a better store like this one... the cut is more comfortable, the quality of fabric is luscious, seams never come undone, buttons stay on... and they sell a lot of broomstick skirts!!! (Yea!!!) The last one I bought was a full circle skirt made from a heavy rayon floral jacquard material. Very swingy and lush, with just a hint of sheen... $22.50. Anyway... if you like their styles... you'll love their sales!!!

ShadowLine www.shadowline-lingerie.com (http://www.shadowline-lingerie.com/) is another favorite. If you like luscious sleepwear or luxurious lingerie that fits men's bodies better than most I have found... this is the place for you. They sell stretch panties that really fit well and also sell nylon gusset briefs that are so rare. Not much on the "sexy" side but the fabrics are incredible. They also have amazing sales... up to 70% off... about two or three times a year.

Both sites get my order to me in 4 or 5 days, so I don't have to wait too long and they have a great return policy... although I have never sent anything back.

Well... that's where my expenable income goes!!! :o