PDA

View Full Version : I've finally done it

Emma_Forbes
02-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi girls,

Well I've finally done it. Earlier this evening I waxed my legs for the first time. I thought 'why the hell not - they're my legs!" I'll find an excuse if ever I need one.

They look good and they feel great! Couldn't wait to put stockings on - and they stay up now without any hassle. :D Why did I wait so long?

Emma

mistunderstood
02-01-2006, 06:22 PM
You go Girl.

Lindahexi
02-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Well done Emma, I shave mine and have never waxed, did it hurt? I feel sure that waxing gives better results than shaving, I'd love to try it. Did you use those pre-waxed strips?

uknowhoo
02-01-2006, 06:39 PM
WOO HOO !!!

Good for you, Emma. I'm so happy for you.

Who knows where this might lead! :bs:

Hugs,

Tammi

KateW
02-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Congrats! I usually shave but have waxed on occasion. All I can say about the first time is OWCH! It seemed to hurt more the higher I went up my leg, and round the back was particularly bad. For the quickest results (but admittedly the smelliest) I still favor Immac.

kristytv
02-01-2006, 09:30 PM
i have been thinking about having a proffesional wax job, my hair grows too fast, 1 day and i am stubly , if i understand this right , the waxing makes it not come back as fast, i shave every 2 days

Laurie Ann
02-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I prefer to shave enhances the whole female thing.

gwenrob43
02-02-2006, 01:43 AM
I tried using hair removal lotions; wow, it burned the top of my thigh:angry:
I went back to shaving and I'm hairy as a bear. :cool:

Emma_Forbes
02-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Thank you all for the words of encouragement.

Yes it did hurt a little but nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. It gets worse as you go up and seems to become less effective too. I was waxing in the bathroom and noticed that as the room got hotter the waxing became less effective. I'm guessing that the process works by melting the wax onto the hairs, then letting it cool and set before ripping the strip off, in which case the hotter I became (temperature I mean :cheeky: ) the less effective the waxing was.

Anyway, I'll know for next time. Virtually no irritation either, just some simple moisturiser was all I used.

All in all, well worth it. Arms next....

Emma

Davinarobo
02-02-2006, 08:50 AM
I started out waxing but it got too involved, having to use oil to clean the wax off. Now I use a epilator, legs, chest, arms, inc under arms, also the pubics. I find that it seems to last longer and there is no clean up after.
Just the thing for a nice smooth body, ummmm.
Love to you all, no matter how you shave. Davina

Girly Sara
02-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Can't beat freshly-shaved legs. Such a nice feeling huh?

Shame it doesn't last long though. I shave my body as a one-time 'full' body wax was hell! lol

Good on ya Emma!

Sara xxxx