PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning out my closet

Sarah-RT
03-04-2015, 12:06 PM
So I'm sitting here typing this having a cigarette break,I decided to finally get around to sorting through and tidying all the clothing and accessories I have.

I've organised everything into piles, tops, dresses, skirts,bras etc..
its actually funny to look at it because it feels like looking at a teen girls messy bedroom, sort of trying to stop myself from throwing them around the room to get the full effect.

I figured this was needed as I've grown into adopting an image/style for myself as I've often said that when I was younger I would buy anything just to cross dress as opposed to being a style and most of what I own is just random pieces bought for various reasons that don't match or suit the style I like,as well as being some of the very first items I ever had that have far outgrown me from 10 years ago or items I've bought in the recent past that are just the wrong size now that I have a better understanding of sizing.

I've decided to dump some of the more racy numbers as I feel they have no real use, as well as I'm trying to steer myself away from the sexual end of things as I feel this causes some negative thinking towards dressing in my mind as I want to stay in the ''comfortable/acceptance'' mindset which I never really had before.

One of the fun sides of this is getting to try on my whole collection ''I have nothing to wear..'' springs to mind. on a downside of it though I have been feeling a bit, how should I say, Satisfied lately, In terms of I've lost the urge to dress a bit as of recent, right when I was beginning to become better at it, and feel better about it too, It always seems like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back when it comes to dressing and the mindset but I know it will come back and the hope is that I will have organised everything properly and that when I do it'll be easier to jump back into.

Some of the items being cut from the team are hilarious, I have a pair of inflatable breasts from a joke shop before I got a pair of gel inserts that are also being cut because of the forms I had bought.

Just wanted to post this little summary of my afternoon.
Anyone have any similar stories, or funny experiences?

Sarah

marsha leanne
03-04-2015, 12:18 PM
sarah, you are right on schedule! All girls go through their wardrobe from time to time. Its just part of being girly! You are growing in your comfort and ability and your clothes reflect that. enjoy the moment, redefine your wardrobe and keep on going!

Beverley Sims
03-04-2015, 01:10 PM
I have similar afternoons, I take stuff out of the Archive, a plastic bag.... and change it over for what's in the wardrobe.

Still having nothing to wear, I then go shopping. :)

cdterri
03-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Just did the same thing, took 3 huge bags to the salvation army.Dresses,skirts,tops,shoes etc. Still have 2 dressers and a walk in closet full. And "NOTHING TO WEAR!"

Jaymees22
03-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Yes I've done this recently and helped my wife clean out some of her things too, which somehow made it into my wardrobe, how could that happen? Hugs Jaymee

Jodi
03-04-2015, 02:52 PM
I just took a bag of clothing to my stylist. Bag included 2 dresses, 3 skirts, 3 tops and 4 sweaters. She was thrilled.

Jodi

Brandy Mathews
03-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Sarah,
Just did the same thing myself. Out of date blouses, shoes, boots. Time to go shopping!!! Kohls and Macys are having sales this weekend.
Hugs,
Bree :)

cdtraveler
03-04-2015, 03:24 PM
In regard to cleaning, organizing and discarding fem items especially clothing and having just visited Phoebe Cross's studio in Atlanta, wanted to suggest either donating items to Phoebe or Goodwill as a great way to give while getting rid of things.

Amanda

Sarah-RT
03-04-2015, 03:44 PM
having done it now it felt more like a purge..
I did want rid of the particular items but im kind of feeling the process for actually bothering to do it was a disconnect. I know it will be back, and I look forward to that, I have a new pair of shoes and a wig on their way through the mail but the thoughts of wearing them just arent there.
I know we all have our ups and downs but im starting to wish it was one or the other right now, such is life.

Sarah Doepner
03-04-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm in the same process of cleaning out the closet, but I end up finding something I bought quite a while ago and start to think how it may work with something else I purchased more recently. By the end of the process I tend to keep things I had originally planned to toss and discover there are things I've been keeping that just don't fit either me or with anything else I have.

Now it's time to start going through the shoes. Anytime I find a pair in a thrift store that even comes close to fitting I tend to toss them in the basket and bring them home. Now I have plenty of shoes (What?), well a lot of shoes and many of them are just uncomfortable to wear for very long or on hard surfaces. So it's time to prune that pile down and take them off to donate.

It doesn't feel like a purge, but then I still have more than I can wear in a week in Las Vegas, so if I'm not back in a few hours, don't worry, I'm going through my bags of donations looking for things that go with the shoes I thought I was going to get rid of.

lingerieLiz
03-04-2015, 05:44 PM
I have a wife and daughters who purge on a regular basis things that don't fit, why did I buy that, or way out of style. They have given me orders to do the same. I really need to do it! You know the shear blouses that were in style in the 80s. The 90s look dresses ... and 2000 old ladies dress that my wife said what were you thinking? That is the ugliest dress you have ever bought (she doesn't like some of my picks.) Oh well I do need to sort out things and will still have a wardrobe bigger than I need.

Teri Ray
03-04-2015, 09:44 PM
I just went through my stash of Teri things and found that I have more panties and bras than my wife. I had as many shoes as she does. Built two piles one "Keep" the other " Don't Keep". had a difficult time putting anything in the " Don't Keep" pile. But after I was done I did pair down quite a bit. As others have stated I had to go shopping to get over my ill feelings.

bobbimo
03-05-2015, 08:08 AM
I'm with you Sarah!
I love to go through my closet and try everything on, too big or too small, it goes to the thrift store. Lots of the things I first bought were just too silly to where now. They were cute and still are, but I like a woman's/misses fit more than the juniors I used to buy. Mostly the waist is way too high.
The nice thing about cleaning out, is you now have more room to ....... GO SHOPPING
woo hoo.
Bobbi