PDA

View Full Version : I love the cover of darkness!

allie45
03-04-2015, 12:37 AM
I just rode around our neighborhood on my bicycle dressed.
It is late and dark, so I was talked into a ride by my wife.
we rode around for about 20 minutes. not long, but it felt great to be out doing something "normal".
Of course I was nervous every time a car came by, but I got through another first!

AngelaYVR
03-04-2015, 12:43 AM
Good for you on taking the plunge! My first foray into the larger world was on the scooter in my avatar, I remember that evening fondly. After a few outings you be glad of the sunshine and raring to go out in it.

ange_o
03-04-2015, 07:14 AM
Thats fantastic. I am envious as I love to go out at night when I can however it is tempered by the risk in doing it alone.

kimdl93
03-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Now you've taken one of the inevitable first steps. Your first foray in daylight won't be far away. You'll love it!

Katey888
03-04-2015, 08:09 AM
Of course you have my applause.... :cheer: but I can't help wondering...

Were you dressed like a sporty girl cyclist in lycra and spandex on a sporty bike...?
Or...
Was it more traditional like Mary Poppins and a bike with a basket on the front...? :battingeyelashes:

Or somewhere in between...?

Somehow the image of Mary Poppins on a bike in downtown Houston at night is going to play on my mind... :D

Do tell...

Katey x

deebra
03-04-2015, 08:49 AM
Now that's what you call "A Good Wife", better than the T.V. show "The Good Wife'. That's also LOVE, her love for her mate.

allie45
03-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Angela, I have been thinking about getting a scooter to ride around dressed, I have a motorcycle, but a leather jacket and a full face helmet isn't very girlie!

I am not sure about a daytime ride locally, but I am going to provincetown in may and plan to ride the dunes all dressed up!
I was not exactly Mary Poppins! but that does sound like fun, I will look into an outfit!
I actually had on a polkadot dress with a denim jacket and sandals, very cute, even if I do say so myself!

Beverley Sims
03-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Once you get used to it the cover of a crowded mall and daylight has more to offer and is safer.

docrobbysherry
03-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Tree in the woods question:
If a CD goes out at nite and on one sees her, does it still count as going out dressed?

allie45
03-04-2015, 11:36 AM
I stopped by every car mirror just to do a make-up check!

Stephanie47
03-04-2015, 02:14 PM
I only wear dresses, so bicycle riding may be out of the question. However, the times I have ventured forth into the world it has been in the evening. I usually drive to a very safe residential area of my small city, park the car and stroll. There is a small shopping area of several streets with two grocery stores, many blocks of businesses and restaurants, so there is always some foot traffic on the streets lined with homes. It's even better strolling weather when there is a gently falling rain typical of the Pacific Northwest. Out comes the umbrella which is great for hiding my masculine face. When I first started my strolling I wore heels with a three inch narrow heel. Well, the clicking sound on the concrete may be great, if you're a natural women trying to turn heads, but, for me it was OMG. I bought two pairs of flats (one inch heel) with a sole and heel with deadening material: much quieter. I really love the cool air caressing my stocking covered legs, and, having the breeze flirt with my dress and slip.

BillieJoEllen
03-05-2015, 04:08 PM
In the summer months I ride my bike about fifteen miles every night. I am always fully dressed in the appropriate undies, leggings and sweatshirt. I'm also sporting my women's jogging shoes and footie socks. Once in awhile I'll use makeup. I go usually between ten and one. The drunks are still in the bars so I feel the streets are fairly safe and only two or three times has anybody ever said anything to me.

AmyVanessa
03-05-2015, 07:46 PM
That sounds like fun, I want to try that when the weather gets warmer here.
I like walking around the block at night in my heels, practicing my fem walking.

Ms.Kenadie
03-06-2015, 04:36 AM
Good for you! I used to go walking at the college track at night, well lit area, campus security, etc. It is an awesome feeling to go out and do something dressed ;)

Marcelle
03-06-2015, 04:39 AM
Hi Allie . . . CONGRATS! As many have already said the first step (day or night) is always the hardest. Be advised though, going out is addictive and once you start it just keeps on going. As you get more comfortable the apprehension of cars or people approaching will dwindle.

Hugs

Isha

"Gabriela"
03-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a very original and fun way to take your femme side to the outer world for the first time :D Congrats!

valeriesue
03-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Congratulations on your fun outing. It must of been very fulfilling to get out into the real world.

Anna Stouf
03-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Wow, that brings back memories! I started CDing in 1968 (before that it was just experimenting) and I remember riding my bicycle at night while dressed. It was different back then, you had to be really, really careful. Luckily I never had any trouble. But, oh what a rush!

Congrats on your ride, and having such a supporting wife. I'm happy for you.

And thanks for the memories.

Anna