PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you want to feel "girlie?"

Lacy PJs
03-05-2015, 07:13 PM
So, you have some time... you hit the shower, touch up the shave, dress in one of your favorite outfits, pull on some nylons or pantyhose, slip into some shoes and... something's missing. Even though you are all dolled up, dressed to the nines, you just don't "feel it." So, what do you do when you want to feel more like a girl or... more girlie?

I get that way once in a while. Babydoll pjs or a leotard & tights, maybe even a skirt & blouse with pantyhose & heels but I just feel like there should be something else. This doesn't happen all of the time but every once in a while, you kind of feel like there should be a little more.

Something to think about; I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Lacy PJs

RADER
03-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Like my wife would tell me at times, "Go and put on your Bra":.
I guess that does help to calm me down and feel a little on the fem side.
Rader

ophelia
03-05-2015, 08:03 PM
I spray some "White Diamonds" or Givenchi on my shirt collar....and on my pillow at night

JocelynJames
03-05-2015, 08:20 PM
If I want really girlie, it's probably going to be a corset, something form fitting, stockings and heels. Or sometimes just one of those. I feel like it's the fuel- sometimes I need a full tank and sometimes just to be topped off

FeliciaMCD
03-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Oh, little things. I just had my first manicure and that was an awesome feeling. I think I'm over the "want to feel girly" thing, but I definitely like getting done up and feeling well put together.

allie45
03-05-2015, 08:30 PM
As long as I am clean shaven, I am happy to put on a skirt or dress and hang out around the house and feel girlie.

Rader, my wife has had to tell me to put on a bra or skirt many times to let me know I need to calm down!

sometimes_miss
03-05-2015, 09:17 PM
It no longer takes anything special; once I'm dressed, the feeling of female is more or less complete. Occasionally I'll watch a show starring someone that I would have liked to be (pretty teen, usually, as my female sort of desires are kinda stuck at around age 14), and I enjoy looking through juniors style catalogs, oh and I also subscribe to Seventeen magazine. The women at work always have a copy of Glamour and Cosmo So I get to read those on my breaks; I lie and say it's because I like to look at the hot women in the pictures....well, it's not exactly a lie, but the reasoning is a little different.

docrobbysherry
03-05-2015, 09:18 PM
GET ONLINE HERE!:tongueout

Suzie Petersen
03-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Turn on my "girl" mind! ............. Does that even make sense?

- Suzie

Kimonogirl
03-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Whenever I see very lovely doujin arts in
pixiv. It makes masturbation very guilty....

Lily Catherine
03-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Twirling a sufficiently long and full skirt does it in particular

HollyCD
03-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Seems a lot of us have expressed that the desire to CD comes and goes. I've had times where there was a rare opportunity to dress and took advantage of said opportunity even though I didn't necessarily feel a strong desire to do so at the time. Once dressed I would realize I just wasn't feeling it, changed back to drab, and moved on. I've learned that if I'm not in the mood there's no need to force the issue, the desire will come back and the opportunity to dress at that time will be a much more enjoyable one.

Brandy Mathews
03-06-2015, 12:17 AM
For me, the clothes are one thing, but feeling more girlie is the makeup, nails, lipstick, just makes things so much nicer I think.

Maija Stone
03-06-2015, 12:29 AM
There are two things which help me feel really girly. First wear a dress, not a skirt, or other clothing, a dress ia really girly for me. The second thing is to get a wig on, this completes the girly experience for me....OK high heels too.

LookingGlass
03-06-2015, 01:08 AM
This really is only specific to today. Because the winter storms that keep hitting my area layered us with ice and snow yet again, I got a snow day and got to spend it going thru outfit after outfit until I found the right one for "workmode" and "playmode." Totally got into the girlie vibe of it and caught myself taking selfies.

Diane Smith
03-06-2015, 02:03 AM
It's more a mental state for me than related to what I'm wearing. If I'm in the mood -- and usually I am, or can get there with some willpower -- I can flip into girl space even if I'm sitting at work in boy drag. It's easiest, though, after work when I'm more relaxed, and adding a pair of heels or earrings helps the change come faster.

- Diane

pamela7
03-06-2015, 06:08 AM
okay, perhaps it's a desire for "more"? I'm wanting to go out, to be "seen" or to express myself "out there". I don't know why, I just do, and that perhaps is the addict thing of bigger hits?
Having said that though, I'm about to do my nails for the first time, and I suspect I'll be ogling them all day afterwards!

PS i have just come in and showered after log sawing, and mending hose pipes in the garden. Kind of that's the bit before and after enlightenment, and dressed is "the enlightenment"!

Kate Simmons
03-06-2015, 07:06 AM
Feeling more like a woman perhaps and doing what women do. Not everyone wants to go that far, however. :)

carbonara
03-06-2015, 07:12 AM
For days when theres no time or chance to get dressed, I'd just get myself nice and smooth, then slap on the lotions and moisturizers, put on a nice facial mask and just chill to some tunes.

Wendrme
03-06-2015, 07:37 AM
If I want to feel especially girly, I spend a half hour or so doing my nails. My wife always gets that look on her face: "Here he goes again!", when I get my stuff out and sit down on the couch with her and start filing a nice oval shape and apply a feminine color which is even too girly for her. But it sure gets her in the mood.

Sindyca
03-06-2015, 07:45 AM
There is more when you make love with your gf or wife like lesbian,that is time when i feel totaly "girlie"

BLUE ORCHID
03-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Hi Lacy, All I have to do is pull open the closet door.:daydreaming:

Beverley Sims
03-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Dress in something extreme.
An experiment for my eyes only. :)
I wear baby doll PJ's as you illustrate in the summertime.
I always have.

CDRMolly
03-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Put on some nice sexy,tight lingerie with my D forms

Greenie
03-06-2015, 09:34 AM
I wake up, and there I am. ;)

Sorry there is never anything for GG's to post about in this main forum, and instead of getting bored and leaving you all for 4 more months. I decided to participate. :)

But in reality, even GG's have stuff that we do to "feel girlie" maybe not to "make us feel girlie, but girlie things that we like"

I like getting a manicure and pedicure. :)

P.s. I also hate the word Girlie... but you know. ;)

JenniferR771
03-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Thanks for hangin with us Greenie. Your insight is helpful.
I cannot explain it. I just open my storage and add a few items--and if the excitement isn't there, put on a few more, (cute wig perhaps or high heels). And if I still look and (worse) feel like an old man in a dress--add lots of makeup. I want to look like a woman that would be attractive to me. Short hair, heels, nice legs.

I should point out--I am also a bit of a fetish crossdresser. I look in the mirror and pretend that a domineering, yet caring and beautiful girlfriend is forcing me to dress and taking me as a guest to an out of town wedding in drag.

mykell
03-06-2015, 10:11 AM
for me girlie is not a bad word as i try to emulate a younger version of myself as female, where as when you (greenie) and other GGs wake up as GG and want/need to feel more i would describe it as feminine/and more feminine....to me we can never feel this as were male and you as genuine females and would by association feel feminine all the time....(does this make sense?)
for me just actually getting dressed makes me feel "girlie" for lack of a better term, but it is usually that i feel more myself....delving deeper into it to achieve more and make it more "fun" i think is a good word for me....

Lacyfem
03-06-2015, 10:20 AM
If time doesn't permit I'll just slip on a pair of my favorite panties just like I did before I logged on here.

lesli
03-06-2015, 10:53 AM
it doesn't really matter how dressed i am; until i put on my lipstick things are just not complete. even if i am in drab, if i put on a nice shade of lipstick, then i am instantly girly.

Ina Girdle
03-06-2015, 12:54 PM
For me, it is putting on my bra! The first 15 minutes afterwards is just bliss, as I am super aware of the bra supporting my breasts and wrapping around uder my arms and across my back. It's about as girly / content & complete as it needs to be for me.

ina G.

ClosetED
03-06-2015, 01:19 PM
I try to fill my senses - do my nails so I see the color (maybe some rings/bracelets), perfume to smell, earrings to feel the dangle or to tinkle, longer hair to get in eyes or touch neck/back, silky hose to feel on legs, and then walk ladylike in high heels to feel the difference in body motion.
Ellen

Lacy PJs
03-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Some have mentioned that they don't particularly like the term "girlie." I'm not suing it in the sense of a "girlie magazine" or one to exemplify being negative like a wimp or sissy but rather as a term depicting a younger style and ultra femininity. Maybe I didn't properly portray that in my original post. Having said that, it seems to me that lots of lace, ruffles, ribbons & bows and perhaps a shorter hemline are "girlie" in that sense. Perhaps another way to think of it is simply cute... Most of the babydoll PJ drawings that I use for my avatars fit into my idea of cute... and girlie.

There are certain things that are pretty and others that are cute. They are not always the same but certainly feminine when thought upon.

I have enjoyed your sharing your thoughts as it helps me realize that there are some times that "it" just isn't there for some of us.

Lacy PJs

NicoleScott
03-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Lacy PJs, I agree with your definition of girlie, and add that for me it's the feeling I get when I want to dress and the feeling when I am dressed. And I agree with you about pretty and cute. Not the same, but I love the ones that can be both at the same time.
To answer your question, I dress in the most over-the-top way.

Teresa
03-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Lacy,
Dressing is usually enough but for the real girlie feeling I like to wear my denim mini skirt, a neat Tshirt and my 4" peep toe shoes and find a hidden spot in the garden relax in a recliner and feel the warm sun on my bare shaved legs ! Self indulgent heaven, but risky because I often fall asleep !!

I use to buy babydoll sets for an ex GF we enjoyed sharing those !

AussieJess
03-06-2015, 04:46 PM
I feel happiest in thigh highs, suspenders, satin panty and matching bra, skirt and a nice top. When I am home alone I twirl and twirl, it just makes me feel happiest and the most fem i can currently think of.

suchacutie
03-06-2015, 05:24 PM
I have strong emotional ties to both of my gendered selves. For me that results in a need to go through a ritual to switch genders. I can't just "turn on a dime". Tina arrives from the ground-up, as it were, or maybe from the inside out. Once the body is prepped, then the whole ritual of clothes and makeup and shoes (and a glass of wine) and nails (!) over the better part of an hour and the male part of me is subsumed under all that is Tina. And Tina IS girlie :)

SandraB
03-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Wearing my 1st and only dress to date. I really need to build my wardrobe.

Ally 2112
03-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Doing my nails when i know i can keep them painted for awhile

GypsyGirl10
03-06-2015, 08:09 PM
If the dressing doesn't do it then it's lipstick and wine (or other beverage) from crystal. Leaving a lipstick stain on the glass and feeling the thin crystal in my fingers with my painted nails does it. Also, how I'm sitting (legs crossed) and /or walking in heels. But I can feel feminine in male mode too: when my wife and I go to a tea shop and have lunch, it's all about the decor and daintiness of everything and I can get into feeling like a woman in a women's space even while presenting as a man.

valeriesue
03-06-2015, 09:09 PM
The icing on the cake for me is standing in front of the mirror after get all done up and brushing my hair (wig). If I am just sitting around relaxing I find myself twirling my hair with my fingers. I will get completely lost in the emotion and complete peace I feel when I am playing with my hair.

justmetoo
03-06-2015, 10:14 PM
I want to echo Jennifer and thank Greenie for hanging out with us. Her post gave me a chuckle. :)
I was trying to think of what I do to feel "girlie" or if I do do anything... I guess just putting on a skirt helps. Or I might sort of "up the ante" depending on how much time and energy I have. If I'm not up to full on wig, makeup, etc., I might just wear a skirt, or I might wear bra, top and skirt or dress, or add some perfume, or maybe some dangly earrings and/or necklace. But then I will usually just go about my usual household chores and hobbies without thinking much about the clothes once I've donned them. So I wouldn't necessarily say I'm feeling "girlie" when I do that.

mechamoose
03-06-2015, 11:52 PM
I sit down with The Wife and talk about presentation and 'hot or not?' stuff :) We b!tch over 'Project Runway' and 'RPDR'.

I get to listen to her complain that I wear things she can't. That my nails are prettier than hers.

I 'feel girlie' often. Other times I'm a dirty, sweaty ball of testosterone (after moving heavy sh!t, coming back from a 50 mile bike ride or spending a few hours doing Kung-Fu)

I still wear frilly panties to bed. I still wear skirts around the house. I have slinkier shoes than she does.

It is *all* head-space, honey. It is how you perceive *YOU*.

You are as butch or as femme as you feel... right then, right now.

Sometimes I /swish so hard I knock things off of shelves. Other times I'm a beast and *hold*them*down* so they don't fall }:>

Be *you*. It is *all* about self-perception, all about identity and head-space. You need to know and understand who YOU are, and roll with that.

None of that is *wrong*.

<3

- MM

Jessie James
03-07-2015, 12:20 AM
I feel pretty 'girly' most of the time. It really kicks into overdrive though when I look through fashion/clothing magazines or when I look at dresses online.

Jessie~☆

dawnmarrie1961
03-07-2015, 01:30 AM
I'm a little vague on the hole "Feeling Girlie" thing? I don't know what that means. Even after all these years! I feel like me. If that's what feeling girlie means then I guess I feel it. If not? I'm not gonna worry about it. Works for me.

Samantha_Smile
03-07-2015, 06:50 AM
Whenever I get my opportunities and I am going to be using that day for girly time, I don't wish there was more, other than getting to a CD/TV club I don't feel that I have anything left to do now, to feel how I need to.
I'm in a constant state of fine tuning my presentation.
Sometimes I get my makeup a bit wrong (Isn't what I set out to do), sometimes I make a mess of glueing on my nails or lashes, sometimes trying a new makeup technique that goes horribly wrong.
I am now at a point where I am happy with just doing half a good job with my face, or going whole hog.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Whole hog consisting of;
Hot bath (with bubbles), cleanse, shave, wash hair and comb back, brush teeth, contact lenses in,
tape the chap back (if skirt or dress is close or tight fit), womens anti persperant and body moisturiser (especially where I've shaved),
pluck any stray eyebrow hairs, Glue my eyebrows, full face of makeup with false lashes,
all clothing (taping a cleavage up when required), wig, any jewellery (costume - I don't bother with the pricey stuff), heels, any belts or extras, glue on my pre-painted nails
(see here http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?217781-How-I-do-my-nails&highlight=)
Always finish with perfume and a final touch up in the mirror.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I said, going out is a goal, but that's why I spend so much time attempting to reach out to other CDs and those like me, to feel like I'm not alone in this.
When I am dressed and fully prepared, I'll mill about the house, go online, take pics sometimes- if I am pleased with the final appearance.
I'll watch TV, go on a chat site for a bit, and any house work that's needed but not the dishes (not with these nice smelling hands and beautiful nails :D).
Sometimes it does feel a bit cagey and secretive, but I just wanna get out to a friendly (CD/TV/TS friendly) place and have a laugh and a drink with others like me.

EllenJo
03-07-2015, 07:12 AM
When ever I want to feel more "girlie" I just put on more lace. Lacy slip, lace trimmed panties, skirt with cute lace trim, blouse with lace ruffles. Lace just gives me an extra boost. I do not go that route to often, just when I feel I need it. Otherwise I feel great with female casual skirts and blouses.

Hugs
Ellen Jo

MissTee
03-08-2015, 01:37 AM
It varies with my mood. Sometimes plain white nylon panties are enough. Other times I need the full experience of forms, wig, etc.

Megan Nicole
03-08-2015, 08:37 AM
I'm underdressed almost 24/7, so that helps a lot. But when I need that "little extra girl power" I'll put on a little light makeup (which I seem to be doing quite a bit these days.)

Megan

leannejacobs
03-08-2015, 09:12 AM
I'm finding myself wearing my shapeware panties and tucking more and more, not something that anyone will notice but it gives me that constant reminder that I enjoy the girl in me.

Elizabeth123
03-19-2015, 04:12 PM
When I feel girlie I dress in short cutoffs and short shirt with sexy boots

sabrinaedwards
03-19-2015, 05:00 PM
I do not think that I am a transsexual, but when I want to feel the most girly, I pretend that I do not have a penis. I know that that sounds wierd, but when I am fully dressed with my nails polished, a wig, high heels etc I think of myself as a female person.
Love, Sabrina

Samantha74
03-19-2015, 05:05 PM
The hose and panties do it for me, but really looking forward to my first pair of real heels

FrancineS
03-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Fall winter its sweater boots leggings. Spring summer short skirt silk blouse modest heel.

SharonDenise
03-19-2015, 07:57 PM
The more dressed up I get, the more girlie I feel. Going the whole nine yards with breast forms, wig, jewelry, make-up, perfume while wearing something makes me feel girlie. I've felt even more girlie when I've dined at a restaurant with my make-up artist coach, en femme. Dining in public with the support of another is a delightful experience.

Janine cd
03-19-2015, 08:00 PM
I agree with Maija. Putting on my wig and lipstick seals the feminine role for me.

Tina_gm
03-20-2015, 08:59 AM
I think the minute any of us decide to do something that is cross gender in expression, we are already feeling it. experiencing the physical feeling enhances what is already going on inside of us. For me, I dress mainly for two reasons. 1, because when I get the opportunity, generally I find women's clothing to be more comfortable then men's clothing. Since I have removed societal issues from myself, purely seeking comfortable clothes is.... comfortable. 2. for me I am already "feeling it" I am just connecting the outside to the inside. And that feels comfortable as well.

Jennifer0874
03-20-2015, 10:28 AM
I like to shop. I usually get dressed in something feminine, but not obvious and head out somewhere I'm sure I won't know anyone. Just last week my wife was traveling for work one day so I took a half day from work and did my thing. Put on a cute little black top, skinny jeans and some size 13 flats I picked up at Payless. The shoes kind of had a shiny patent l look on the top.

I went to a Lovers Lane store to check out some sexy lingerie. When I walked in there was a couple shopping and I got a little nervous, but the paid no attention and left.

A sales associate asked if she could help, I told her I was just looking. Then I glanced over at her at noticed she was checking me out and a light bulb went off. It took her a second to realize I was wearing women's clothing. Our eyes met, she realized she was caught and we smiled at each other.

What a thrill and interactions like that are precisely why I leave the house.

Kirsty Louise
03-20-2015, 11:08 AM
I take a hot bubble bath with scented bath oils then slide on my favourite camisole and silk panties and relax with a glass of chardonnay and a good novel

Kristy 56
03-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Taking the time to enjoy each stage of getting dressed,and most importantly the make up.