PDA

View Full Version : Partner i Crime? Not ready to share?

ophelia
03-05-2015, 08:12 AM
I've thought a lot about having a CD or GG partner for my outings. I don't think I'm ready yet.
How do you feel? How is it working if any of you have a partner in crime for outings?

bridget thronton
03-05-2015, 08:20 AM
I enjoy my wife's company on outings when she is able to come

mykell
03-05-2015, 08:49 AM
im ready to share, dont feel the mrs. is ready for me to have a different "partner", but a shopping buddy would be awesome....

Suzie Petersen
03-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Going out with someone else instead of alone makes a huge difference! At least for me it did and for several reasons.
There is the feeling of safety. Having someone else there with you feels a lot safer than being alone. I also believe it actually does make it a lot safer. A woman alone is almost never a good thing and almost always increases the risk.
Then there is the company part of it! It is great to have someone to share with, both during the time out, shopping, visiting museums, whatever you do. And then there is afterwards where it is great to have someone to remember the time with.

An other option, instead of the CD/GG scenario, is to team up with an other CD but take turns being dressed. A male/female "couple" out and about draws much less attention than a solo female. Do some people watching sometime and you will see. Men look at females who are alone much more than at couples.

- Suzie

Kate Simmons
03-05-2015, 09:08 AM
It's okay if you both want to do the same things. I'm kind of independent myself and subject to change. This is what keeps me a free spirit. Depends on what you want.:)

meganmartin
03-05-2015, 09:17 AM
It is wonderful to have friends to do things with while out.
Also it is safer to be out with someone than solo.

~Joanne~
03-05-2015, 09:26 AM
My So and I go out all the time and it's a lot easier when you have someone there with you whether it be shopping or just out and about. Who wants to do things alone?

Alice Torn
03-05-2015, 09:59 AM
A lot of us have to go out alone, if we dare go out at all.

Barbara Black
03-05-2015, 10:02 AM
I like your idea (Suzie), of alternating dressing up, just as an alternative. Certainly we all like to dress and want to be the one to dress though. LOL

Suzie Petersen
03-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Barbara: Yes there is a risk of a cat-fight breaking out before anybody goes anywhere ;)

Nikki A.
03-05-2015, 10:35 AM
I have two or three GG friends that have been out with me. Funny thing is that both have told me that after a while they forget that I'm a guy in a dress and just treat me as another girl friend.
One is funny in that we do shopping for her store and after having problems with her other friends, I'm the only one that keeps up with her and is actually a help than a hindrance.

Lynn Marie
03-05-2015, 10:36 AM
I'm with Suzie here. I have lots of CD girlfriends and rarely, if ever, go out alone dressed. I do plenty of stuff alone in drab, no problem at all but my hobbies have always been done socially. I'd donate my enfemme wardrobe to Goodwill rather than ever going back to CDing alone.

Tonya Rose
03-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Having a shopping buddy is awsome, It opens so many more doors!!! and I have two, My wife likes to go shopping with me!
But also my stepdaughter who I most often go shopping with and we have a blast!!!
No more sale rack fly by`s We just take our time and buy exactly what we want without any stress!
So Ophelia, My advise is GO FOR IT Just be careful who you choose, and remember once you come out to someone you can never un-tell them! Good Luck!!!:2c:

Jenniferathome
03-05-2015, 10:55 AM
I always prefer my wife to join me but that is not always possible. But when I do go out without her, which is mostly the case, going out with company is simply more enjoyable as opposed to alone.

CONSUELO
03-05-2015, 10:56 AM
I know it was intended as a joke, and indeed I took it that way, but why do we use a word like "crime" to characterize going out dressed? This is not meant as a criticism but a genuine question. Why do we use words like that to describe aspects of our cross dressing while asserting that what we do is OK?

pamela7
03-05-2015, 11:09 AM
I prefer company going out anywhere anyway, but its more important dressed, because I'd walk too fast too manly without a co-conspirator or my SO to keep me "dainty" :-)

JessicaMann
03-05-2015, 11:14 AM
as my wife doesn't accept Jessica, and probably never will. I often/ always go it alone, in guy mode! if I'm with my wife and I see something that I must have... I just remember where I saw it and go back without her!!! but I have no problem buying my feminine things as a guy. I will purchase anything I need from bras and undies..... to tampons and makeup!!on some occasions, I will even use the fitting rooms! but I do wish I had a sister to shop with!!! to have a second opinion on a blouse or to see something I may have missed that I would look good in?!?!! life would be much more enjoyable if I wasn't flying solo all the time!!!

Adriana Moretti
03-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Is there any other way to go out ?? Having a partner in crime is awesome.....having an entourage is even better. There is also strength in numbers. I have alot of cd gal pals who are very active in going out, doing things etc...the real question is can I keep up with them! It is very healthy to have friends and share experiences together. Maybe try to make some like minded local cd friends. You get one crack at life, might as well enjoy it. xoxo

Beverley Sims
03-05-2015, 12:21 PM
It's good to have a partner in crime as you describe.
Just make sure you are the best of friends.

Jenniferathome
03-05-2015, 12:34 PM
I know it was intended as a joke, and indeed I took it that way, but why do we use a word like "crime" to characterize going out dressed? This is not meant as a criticism but a genuine question. Why do we use words like that to describe aspects of our cross dressing while asserting that what we do is OK?

come on. It's a simple euphemism. You are reading between lines that do not exist.

JocelynJames
03-05-2015, 12:40 PM
This idea interests me as I have yet to escape the confines of my house . If there were CDs near me interested in doing this I would probably go out.

Jaylyn
03-05-2015, 12:55 PM
I have often thought it would be great to have a partner or partners that love to dress and we could go out sometimes dressed. I can dress all I want at home but my wife did draw the line on going out dressed. I see heroine in our small town. I have thought and felt I would enjoy going out in a group in a large town. I have been invited though twice to go to San Antonio by some sisters on here and to even come to Dallas and join the group that goes out there. Tempting but I still hesitate knowing that it could become addictive and just once would not be sufficient..... Lol

Jodi
03-05-2015, 01:12 PM
I have gone out with both cd's and gg's while dressed. It is nice to have company. I have one cd friend that I have done things with for over 10 years. There are several gg's that enjoy going out with me while I'm dressed. They specifically like to critique my outfit and overall look. Just a note on blending/passing--go out with 3 or more cd's and your chance of being read is near 100%. If you go out with 2-3 gg's, your chance of being read drops to about 10%.

Jodi

StephanieinSecret
03-05-2015, 05:07 PM
I wish I had company. My SO wants no part of my dressing, and going it alone gets old after a while. I'm not upnto a real outing yet. It would be nice to be able to entertain a guest or go have a cup of coffee with a fellow CD'er-dip my toe in the water, so to speak- but as we all know, most of us are hidden away.

I have read of people having small household parties and gatherings, often centered around major sporting events. The split of watching, say, the Super Bowl, with a bunch of CD/TG guys, sounds like a blast. Maybe one day.

Annaliese
03-05-2015, 05:50 PM
For me it was the only way I got out the door. Thank Cami

Suzie Petersen
03-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Stephanie:

It can be a lot of fun for sure. I was part of a group for years where we would get together now and then for a party. Not often, maybe once or twice a year, so not like crazy.
It was always at the home of one couple (wonderful and very accepting wife) and some of us would make a weekend out of it, sleepover and everything. It was a lot of fun every time. Good food, cooking together etc, share stories, mingle, cocktail party etc etc.

Look for people who are local in this forum and see if you can get a group together.

justmetoo
03-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Well, I'm an introvert and also have social anxiety, and few friends (even fewer who know about me). So I mostly go out alone. I actually tend to prefer that because I can do what I want when I want and go home when I'm ready. I'd need to really get to know someone as a friend before I'd want to go out with a "partner in crime" more often, otherwise my social anxiety gets the better of me. Ideally I would prefer a GG or 2 (and that's what I've actually done most often - in my relatively few outings with other people). On the flip side, I did enjoy hanging out with other CDs/TGs at an CD/TG event, but that was all part of the event, and I was able to get away and be alone if/when I needed to.

Sometimes Steffi
03-05-2015, 09:39 PM
I have enough "partners in crime" to fill a whole jail.

I'm in a DC group that plans outings about once a month. We used to go to the house of a member, but it got to be too many people. I'm going out Saturday and 43 of us have signed up. We kind of take over the lobby of a nearby hotel.

I also have a CD friend with an accepting wife. They do a lot of "regular" things together, so the 3 of us sometimes go to a mall or a restaurant together. By myself, I'd be more reluctant to do mainstream things alone, but I'm learning to.

Paula_56
03-06-2015, 10:22 AM
come on. It's a simple euphemism. You are reading between lines that do not exist.

Thank you Jenn, sometimes I'm afraid to post without somebody finding a flaw or something un PC

Jorja
03-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Thank you Jenn, sometimes I'm afraid to post without somebody finding a flaw or something un PC

I quit worrying about being un PC a long time ago. If the rest of the world would quit trying to be Pc correct and just say what the problems are, maybe we wouldn't near Armageddon all the time.

NicoleScott
03-06-2015, 04:39 PM
.... why do we use a word like "crime" to characterize going out dressed?

Because sometimes we go out "dressed to kill". Harmless expressions, that's all.