PDA

View Full Version : Differences in heels?

SandraInHose
02-01-2006, 07:57 PM
I had a pair of 3" pumps for years, and could literally run in them. After I was discovered, they were purged.:cry:

Later, my wife reluctantly allowed me to buy a new pair, so I went for 4" heels. I don't know if it's the way the shoes are made or if it's because my feet won't bend that far, but I cannot take two steps in these ones. So disappointing!

Is there a big enough difference in shoe manufacturers that adding an inch of heel would make THAT much difference?

I would like to try a pair of 4" slides (like Dolly Parton wears all the time) but don't want to upset the wife unnecessarily if these are going to be painful to walk in, too.

Laurie Ann
02-01-2006, 10:49 PM
My heels are all 3-4" I have no problem in either height. The only hard part is stiletto heels need to get more on the balls of my feet for them.

MarinaTwelve200
02-01-2006, 11:20 PM
It could be the style of the shoe, or the size of the heel "footptint" or both

The pencil thin 4" stilleto slides I have are very difficult to walk in---and the tendancy for the heel of my foot to also slide sideways off them does not help matters in the least.

On the other hand, I have no problems at all wearing my 4 inch slingback pumps.---I hardly know I am wearing High heels---The footprint of the heel is only a bit bigger, a bit less than a dime, but the stability is much more greater than one would think. Its likely a shoe to shoe thing, and not the height of the heel alone.

Aileen
02-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Two inches are all I can comfortably handle. I have three-inch heels, but they are all killers. For a Halloween party I once wore three-inch heels for four hours. I made it, but I was really dying by the end of the night.

A woman said to me, "Those are not sissy heels."

TGMarla
02-01-2006, 11:40 PM
I have some at 3", and some at 4". I enjoy both heights, and since they fit my feet rather well, I have no problems wearing either for extended lengths of time. Sorry I can't help you. I'd just make sure they fit well to your feet prior to purchase. If they pinch, they'll murder your feet after a while.

trisha_anne
02-01-2006, 11:58 PM
I have found that with the increase in heel height the more they can hurt your feet and make walking difficult. I have also found that with a little practice walking in taller heels becomes much easier (best done indoors). And also the more I wear them the more comfortable they get. I have a pair of 5" heels that don't bother me at all now, but when I first got them the gave me pains in my feet and toes. It may also have to do with the style of shoe.

lauren
02-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I have several pairs of 2-3" pumps that are just about the tallest that I can comfortably wear. I tried 4" heels once and was so uncomfortable in them that I gave them away to the first person who asked me about them.

Lauren

Melinda G
02-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Some shoes are comfortable and some aren't. Must be the way they are made.
I wear heels around the house several hours a week or more, just to stay used to them. I can walk better in heels than some women I know.

Miriannah
02-02-2006, 05:51 AM
As the height of the heel changes, so does the way you must walk in them in order to do so with the least amount of difficulty. Perhaps that's what you're experiencing.

I have a pair of 3" shoes that are almost second nature to walk in at this point, so it's time to move up I think. When I get a chance, I'm going to get some 6" (technically 5" because of the platform) and if those work out, I'll snag a pair of actual 6"ers I saw and really want. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle those, though, but if they work out, I'm going straight for 8 1/2". ^^

Amanduhrob
02-02-2006, 08:42 AM
I started in 3" heels, and because of the size (11w) I had no problems walking in them, much to my ex wife, and mother in law's chagrin. I think it had to do with the size. The smaller the size, the steeper the arch.

I have a pair of 5" heels that I just can't wear, so they're just sitting in a tote all alone. I can and do wear my 4" stiletto ankle boots, but the seam on the front digs in to my feet, and they get uncomfortable after about 20 minutes.

LindaTS
02-02-2006, 09:55 AM
I have lots of shoes, all of them from 2 1/2" to 5". Most with 5" heels are no problem to walk in but I once had a pair of 5" that I had trouble just standing in them. I never did figure out why but it seems that all heel heights are not the same.

Shelly Preston
02-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi Sandra

The heel height in relation to the shoe size will make all the difference.

If your shoe size is smaller, the angle of you foot will be steeper making it more difficult to walk in those shoes.

I wear 4" heels but thats my limit

SherriePall
02-02-2006, 06:33 PM
I concur with Marina. Some shoes are more stable because of a slightly larger heel bottom. Some are easier to walk in because your foot is more in sync with the shoe (ankle straps help here). I have a pair of 4 inch heels that easier to walk in than a pair of 2 inch strappies that have nothing at the heel to hold them on.

Tina Dixon
02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
3" is it for me, funny that what my says to:eek: