PDA

View Full Version : I even want to be cryonized (did I spell right?) ...for more feminine features.

Kimonogirl
03-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Who knows, if someone freeze me and thaw me after a century

So I can be younger and very weird plastic surgeries I have hoped are ready-available....

Anyone thought about that?

Jocelyn Quivers
03-05-2015, 09:44 AM
I listened to a podcast a few years ago about this. The part that stuck out most, was that the method at the time was that only your head is saved, and frozen, being that your brain is the most important body part as far as consciousness, etc. Sort of like Futurama, and it's very expensive!! I'd personally be more in favor of transferring my consciousness into an android body with small feet, that never ages, needs, food, sleep, gains weight, has to go to the bathroom, etc, with guaranteed working parts and free maintenance/upkeep for 100,000 years. Sort of like that Star Trek episode with Harry Mudd where Uhara made such a deal with the captor androids.

Ineke Vashon
03-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Not me. I don't like being cold. But, think about it - what if you had been frozen in permafrost since 1700 and somehow were brought to life today :eek:.

Just a-thinking,
Ineke

sometimes_miss
03-05-2015, 10:19 PM
I'd go for the android body thing, rather than being frozen. Mr. Data, only female style. Got to remember, the first few thawed people might not get their dream of living on as if nothing happened, (as they might get thawed out, oh, accidently, and kept as a talking head in a jar atop some sort of machinery, now wouldn't that be a nightmare!).

Jorja
03-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Nope, ain't happening! I hate the cold. I'm more of the 7 of 9 kinda girl.;)

docrobbysherry
03-05-2015, 11:22 PM
As new wave religions go, cryogenics seems to be fairly innocuous.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-06-2015, 12:55 PM
I'd go for the android body thing, rather than being frozen. Mr. Data, only female style. Got to remember, the first few thawed people might not get their dream of living on as if nothing happened, (as they might get thawed out, oh, accidently, and kept as a talking head in a jar atop some sort of machinery, now wouldn't that be a nightmare!).

Now that I remember that technology did exist in the STNG, that episode with the wife of Data's Creator who considered herself to be his mother. As we find out, she actually died several years ago, but her husband/Data's creator Dr. Soong created his most lifelike "Soong" Android ever, and transfered his wife's conscious into the android body, the body was designed to age, and give the appearance of a normal human GG along with normal biological functions. It was so advanced that she did not even know she was an android. On a side note, it was messed up shot for her to divorce her husband shortly after her brings her back from death!! Also wonder if she made him pay alimony as well or if that still exist in the 24th century. Back to original topic, the downside to this model is that it still ages, the Mudd androids don't, and the "Alice" models says it all.:D