PDA

View Full Version : Growing up a little girl

celeste26
03-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Is something that I have not experienced, but I now have a 4 y/o grand daughter who is really into all the Disney princess stuff and so I get a vicarious feed from her. When she visits, the TV is filled with the typical little girl videos and I can sit and watch with her. Offer a faux protest and then sit there and watch anyway.

Fair or unfair I will get that little girl experience.

charlenesomeone
03-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Good for you, Jasmine is my fav.

Mary Lee
03-07-2015, 05:14 PM
I have the situation and I enjoy it. The biggest reason is when my daughters were young and I was working my butt off I did not make the time to with them.

Dianne S
03-07-2015, 08:17 PM
I feel a little sheepish to admit this, but the song "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid really resonates with me. I want to be part of the world of women...

I like the modern Disney princesses. They're strong and interesting characters (think Rapunzel in Tangled, for example).

Starling
03-07-2015, 10:10 PM
I confess I can't listen to the song "How Lovely to be a Woman" from Bye Bye Birdie without going through a world of pain. I was thirteen when that delightful musical opened on Broadway in 1959, and I was floundering like, well, a flounder in my gender confusion. Imagine how how different my life might have been if the knowledge and values of today could have been transported to 1960! Well, that's life isn't it?

:) Lallie

Emma Beth
03-08-2015, 10:02 AM
I hate to admit it; but when I finally saw Frozen, I really identified with Anna and Elsa. More Elsa than Anna, but I really fell in love with the two of them as my favorites.