PDA

View Full Version : Beating the Snow Blues

Paula_56
03-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Towards the end of January after several storms had dumped 2 to 3 feet each on us, I was ready for some girl time. I was tired of snow boots and ski pants and wanted to trade them in for a cute pair of riding boots and pantyhose.

It was a Friday in late January and we had a heavy snowfall the day before. That day we were forecasted to get 2 to 3 inches, not intimidating at all for this girl, so I decided to make a run to the Burlington Mall and just do some shopping.

I wore my tweed skirt from my Pendleton suit, a beige knit top, riding boots and black tights. What a pleasant relief to be all prettied up. There truly is a joy that takes over my heart as I get ready and watch myself become a woman. Sadness and stress melts away and I notice this woman smiling back from the mirror as I scurry around looking for lipstick or an earring.

I stopped at Dunkin’ Donuts for coffee, walked inside instead of using the drive-thru and got coffee. So boring ― just a woman on her way to work. I remember a few years ago it would have taken a legion of courage to go inside and then I would have been so flustered that I would have run home.
I don’t have that problem anymore for several reasons. One is confidence and that comes from number two, which is an improved overall presentation ― hair, makeup, clothes, and deportment. Third is acceptance and attitude; I truly have accepted the fact that I am transgender and do not see it as an issue that can be used against me.

Before I go out as a woman, I sit quietly for a while and reflect. I visualize myself as a woman, who is post-transition with years of experience living and working as a female. I tell myself this is who I am now. This frees me.

Off like a prom dress, I rode through the lightly falling snow to the Burlington Mall. Because of the snow the day before and the light snow that day, the mall was relatively empty. When I walked up to the M·A·C counter, I had my choice of makeup artists. The first to help was Rachael, pretty, trendy and vivacious.

The makeover itself was so much fun. I told her to ask me any question she wanted to as I was happy to educate her about transgender people. I got into the chair at 10:20 and was done at 12:30. We talked about everything. She asked me questions about growing up transgender, being married, what it felt like to have experienced being a woman for the first time. She asked me about dating, men and sexuality. We also talked M·A·C and makeup. I learned so much as I always do when I go to M·A·C.

Typically you schedule makeovers in advance; Rachael wasn’t busy so she just went for it. I made sure to buy over $60 of makeup and also quietly tipped Rachael $20.

With no time left to shop, I had to rush home before I turned back into Cinderella.

It was a sure way to beat the winter blues and get away from shoveling. I recommend a visit to your local M·A·C counter wholeheartedly. If you can’t it make it out, take some time to dress up at home and make yourself pretty. Spring is coming!

Suzie Petersen
03-05-2015, 10:00 PM
You look amazing Paula! Love your hair, fits your face so well!

Hugs
Suzie

Candy Cox
03-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Great story, thanks. It is encouraging to hear
Candy

Leslie Langford
03-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Good to hear from you again, Paula, and I am so glad to see that you have been surviving that terrible winter on the East Coast relatively unscathed so far. Reading the stories of how you continue to progress in your journey along the TG spectrum is always a fascinating and inspirational pastime, and I can certainly relate to your growing confidence in being out in public en femme as I move forward along much the same trajectory and at a similar pace - and with similar milestones periodically attained. :)

Reading between the lines, I get the sense that you and your wife have now come to a better understanding of your needs and that while perhaps still largely in a DADT relationship, the overt hostility that she had shown in the past towards your crossdressing has abated somewhat. I find myself to be at a similar point now, but by Gawd, sometimes I feel that I have fought my own version of the Thirty Years' War to get there. :sad: :doh:

The reason I mention this is because in mid-March, my wife will be out of town for a full week visiting her sisters. This will be an opportunity for me to live totally en femme for the duration, which will be a "first" for me. We have talked openly about this, and while she is not overly enthused by the idea, she isn't about to make my life difficult over it either. Granted, this won't quite be on a par with your recent trip overseas to the U.K. and your awesome crossdressing adventures there, but I have been taking notes - LOL! - and can hopefully emulate some of your experiences here.

Sounds as if you really are in a good place now, Paula, and it is so wonderful to continue reading how confidently this butterfly is emerging from her cocoon... :thumbsup: :)

bridget thronton
03-06-2015, 02:07 AM
You look good like always Paula

Julie Denier
03-06-2015, 03:17 AM
Wonderful! I always enjoy your stories and your photos ;)

Marcelle
03-06-2015, 04:44 AM
Hi Paula,

Sounds like a great day for you and great way to beat the winter blahs.

Hugs

Isha

Jackie7
03-06-2015, 04:53 AM
Hello Paula, lovely winter story, wonderful to see your progress and acceptance. You rock, girl!

AmyVanessa
03-06-2015, 06:06 AM
You look marvelous in that photo, Paula.
Let's keep our fingers crossed, spring should be here before too much longerr

alwayshave
03-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Paula, you look marvelous. The Burlington Mall is where I bought my first piece of femme clothing at Jordon Marsh.

BLUE ORCHID
03-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Hi Paula, I really don't see Paula turning back to Cinderella.:daydreaming:
You always look so lovely very feminine and natural looking.:hugs:

CarlaWestin
03-06-2015, 07:59 AM
What a pleasant relief to be all prettied up. There truly is a joy that takes over my heart as I get ready and watch myself become a woman. Sadness and stress melts away and I notice this woman smiling back from the mirror as I scurry around looking for lipstick or an earring.
Before I go out as a woman, I sit quietly for a while and reflect. I visualize myself as a woman, who is post-transition with years of experience living and working as a female. I tell myself this is who I am now. This frees me.

And Paula, you look fantastic! The serenity and happiness in your words emulates in your appearance. You've certainly captured the pure joy of this proclivity.
Thank you so much for sharing the experience.

Beverley Sims
03-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Spring is coming!
So is Christmas.
When it's been cold outside there is nothing like the warm atmosphere of a mall to get the heart racing.
I spend more money than in the summer time when I also take refuge in a cool mall.

DonnaP
03-06-2015, 10:40 AM
You look amazing I would love to look that great and have your confidence. I'm not that far from Burlington Mall maybe some day as I become more adventuresome we will cross path or even set up a get together. Thanks for great story and giving a little esteem to push on. Would love to meet someday.

kimdl93
03-06-2015, 12:22 PM
I like the idea of your self visualization. I sometimes do this at times when I can't dress as a way of putting my mind at ease.