PDA

View Full Version : Arithmetic 101, what does Dressing cost you per week?

ophelia
02-26-2015, 12:36 PM
I just went through one of those sessions at the bank where you list all of your expenses.
I did not mention my crossdressing costs. I don't really know them, aside from trying to keep them down wherever possible. I don't dress a lot. It is probably five to ten dollars a week.
I am going to try to keep a tally this year.
So what does it cost you sisters per week, per month, last year?

Sarah Doepner
02-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Right now I couldn't come up with the records but I know I spend regularly at thrift stores, for replacement make up and saving for a trip to Las Vegas next month. That trip will wipe my budget out for quite a while, but that's why I save. I don't eat out often and rarely stop for coffee at a coffee shop, so that money is diverted to my closet, maybe $20 - $30 a week. The biggest cost for me is time.

I spend a lot of time in crossdressing related activities and thoughts that might be applied elsewhere. For instance, once I'm dressed at home it's unlikely that I'll clean the basement because I want to be able to respond should I have an unexpected visitor and being in the basement prevents that. Being out of the closet to those visitors may be the answer to that, but in the meantime I wander about thinking about what will better match my new skirt than getting control over the clutter in my basement.

Helen_Highwater
02-26-2015, 01:07 PM
Being a bit of a nurd I keep a record of what I buy partly as a way of keeping it under control.

2012 - £280 Briefs/slip, wigs x 2. MakeUp. 2x handbags. Coat, Scarf, belt, Shoes
2013 - £450 buying 2 coats, Skirts x2, Jewelry, 5 x False Nails, 4 dresses, Handbag, Forms, Makeup, 2 wigs, Black Ankle boots, plus a few bits and bobs
2104 - £45 3 x dresses + 1 top

this year so far £40. 2 skirts + jewelry

I do lust after all the lovely clothing out there but in addition to keeping a spending record I keep an inventory of all my stuff and with even my, by some standards here, limited wardrobe I can see I have too much to choose from already. But hey you do need to keep pace with the fashion.

Isabella Ross
02-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Wig: $100. Panties and nylons: $120. Dresses and makeup: $300. Feeling pretty, feminine and complete: priceless.

pamela7
02-26-2015, 01:23 PM
erm, having opened pandora's box since christmas we are too scared to open the latest credit card statement. ;-)
i am sure it will settle down in time.

$ 2500 US in 6 weeks, but i think that's the wardrobe sorted for now ... "she says"!

was that the pink fog everyone talks about?

natalie_cheryl
02-26-2015, 01:26 PM
A year is easiest for me too figure, and that's probably close to 1200 ..... YIKES!

Beverley Sims
02-26-2015, 01:30 PM
My last four months,
Cardigan in Chicago, $14.
Wigs in Hollywood, 2 for $35
Jeans in Seattle, $12
Bras in NY, $15
Assorted underwear in Boston $23.
Light Blouse in New Orleans $9.
Tights in Montreal, $8.
Leggings in Berlin, €25.
Inflatable bras in London £42
They were a special purchase I had wanted to get.
New Boots in Edinburgh £25
Bathers in Singapore, SGD$30
Well about US$350
Normally I spend about ten dollars a week on my dressing and makeup escapades.

deebra
02-26-2015, 01:58 PM
What ever it is it's a cheap price for the pleasure it brings and worth every dollar. Compare this to the cost of a boat, fishing, hunting, new truck or sports car. None of the afore mentioned bring the pleasure of getting dressed in a new outfit!!!!

Kate Simmons
02-26-2015, 02:02 PM
How can you really put a price on feeling good? :)

junetv
02-26-2015, 02:05 PM
less than therapy or recreational drugs

Sarah-RT
02-26-2015, 02:22 PM
per week is usually 0 but maybe per month is 50-80 Euro on splurges on amazon. i actually spend less on drab clothes which i wear daily but thats usually down to not liking the styles they have these days. I mostly wear Tee's with logos or stuff on them and jeans, ironically I could just do that en femme

DeeArel
02-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Minimum, $100 per week.

Trish
02-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Last year I started to make note of all my fem expenses. About September, I lost track. It's far less than what I spent on my other hobby, cars.

ophelia
02-26-2015, 05:11 PM
How can you really put a price on feeling good? :)

Well the truth is that thinks cost money. I am curious what other sisters are spending and where I fall in the mix.
Of course each of us think it's worth the dollars.

kimdl93
02-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Maybe $200 per month, but that is an average.

YvonneDreams
02-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Being early in career I've spent about $400 This month, but that's more of a start up cost than anything. No way I can keep that up! But I feel I have the basics covered bras, panties, nylons a couple pair of shoes and 2 dresses. Hope fully I can keep the cost down, I just see things and think how pretty they are and would be on me.

Kate Simmons
02-26-2015, 08:13 PM
I have most of my wardrobe so maintenance costs usually just hover around $25 per month for makeup, etc. :)

Khora
02-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Why do guys always have to have expensive hobbies?? :D

BLUE ORCHID
02-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Hi Ophelia, I have really cut back maybe an occasional top or a pair of heels from PayLess,
I know that my collection has to have pa$$ed the five figure mark.:daydreaming:

flatlander_48
02-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Why do guys always have to have expensive hobbies?? :D

You mean compared to Drinkin' & Chasin'?

Anyway, so far for December, January and February: ~ $350

That's probably representative, but there is a lot of fluctuation. I have all of my records for the last 8-10 years, but no motivation to go through them all...

DeeAnn

Khora
02-26-2015, 10:37 PM
I mean from buying car parts for my Mustang, buying some new piece of A/V equipment for my home theater or buying those strappy heels that I just HAVE to have...and of course if you buy heels you'll need to get a new outfit to go with them. :D

flatlander_48
02-26-2015, 11:41 PM
Same Thing, Only Different...

I drive a 2009 fJCW MINI Clubman. I've owned it since new. I haven't done much to it, but so far it has a quick shift kit, a MINI-Do-More receiver hitch and handmade shift knob and E-Brake handle of Claro Walnut. In another week or 2 it'll have new brakes, including performance RedStuff pads by EBC. In the near future I'd like to add a Strut Brace, a titanium heat shield to help protect the non-functioning hood scoop trim (MINI's like to fry those) and a new set of wheels.

There's a motorsports book or 2 that I would like to add to my collection, as well as a new DVD about BMW's history in various touring car series called ADRENALINE. And, there's always room for another collectable die cast.

And, before you know it, the 6-Hour weekend at The Glen will be upon us at the end of June. A full weekend ticket is ~ $90.

Actually, what I should be doing is buying a helmet and schedule a track day or 2...

DeeAnn

bridget thronton
02-27-2015, 02:27 AM
I think $10 or $20 a week

Adriana Moretti
02-27-2015, 03:18 AM
I dont think its that much per week...it depends on where you are at, and your level I guess, if you have a wardrobe, and full makeup kit..it isnt much to maintain ...if you obsess over shoes and pantys though....i guess you could drop some serious coin.....its like any other hobby i guess ..and i use that word lightly.....but you can ball on a budget if you are a smart shopper.

Jenny Elwood
02-27-2015, 03:57 AM
The monetary cost is nothing compared to the cost effected in terms of wasted time, relationship with your wife and the fact that it detracts from your spiritual growth.

Nolwenn Elizabeth
02-27-2015, 09:29 AM
As you all may know, mathis not something I'm going to engage in. Only bad things come from it. I happen to know exactly what I spent this year because I just bought supplies for the 1st time in a few years. $220.00 That's 2 wigs, a corset, breast forms and a bra. And shipping. :eek: I can't afford anything else now for a while, though I saw a really nice dress but it wasn't in my size. :Angry3:It had a tight skirt and sort of a halter top. I want to get a nice slinky, comfy skirt and blouse combo. Well, I like open back so I can feel the wig. I love soft things against my body. Previously, I could only afford wigs and one outfit. I really just like to lay around the house dressed in a dress or skirt. I don't ever leave and go out. Just not my thing.

Dawnie

Jackie7
02-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Between $100 and $200 a month for me, most of the time, but doubled because I've found that shopping with (and for) my darling wife goes a loooooong way toward acceptance and domestic harmony. All attention on clothes and accessories for Jackie, not so good. Equal time and attention on her looking good, now that's truly priceless.

Katey888
02-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Hmmmm... I don't have many other major expenditure hobbies, but...

Less than I spend on golf...

Less than I spend on :wine:

Less than I spend on just keeping my car on the road with tax and insurance...

Events can probably get expensive with event costs, hotel bills, travel, etc. but they are so much fun too... :D

Makeup need not be expensive, but wigs can be, a few new gowns too... it really all depends on what you're doing it for..??? :thinking:

Easily less than $1000 a year, and that includes events... so much less last year (only one outing) - probably half that. :)

But isn't it really what you do it for and whether you can afford not to do it..???

Katey x